Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
rosie, that green dress is lovely. although the collar area is completely different, the shape of it reminds me of a lot of the dresses that "rita sue" wore on Carnivale. very beautiful for us curvy gals!

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wow Rosie, both of your purchases are lovely!! The green dress is beautiful, and I love the yellow color! Do you ever look at a color and think if that was a piece of candy it would probably be really yummy!! Strange I know, but the bright summer colors seem to make me hungry!!!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Oh Rosie, you and you fab finds :rolleyes:

As far as the thread, its the longest on the lounge, and the most viewed. Oh yeah, we girls rule :D

Its this long totally for bragging rights . Whoo hoo!

LD

lindawmn

New in Town
Daisy, I hear you on the shopping and I know a lot of people call it 'filling a void'. I'm not so sure that's true because when I'm happy, I shop, when I'm sad, I shop, etc. lol For me it's simply the beauty of the items, much like it is with guitars - the wood, the different sounds each makes, well, it's intoxicating. Cedar sounds different than spruce sounds different than mahogany sounds different than rosewood, you know?

I think opening a shop is a spectacular idea. My business partner's and my shop literally came out of her husband looking at her stash of vintage jewelry and saying "You are planning to sell some of that, right? From there, a company was born! He even helps us replace rhinestones with cleaner vintage ones and repairs pieces!

pigeon toe

One Too Many
Ooh Rosie, I just bought a very similar dress this weekend! It's the same shade of green and a similar shape, but has some sheer white material on shoulders, and two pockets on the front. I'll post a picture soon.

Green dresses are the best!

Daisy Buchanan

Thanks Goldwyn Girl!!:)

I'm so excited that I won this very cool book about dressing and other grooming. It will make a nice addition to my very small vintage book collection. Check out the ebay link, there are a ton of pictures and great explanations as to what's inside of it.
kett02.jpg

Foofoogal

Banned
HTML:
I'm thinking of opening up an online store
Welcome to the club. I started out collecting dolls in early 1980s and winning ribbons with my dolls, that led to being around antiques so I collected them so much I had to become a dealer of antiques and then clothes of[huh] course started coming to me so much I had to seperate my business.
It is the search for treasures which motivates me and not the selling even. I just love to find old things and resurrect them.
One cannot even imagine the places I have found really messy objects and brought them back to life.

Daisy Buchanan

Thanks gals:)!!
I'm really impressed with the presentation the seller did too. It's so nice to see someone put so much time and effort into taking photos, scanning and uploading them to ebay. I took one look at the layout and knew I couldn't pass it up. I've been hunting online for weeks now looking for a book like this, so I was very happy to find it on the bay:)

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
Daisy, that book is fab!!! Please let us know if it is as great as the picture tell us to be (cause that I wanna dig around in the Internet and get it, too;) )

Buttttttt.... you really should start a online-shop for vintage clothes... Please notify me if something with a bust 40 or 39 shows up :D

Esther May

New in Town
mothersday2007031.jpg

This is a dress I bought a few weeks ago and I am very much pleased with it. It's not vintage, but it is a gorgeous taffeta wrap from Diane von Furstenberg which was orginally $480 but got knocked down to $120. ;)

GoldLeaf

A-List Customer
Oh, Pink! That is one of the dresses that I really wanted! But I decided not to buy any clothing for now. :cry: ;) I am very glad that it went to a good home!

Timorous: Wow! Great lot! Way to go!

Esther: Great find! You look very cute!

Daisy: What a great book! Grats!!

My big challenge will be not getting sick of my boring summer wardrobe before it is time to start buying maternity clothes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred