Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Rosie said:
Miss Bella - Beautiful, really, I like your hair this way too, very cool.

Daisy, this is the cutest outfit, I LOVE cherries.

Update on the green dress - while it is quite cute, the material is a bit thin. Not a horrible purchase but be ware, this dress is for dead heat in the summer wearing.

I looked and couldn't find that green dress on the site! I don't know if they carry my size though...I figured they might since I havea 10 inch difference between the bust and waist...but I don't think they want me lol

Thanks so much for the compliments on the set...I just bought a yellow dress and it's going to be my wedding-attendee outfit!

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
99 cents at the thrift store, The bottom has some damage but I can make it into a short jacket. They just don't make brocade in this quality any more.

000_1487.jpg

marquise

Familiar Face
494174587_8b8751e294.jpg

Got this mid 30s dress for amazingly cheap, due to bad photographing by the seller. It's in perfect condition, & the collar is all pleats!
It also has the same pleated fabric tacked on like a streamlined whoosh, or wings, to the sleeves. :)

473799256_847bc1c6a6.jpg

... Cute little late 20s linen dress.

498601235_de9be0cff2.jpg

Also, this deadstock rayon Sears dress (which needs a good iron!), which I'm finding hard to date... asymmetry of the 30s, 3/4 sleeves of the 40s... Still with bakelite buttons & side metal zipper. The tags were dateless, but employed deco fonts. Annoying, as I like to date a dress to the year.

Also, this, which I'll have to finish:

042907%20111.jpg

... And finally, my wedding dress, from 1934:

499721274_9196ed238a.jpg

The collar is all hand-smocked!

Polka Dot

A-List Customer
What lovely finds, ladies.

Marquise - I envy your taste and ability to find such great dresses. I love, love, love your wedding dress. I hope you post some photos here so we can share in your joy. :)

Timorous Me - I hadn't noticed your name before. It's great to see a fellow Ted Leo fan. :)

Bella - I adore your haircut. It's so cute on you! Have you been able to adapt any vintage styles?

Daisy - As always, you find some great stuff. I love cherries, as well I should, considering I come from the cherry capital of the world!

Pink Dahlia - Under $10? Wow! I love the sweater guards and the pin. Will you post of photo of you wearing them?

Rosie

One Too Many
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
I looked and couldn't find that green dress on the site! I don't know if they carry my size though...I figured they might since I havea 10 inch difference between the bust and waist...but I don't think they want me lol

Thanks so much for the compliments on the set...I just bought a yellow dress and it's going to be my wedding-attendee outfit!

The seller's name is curvygirlclothing but you're right, they may not have your size. Her smallest size is a 14. Sorry :(

If it's any consellation, Ashley Stewart (another fat girl store) jad a dress VERY siilar to this one, if I'm not mistaken, Forever 21 and AS tend to have the same types of items. A friend of mine, who is a size 10 and I, size 24 have a few of the same shirts, skirts since we shop at those two stores. Hope that helps.

Miss_Bella_Hell

Thank you PD and Kim! I got my haircut about a three weeks to a month ago and haven't done anything vintage with it. But it still rolls and I can put a fingerwave in there too; I find shorter hair is actually easier to roll!

Rosie - I LOVE Forever 21. I'll keep an eye out.

Miss_Bella_Hell

LolitaHaze said:
I picked up this Jergens face powder today. :) It sucks because it is the perfect shade and still sealed!
jergens.jpg

Lo-haze
:eek: Now you have one of those Creepy avatars! lol

Anyway I was looking through my "True Story" wartime mags last night when I should have been studying and I noticed this powder is advertised in almost all of them! Circa 1945. :)

DimeADanceQueen

Familiar Face
Wedgies!

http://www.gojane.com/19079.html

Please forgive the link, firewall prevents loading of photos into photobucket.
These are simply awesome and for $14.99, how can you go wrong?! :) :)
They are available in black, red, and navy and in a variety of sizes!
I got the red ones! :)

I recommend checking out the whole site! They have some seriously cute shoes, most of which were under $19.99.

DimeADanceQueen

Familiar Face
marquise said:

... And finally, my wedding dress:

[IMG]http://www.deadzoom.com/member/lookingglasscottage/VINTAGE/dresses/SeafoamSmocked/MVC-654F.JPG

So BEAUTIFUL!

We have told you that only thing we love more then your excellent vintage finds is that really wonderful apartment, right? I'm very jealous of your kitchen, at least what I can see of it! lol

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
Daisy Buchanan said:
I just won 2 more auctions. One if for a very cute light turquoise suit. The seller says it's 40's but I think it could be early 50's. But then again, I'm not good with dating things from that particular era. I'm very happy to have a lightweight summer suit. The skirt seems to be full as opposed to straight, which can be much more comfortable on the hot and humid days that are typical of Boston summers. The picture of the floral dress doesn't do it justice. I know, it looks like a potato sack!:D But with a proper cleaning and steaming, the right belt and the right accessories it will hopefully look better.
I can't believe the deals I got on both of these items. I usually don't talk price, but I really thought these would go for a lot more. They didn't have reserves or high starting prices so that helped. I got the suit for $21 and the dress for $34! Yahoo! I know a lot of you gals get a lot of good deals, but I never seem to find them. So, in comparison to some of the other things I've bought, these two were really good deals.
8a36_1.JPG

8d6b_1.JPG

143018.jpg

Daisy, how do you do it? You kind the cutest things? You must have the most amazing closet of glamour dresses!

Daisy Buchanan

Thanks everyone, I am psyched about the cherry print outfit!

Dottie, if I actually put my clothes away in my closets, then I'd have closets full of nice clothes. As for now, they are in piles in my room, my roommate has taken to giving them the names of famous mountains with the tallest peaks:eek: I have two closets in my bedroom, they are stuffed full of stuff I never wear. I could make a nice living selling my stuff on ebay but I've got a bad case of the lazies!! But, Hemingway Jones is moving out soon and I'm gonna try to get by without a roommate for a little while, if the mortgage payments will let me. So, I will be taking over his room, and there's a great closet in there just waiting to be filled with goodies. It will be so nice to finally have a thoroughly clean room, I can't wait!!

Great purchases everyone:)
Dimeadance, thanks so much for the link those shoes are adorable and what a price!! I love wedges. I have a real tough time wearing heels, but wedges are very comfortable. Not like I need another pair of shoes but who can pass them up at $14!! That site has some really cute things, thanks!!

Vanessa Anne

Familiar Face
My latest purchases...

A lovely purple stripe dress that is actually quite a thin material so will need a good weight slip under it...
1951.jpg

And a 50's summer dress with a green print on it. I thought it would be good for work and out and about when the sun shines...if ever.
green50sdress1.jpg

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
Daisy Buchanan said:
Thanks everyone, I am psyched about the cherry print outfit!

Dottie, if I actually put my clothes away in my closets, then I'd have closets full of nice clothes. As for now, they are in piles in my room, my roommate has taken to giving them the names of famous mountains with the tallest peaks:eek: I have two closets in my bedroom, they are stuffed full of stuff I never wear. I could make a nice living selling my stuff on ebay but I've got a bad case of the lazies!! But, Hemingway Jones is moving out soon and I'm gonna try to get by without a roommate for a little while, if the mortgage payments will let me. So, I will be taking over his room, and there's a great closet in there just waiting to be filled with goodies. It will be so nice to finally have a thoroughly clean room, I can't wait!!

QUOTE]

Ah yes, Hemmingway leaving for his new love nest. Good luck on the mortgage payments. Oh, I bet you could set up the other room as a proper dressing/sewing room. How dreamy does that sound!

I have to box up most of my clothes, eventhough my closet is rather big. Sigh!

You have such exquisite taste--and don't sell them on eBay! I think you should keep them because you never know when you are going to need something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou