Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

epr25

Practically Family
CourtneyJordan said:
Finally, after what seems like forever, I am back, and with a new purchase to share!
I just one this pretty piece on ebay. I think I got a good deal, and it will add to my collection of 40s dresses nicely.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330133843676

Hope everyone likes it!

That is so weird. I have that exact dress only in a bright orange. I was going to list it on ebay. Unfortunatley I am to blessed in my lower half to wear it.

Sweet Leilani

A-List Customer
RetroModelSari said:
Sweet Leilani: Wow and all of that during one shopping-tour? :eek: I deeply anvy you. The blue playsuit is my favourite among this many, many gergous items! Great finds!!!
Vielen dank! Believe me, I never have that kind of luck. I haven't found anything like that ever... And they're all large sizes- a bit too large for me, but I can take them in. Here's the kicker- I think I paid about $20 for the lot! :D

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
Sweet Leilani said:
I haven't ever been very successful at finding vintage women's clothing in the thrifts. I'm lucky to just find some nice vintage-inspired stuff once in a while. So imagine my surprise when I popped into my local goodwill and came out with these:

Good finds! :eusa_clap That blue play suit looks adorable.;)

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
Sweet Leilani, fabulous finds, I especially like the jewelry collection.

Pink Dahlia, nice to see you back. Japan always has the prettiest scarves.

epr25, That is an exciting purchase, congratulations on your comng wedding.

Foofoogal, very pretty indeed.

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It arrived! I'll wear it with my new hairdo to a birthday party tonight. Love it!!!
Thanks Mary! And thanks for the belt. :)
P5200009-1.jpg

pigeon toe

One Too Many
I just got the cutest 1940's summer "suit". It's a cotton jacket and skirt set and is to die for. I'll post pictures soon, but I just have to gab about it! My roomie and best friend went with me to the store, and when I went out of the dressing room to show her she said I looked like I stepped out of a time machine. She's usually relatively uninterested in vintage, so I took that as a major compliment!

Also, I actually bought it in a vintage shop. It's SO nice to be able to walk into a vintage store and find tons of quality 1950's and earlier pieces to sift through. It makes me never want to use Ebay again!

RedHotRidinHood

Practically Family
SCORE!

I found a ton of vintage patterns yesterday, most in my size, which doesn't happen very often! The woman had been a professional secretary, and had SUPER taste. There are the ones I am keeping for me, to make someday!! I know not all of you do 50s, but I am just so happy about this!

MyPatterns1.JPG

MyPatterns2.JPG

MyPatterns3.JPG

MyPatterns4.JPG

MyPatterns5.JPG

I am going to get married in one of the last two dresses, I think. They don't look that hard to make either. I am listing all the others that I didn't keep tomorrow. They are all 14 and 16, so I think they will do well. But these others are MINE! lol

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Gasp! Red you stinker! :p

That McCall's 5283 green and white job is GORGEOUS! And I also dig the Simplicity I think it's 3140 (the pink with the super collar). You know I got a thing for collars. ;)

I know where I'm going when I learn to alter patterns.

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
I totally love your patterns!!! Good luck they are not my size cause I´d make myself broke for them :D

hotrod_elf: What wonderfull glasses! It reminds me I still have to find the perfect pair for me....:eek:

Lauren: What a nice coat. I don´t think I ever saw one like that. I really love that button.

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
This pattern arrived yesterday. I was thinking of making it up in red like the "Babies of the Blitz" number from "Mrs Henderson Presents"

37c6_1.jpg

Lauren, lovely coat.

RedHotRidinHood, I love patterns and you have some beauties in that lot!!

hotrod_elf, great glasses.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats