Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Pina Bridgette

One of the Regulars
So many nice things ladies! I have had my eye on a number of items lately but so far that is all I have been able to put on them.

Until... inspiration hit. How do you say it? oh yes: Squeeee!!!! I love to get fed ex packages. Today I got the Moda fabric I ordered for making this Vintage Vogue pattern. I'm still fairly new to sewing so it will probably take me a while to be able to post anything to the "Show us what you made" topic but until then imagine the possibilities:

moda2.jpg

I've got my eye on some really cute vintage buttons, too. ::cross my fingers::

Foofoogal

Banned
Sunny, I like the yellow dress on you but I think you would look fantastic in a Victorian gown with your hair all piled on top of your head.
Don't know why but just think you would. Is your hair red as it looks like it on my monitor.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Great dress Sunny:)

I just won these 3 repro dresses on the bay. I really like this sellers things, and she has great prices. Everything she has up for auction she also has available as BIN. But, I'd rather take my chances with the auctions, that way I can save some money, and have an excuse to buy more!:) The first one is a cherry print, and I won it for $19.49, which I think is a great bargain, and the blue and white for $24.99. The other two weren't as low as these two, but they were still great deals and a lot less than the buy it now prices. The tan wrap dress is a lovely eyelet print, and so is the red. Check out MissBombshell, she has great vintage inspired dresses:)

3098REDA.JPG
3098REDC.JPG
63364BGEA.JPG

63364BGEC.JPG
60530WHTA.JPG
2729REDA.JPG
2729REDD.JPG

RedHotRidinHood

Practically Family
Daisy Buchanan said:
Great dress Sunny:)

I just won these 3 repro dresses on the bay. I really like this sellers things, and she has great prices. Everything she has up for auction she also has available as BIN. But, I'd rather take my chances with the auctions, that way I can save some money, and have an excuse to buy more!:) The first one is a cherry print, and I won it for $19.49, which I think is a great bargain, and the blue and white for $24.99. The other two weren't as low as these two, but they were still great deals and a lot less than the buy it now prices. The tan wrap dress is a lovely eyelet print, and so is the red. Check out MissBombshell, she has great vintage inspired dresses:)

3098REDA.JPG
3098REDC.JPG
63364BGEA.JPG

63364BGEC.JPG
60530WHTA.JPG
2729REDA.JPG
2729REDD.JPG

I have met her-her name is Melissa, she lives here in Phoenix, and she is the nicest person the deal with. I don't know of anyone who has ever had a problem with her-she is very professional and has super nice stuff. Just FYI!

RedHotRidinHood

Practically Family
Pina Bridgette said:
So many nice things ladies! I have had my eye on a number of items lately but so far that is all I have been able to put on them.

Until... inspiration hit. How do you say it? oh yes: Squeeee!!!! I love to get fed ex packages. Today I got the Moda fabric I ordered for making this Vintage Vogue pattern. I'm still fairly new to sewing so it will probably take me a while to be able to post anything to the "Show us what you made" topic but until then imagine the possibilities:

moda2.jpg

I've got my eye on some really cute vintage buttons, too. ::cross my fingers::

Oh, that's LOVELY...what a wonderful print! I love the things that Moda comes up with!
When it comes to Vogue patterns, just go slowly if you are new to sewing. They are a little more complicated than say, Simplicity patterns, but they make up beautifully. I just bought that one yesterday, along with the other two like it. Good luck and post pictures when you are done!

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
Such gorgeous things ladies!
Daisy I love that cherry dress!
And Pina that pattern looks great, the fabric couldn't be cuter! :)

Daisy Buchanan

Thanks Bella and Red! Yes it is Bombshellvintage, Missbombshell is another seller who I really like. The store name is Shop-Boom-Boom. I really like the cherry print too, I think that one is tied with the blue polka dot for my favorite. She has been a wonderful seller to deal with. Excellent communication. I found a dress that was BIN that I fell in love with, but she didn't have my size. I emailed her and she got back to me really quickly saying that she was gonna call the manufacturer and see if they had any left in the size I needed. She really didn't need to go the extra mile for me, but she did. She also has been really patient because I won an auction with her over a week ago, but wanted to wait to pay to see if I would win the other auctions, that weren't up til' tonight. She had no problem with that. Every time I look at her store she has something new up. She has a lot of very cute shorter jackets that I really like.

Bridgette that pattern and fabric are incredible! You must post pictures of the completed dress, or maybe you shouldn't because I'll want you to make me one!!

Kimberly

Practically Family
I hit the jackpot today ladies price wise. The only thing I missed out on were vintage gowns which was adverstised in the paper for the yard sale. Some dealer bought them all before I even got a chance to look at them. The only brightside of it is that I didn't spend as much money and they looked too froo froo to me anyways. They were definately 50's or after.

I got this suit here for 50 cents. The black curly lamb is fading so I will have to redye it.

graysuit-1.jpg

I got this 50's beaded sweater for a dollar.

vintagecardigan.jpg

This full length curly lamb coat set me back $10.00. It fits as if it were tailor made for me and looks as if it were hardly worn.

curlylamb.jpg

Lastly, white gloves for two dollars in mint condition.

whitegloves.jpg

Total cost: $13.50!! I am on my way to thrift now. lol

Daisy Buchanan

Kimberly

Practically Family
Goldwyn Girl, I normally don't luck out at yardsales, I have been lucky the past two weeks and it's due to me searching the papers endlessly. :D . Anytime you want, say the word and we will venture out. ;)

I have no idea if this dress is current or not, but I had to buy it due to it's uniqueness. It is 100% cotton and feels and smells just like good cotton sheets. It is hand embroidered and appears to be hand made. It was a little loose on my so I put my belt on that I had and when I put it closer to my hips, it gave of a 1920's bohemian vibe so I couldn't resist it for $2.99!

cottondress.jpg

closeupcottondress.jpg

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Kimberlly, like Goldwyn... I'm coming to go yardsaling with you!! 50 cents for that awesome suit! WOW! You lucky dog!! You have really found many cheap fab finds and your wardrobe is certainly growing lately! I like that boho dress too!

Daisy, great repros! I like the eyelet one best.

Badleekitty, cute black dress! Same to you lindawmn!

Pina that fabric and pattern will be great. I almost bought that pattern too. Can't wait to see it worked up!

Nikki

Sunny

One Too Many
Foofoogal said:
Sunny, I like the yellow dress on you but I think you would look fantastic in a Victorian gown with your hair all piled on top of your head.
Don't know why but just think you would. Is your hair red as it looks like it on my monitor.

Aww, you're so sweet! Ironically enough, I reenact the Civil War. Not hair piled high, but close. I may get into the later Victorian period yet! :D

It's so funny that my hair photographs red! It's really not, but I couldn't give its real color a name. I've never colored or highlighted in any way. Some parts are blonde, some light brown, and lots in between. Overall it's a dark honey or toffee. It's funny, because my skin tone definitely makes me a Summer, but the hair enables me to wear more olivey-greens and goldy-yellows than a Summer ought. lol I still can't touch anything melon/orange/burnt orange, tan, or mustard-like yellow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner