Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
TheKitschGoth said:
I won this hat
HARTHAT1.jpg

HARTHAT4.jpg

Fantastic hat--I especially love the jewel on the side.

anabolina

A-List Customer
$ally said:
Thank you girls. I can't decide if I like this color combo or not. Opinions?
1215604599_9c6539c30e_o.jpg

I think that color combination is very vibrant and I really love it, but that could be because I love anything with turquoise, no I think they go good together.

$ally

One Too Many
sorry if I'm hijacking this thread

BegintheBeguine said:
Yes!!!! Copper and turquoise is a classic color combination. Think of copper jewelry with turquoise stones from the 40s.
It happens that way in nature too. I love copper and vintage mint apart, but have mixed feelings about them together. At first glance I love it, then as I stare at it, begin to lose the love. I trust BtheB's opinion, so I'll give it a try tonight. I have a hard time matching copper with anything.
Vintage textile labels call that tourquoise shade mint, but it's different than the mint today. It makes me think of surgical scrubs or swimming pools. Almost aqua, but still very green. I sometimes see it with peach (not pastel but that muted variation) or melon. It stands on its own, so I normally wear it with white instead.
My Mothers carpet is that mint color in her new place. She doesn't like it, so I hope to snatch it up when she replaces it. My whole bedroom is in those odd shades anyway.

$ally

One Too Many
anabolina said:
I think that color combination is very vibrant and I really love it, but that could be because I love anything with turquoise, no I think they go good together.
OK, that seals it. I know you have good taste too. I sometimes see what I refer to as "a nice clash" where colors are fighting each other beautifully.

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ooh! I got all giggly when I read you trust my opinion! My mom gave me a Flamenco dress in a more turquoise color of vintage mint, I see now that your lovely skirt is more vintage mint than turquoise. Well, I am sure you will look smashing in it tonight!
Now to shop in my closet to see what I will wear tonight.

$ally

One Too Many
BegintheBeguine said:
Ooh! I got all giggly when I read you trust my opinion! My mom gave me a Flamenco dress in a more turquoise color of vintage mint, I see now that your lovely skirt is more vintage mint than turquoise. Well, I am sure you will look smashing in it tonight!
Now to shop in my closet to see what I will wear tonight.

I think of turquoise as being a whole range of greenish blues, like the stones. Not sure if the rest of the world agrees with me. ;)
Sorry if I've taken this thread a bit :eek:fftopic:

fernande

Vendor
epr25 said:
I won these last night. I paid $148.50 for them. The only reason I mention the price is that I am suffering from really bad buyers remorse! I love these. They are new old stock in a size 8.5. But I feel so incredibly guilty for spending that much. I'm not really even excited about getting them. Am I crazy?

redpeep3.jpg
[/IMG]

redpeep2.jpg
[/IMG]

redpeep1.jpg
[/IMG]

I was watching those!!!! They are great shoes. Do not feel bad- you could be me- a shoe designer- who buys probably 10 pairs a week for reference/inspiration- I just spent $150.00 on two pairs that are size 5 1/2
(I'm an 8.5) I was trying to explain to my husband about how perfect these booties were and I needed to study the shape of heels, and the construction of the vamps, ect ect" he wasn't really amused.
at least you can wear yours!

::looking at her amex bill and sweating::

in a couple months some girl who's a size 5.5-6 is going to shriek with joy when I unload all these beautiful shoes....

pigeon toe

One Too Many
Lady Day said:
Not vintage, but hey...
Ear Plugs!! :D

prod_whiteagate.jpg
prod_redheartbowltunnel.jpg

prod_mahoganyobsidianplug.jpg
prod_bloodwoodplug.jpg

Yay me!!

LD

Wow, somehow I never noticed your ears were stretched either! It suits you very nicely. Were those expensive? The dark brown ones look like a pair my boyfriend would like.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925