Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Virgin stockings!

I got two boxes of these, three pairs each, deadstock, for about $12 each - happy happy joy joy!
c53f_1.JPG

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wow- these are great purchases ladies! I usually check this thread on my BlackBerry, but really these pictures in miniature don't do your purchases justice. They look much more gorgeous on my computer screen. :)

Congratulations to all!

Vintage Betty

lyburnum

Practically Family
For years I have been an admirer of lo*lita fashions of Japan (I tried myself for a while at the age of 18, but decided to leave it to the Japanese), and in particular I have always lusted over mary magdalene dresses, as I found them a little less frilly and kitschy than most other lo*lita brands http://www.marymagdalene.jp/ I'd wanted a dress like this for a long, long time:

41xw2.jpg

So anyway, to cut a long story short, 5 years later you cannot believe how happy I am to win this on eBay:

29ed_1_sbl-1.jpg
457b_1_sbl.jpg

It has all the frills and detail I love so much about mary magdalene, with the grace of the 1950s and a price tag that won't hurt my pocket quite as much as a magdalene!

Now all I need is to save up £300 to buy this coat:

amaco_01.jpg

lol

P.S. I know it's not lo*lita but the darned thing won't let me type it without it turning into lolita!

I also got this for £6

56161pf3.jpg

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
There's a seller who has a coat a bit like that on ebay now, Lyburnum - much cheaper too. It's a sort of lo.lita/cosplay shop, seller's name is corland90, and it's on the firt page of the "gothic lo.lita" section.

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
I just found the same identical coat that you posted above!

The seller is honestdragonchina, bit more expensive at about £100, but better than £300!

However, on second thoughts...these people are probably just copying the designs from whoever made the one you posted...funny they have the same backgrounds and everything... :/

lyburnum

Practically Family
Yeah my assumption is that they're just copying designs. I think to be safe, I'd probably order something much cheaper from them first, to see what the quality is like.

But that will all have to wait!

Mojito

One Too Many
Go on, Liz - tell us what the Six Secrets are that you need to keep from your bride!

Not liking casseroles might be one. Also a propensity to bury bodies in the cellar.

Great finds!

Smuterella

One Too Many
Its silly, its pink, I had to have it.....oh dear!

pinkdress.jpg

I also got a "how to sew" book from the 40's, I thought it might be as good a place to start as any!

Liz

Mojito said:
Go on, Liz - tell us what the Six Secrets are that you need to keep from your bride!

Not liking casseroles might be one. Also a propensity to bury bodies in the cellar.

Great finds!

Ha, I wish they were that interesting! The six secrets could basically be summed by the last sentence of the article, which was that husbands should not confide in their wives, because the man's confessions (he may not want a house in the suburbs, or he's been in love before) would upset them! Oh, '50s propaganda...actually makes me happy I wasn't around back then!

Great dress Smuterella! I love that color.

Smuterella

One Too Many
Liz said:
(he may not want a house in the suburbs, or he's been in love before) would upset them!

Great dress Smuterella! I love that color.

thanks! and there was me thinking I'd killed the thread!

I actually hate hearing about my (significantly older) partners previous relationships - perhaps the advice is good!

D

Deleted member 3716

my recent ebay purchases.
i'm currently going through a wiggle dress obsession...

dress1.jpg

dress3.jpg

dress2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner