Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Sunny

One Too Many
Pink Dahlia said:
Just 50 cents out of the $10 Club. :D

tatted_sundress01.JPG

*gasp* I love that! Blue and white is my favorite color combination. Way to go! :eusa_clap

lindawmn

New in Town
Target, I found was hand's down the BEST place to buy maternity. They had all the basic staples for great prices. I went to Liz Lange, Pea in the Pod, etc, but the same darn things there were four times or more the price! Since you'll be getting bigger in the cooler weather, sweaters will be your best friend and you often won't need to buy maternity since there's usually room in them. Also, Victoria's Secret has yoga pants that have plenty of give and look great with a long blouse or sweater over them. I'm a big proponent of if you wear spandex, the shirt should cover your butt. I don't care if someone is in amazing shape, it's just tacky not to lol

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks again ladies:)
I'll definitely let you know if I decide to open a store. I certainly have enough to fill one up:eek:
As always, all of your purchases are great. Welcome to the lounge Esther!

I just won this dress. Not part of the $10 club, but I think it was a good get at $26. I've bought from this seller a few times, and her descriptions are always perfect. I had to make up for the auction I lost, for 5 pairs of very cute 40's shoes that I had been watching for a week:(

160.jpg

LadyStardust

Practically Family
Wow wow wow, I haven't yet had time to catch up with all the fabulous items you all have gotten, but what I've seen so far looks spectacular!:eusa_clap Pretty bright colors, wonderful styles, gosh, it's all amazing!

Here's two dresses I got for a deal:
dsp_01010006_1174188570.jpg

This is actually a tweed dress. I wanted to get it because I've expanded colors and patterns in my wardrobe, and decided it was time to branch out with fabrics too.
fcab_1_b.JPG

This one is a pattern that has blue jays all over. The seller didn't provide a good close up picture, but from what I've seen and read it sounds charming.

Laughing Magpie

One of the Regulars
My word! I go away on vacation for a couple weeks and there's reams of pages of fantastic buys! Yowsa! There was so much I wanted to comment on, but there's just way too much...

So I'll settle for the post right above me from Lady Stardust: Blue Jays!?! Oh that's too cool. As my username implies, I love the magpie/jay/crow/raven family of birds. :)

Jen

Rosie

One Too Many
Wow, Ladies, thanks!

I'm trying to get through all the things I missed. You Ladies sure can shop. :D

I'm not sure who asked but, the yellow peignoir set is vintage Lane Bryant from the mid 50's. I've been DYING for one for so long. They go really quickly and can easily sell up into the hundreds but, I snatched this almost as soon as it was listed so I got it for 50 bucks :eek: :D. I'm super excited.

The green dress I got from Curvy Curl clothing. They sell great vintage repro. Ashely Stewart is selling a very similar dress this season too. I picked up a few 50s-ish and 70s-ish dresses from them.

Lady Stardust, that navy dress is great.

Daisy, that black dress :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap, I have no words. LOVE IT!

I'll have to check this thread at least four times a day. I can't keep up with you girls.

Rosie

One Too Many
Ooo, Dahlia, I have a dress very similar to that. Mine is a LB 30's version.

Daisy, that is a wonderful book. It reminds me of Wife Dressing, which I have been looking for for years. Enjoy!

Miss_Bella_Hell

Daisy Buchanan said:
Very cute Bella!!
By the way, how do you get your eyebrows so perfect???

Ha! That is so funny. I have always had a naturally dark, thick, well defined brow. I just tweeze the stragglers over and under the brow line, and occasionally get them waxed by the pros. In Boston, I recommend G-spa!

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
Gorgeous finds ladies!!!! Pardon me while I pick my jaw up off the floor and resisit the temptation to become a wardrobe thieflol

Welcome Esther, lovely DVF dress!:D

Bella that is the most fantastic set I have ever seen, looks stunning!

Kimberly

Practically Family
Just checking in at all of the purchases and they are all lovely!!

Daisy, I tried on a dress very similar to that at the vintage store in Fitchburg but it didn't fit. It was so pretty and I was sad not to be able to get it. Let us know how it looks!! :eusa_clap

Miss_Bella_Hell

CanadaDoll said:
Gorgeous finds ladies!!!! Pardon me while I pick my jaw up off the floor and resisit the temptation to become a wardrobe thieflol

Welcome Esther, lovely DVF dress!:D

Bella that is the most fantastic set I have ever seen, looks stunning!

Thanks! Now I just have to get the bracelet and/or pin...should take another 2-3 years! lol

timorous me

Familiar Face
Daisy Buchanan said:
Thanks again ladies:)
I'll definitely let you know if I decide to open a store. I certainly have enough to fill one up:eek:
As always, all of your purchases are great. Welcome to the lounge Esther!

I just won this dress. Not part of the $10 club, but I think it was a good get at $26. I've bought from this seller a few times, and her descriptions are always perfect. I had to make up for the auction I lost, for 5 pairs of very cute 40's shoes that I had been watching for a week:(

160.jpg

YOU LUCKY GAL YOU!

I just realized that I forgot to bid on this dress today! But I'm glad it went to a Lounger ;-)

Daisy Buchanan

Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Ha! That is so funny. I have always had a naturally dark, thick, well defined brow. I just tweeze the stragglers over and under the brow line, and occasionally get them waxed by the pros. In Boston, I recommend G-spa!

Thanks for the recommendation. I'm gonna check them out. Actually I have been leaving my brows alone, just plucking a few stragglers and in between the brows. I guess I'm trying to grow them out:eek: I figured if I stop my neurotic plucking and waxing for a little while maybe they'll get thicker. I'm hoping with a thicker brow they'll be easier to shape. I've also been playing around with eyebrow pencil's, which I've never liked, but I think if I could find some way to make it look natural then they will look a little fuller. The people at CVS thought I was nuts when I purchased about 5 different brands and colors of eyebrow pencils. I'm envious of yours!

I just won this playsuit. The seller says it's 50's, but for some reason I think it might be 80's. It's very full shorts and the belt isn't included but I wanted to show a picture with the belt because that's probably how I will wear it. Two cherry print outfits in a week, now I'm officially ready for summer:D

cherryromp.jpg
cherryromp5.jpg

Rosie

One Too Many
Miss Bella - Beautiful, really, I like your hair this way too, very cool.

Daisy, this is the cutest outfit, I LOVE cherries.

Update on the green dress - while it is quite cute, the material is a bit thin. Not a horrible purchase but be ware, this dress is for dead heat in the summer wearing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buick