Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Kitty what a HAUL! Lovely, lovely things! You lucky dog. Kiss your mother for me! :eusa_clap

You ladies that have found the wonderful green shoes lately... what finds.

Klara, great find. I'm going to stop buying so much of the same-o and concentrate on frocks that are more interesting like yours!

Beaucaillou great shoes! They look more 30's to me, how do you tell the difference? I'm glad you have a good cobbler!

Nikki

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Oh congrats Cherry!! I hope everything goes smoothly for you.
Be sure to keep us posted!

I wish I could collect houses like I do everything else, lol!
Nikki

Vanessa Anne

Familiar Face
KittyT said:
Well, they're not MY purchases, but I got a surprise package in the mail the other day from mom. Inside, was a neat, pleated petticoat, not too full, and longer than usual (27") - exactly what I was looking for awhile back. Also included was an old ad for leg makeup (which I forgot to scan so I could post it here) and a black dress with a rayon mix (I think) top, taffeta skirt, and matching belt. The sleeves have taffeta trim with tails to tie into bows. There is no tag and a metal side zipper. As always, she did a good job eyeballing the size. Go Mom!!

petticoat.jpg

blackdress.jpg

Would your mom consider adopting a 30 year old woman (meaning me)? :D

I want your mom!

klara

One of the Regulars
Anabolina, Daisy Buchanan and ohairas, thank you so much for the kind words. Foofoogal, that's so sweet of you to say lol

Kim_B

Practically Family
I got these cute frames from eBay for $20! (vintage inspired, but not too costumey)
3c_1.jpg

And I got these sailor pants from Wal-Mart, in Navy. They are so freaking cute!
0068934270217_215X215.jpg

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
I just received this lot of clip-on earrings yesterday. 19 pair cost me $9.38!!! I even like most of them :) Sorry for the blurry photos

earrings1.jpg

hard to see in this photo, but the black flowers are really cute. The rhinestones are at the end of the stamens.
earrings2.jpg

earrings3.jpg

I was very pleasantly surprised by the brushed gold ones with the rhinestone cluster in the middle. They very closely match the buttons on one of my dresses!
earrings4.jpg

These are the ones I'm not in love with and may get rid of. The ones in front with the orange flowers are exquisite, I just don't ever wear anything with orange in it.
earrings5.jpg

GoldLeaf

A-List Customer
Kitty, those are super! What a great deal!

Here is mine to contribute. I got this necklace for .99. With shipping it was only $5.00!!! Expenditures like that the hubby doesn't mind lol

9c691ib4.jpg

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
GoldLeaf said:
Kitty, those are super! What a great deal!

Here is mine to contribute. I got this necklace for .99. With shipping it was only $5.00!!! Expenditures like that the hubby doesn't mind lol

9c691ib4.jpg

Wow, Goldleaf, that's beautiful. What a deal!

Helen Troy

A-List Customer
First vintage shopping in a long time..... This hooded, glamorous top is on its way to me now. I'm not sure it will fit properly, but hopefully I can alter it. It will go perfect with my vintage high-waisted sailor pants!

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ok I go away for a couple of days and I return to find you ladies getting some really great things!! No, I'm not surprised, just insanely jealous!!

Kim, those frames are great!! You will look adorable in them!

Kitty, I think you're just about full up on earrings!lol Oh wait, a lady can NEVER have enough earrings!! Your's are all lovely:)

Goldleaf that necklace is beautiful, and what a steal! You know, I know right now you're trying to not buy clothes, but it's nice to see that you're still treating yourself:) It's really a very pretty piece.

Nashoba that dress is divine, really beautiful. I love the detailing at the top portion. It's details like that that modern designers just don't seem to be able to do. I'm glad to hear that your Hubby is coming home soon. I wish you a very warm homecoming, and please when things finally settle down for him, let him know that I say "thank you very much!":)

PigeonToe, that dress is incredible!! I think if it were my size (you lucky tiny gal you!!) I wouldn't be able to stop myself from buying it either. I'm sure it will look great on you, and the blue is going to look fantastic with your coloring:eusa_clap

You gals all have such great taste, and you all seem to be able to find the greatest vintage items. I just have to say this, I have not bought anything on ebay in nearly 5 weeks!!! This is definitely a record for me, but I'm trying to save up some money for a vacation, so that is motivating me. Also, I have a bunch of clothes in my closet that are too small for me at the moment, so I figured if I drop some weight and can fit into them again it will kind of be like having a whole new wardrobe:) So, it's kind of pointless for me to buy anything right now, although looking at this thread makes it incredibly hard to resist!!! I guess for now I will just have to be in envy of you all. Not just for finding such great items, but for being able to fit into them!!:(

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
Nashoba: When he sees you in that dress he´ll never want to leave again.

Pigeon Toe: I´m sure you will look stunning in that dress!

Daisy: I know how hard it is to save for vacation, but it will be all worth it when you see incredibly beautifull things once you are there and don´t have to think twice before buying a georgous souvenier. Be strong!

I have the big plan to learn how to make button-holes and so I can´t spoil too much I bought two patterns for dresses with really few buttons.
365146.jpg

365135.jpg

I´ll definately make a two-tone dress with the first pattern, since I allways wanted one, but they allways go for too high prices *sigh*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany