Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Fifties*Freak said:
Here are my latest purchases.... can you tell I like pink?

40s_rose_crepe_0242.jpg

2Fusers2Fvaluedcustomer2Fdesktop2Fupload2F100_30091.jpg

bc01_121.jpg

2a11_11.jpg

As a Pink aficionado I must say :eusa_clap

Mojito

One Too Many
I'm aways a bit wary of commenting on specific items posted here, as there are so many lovely things it's difficult to single out items...but those finds are gorgeous, Miss 1940s, and the pink collection is very pretty as well!

artful dodgette

One of the Regulars
paula said:
hi hannah,

i LOVE these overalls and was thinking of asking a friend in london to pick me up a pair,but here's the thing:
im kinda..."busty" (32F) - do you think there is enough room in that area?
im only 5'4" as well...

they aren't going to fit me at all are they? lol
i can but dream....

wow! yes! keep the overalls!!!

Paula - Im about your height - and im a curvy UK 12 so i tried on her size 14 overalls, however i had problems in the bust area, as they were too large even though on top i am a 36E! so you may need to take them in a bit, hmmm i wonder if i should do that they're so cute!;)

D

Deleted member 3716

i checked and my vivien of holloway dresses are a size 12, i normally take a 10.
i think i'd be wary of buying these overalls without trying them on first...

maybe i'll just have to book myself a flight to london :D

TessTrueheart

Miss 1940's, great finds! You look teriffic!

I picked up 9 pairs of seamed stockings from a vintage shop that is going out of business! I'm extatic! A dollar a pop! (Sorry for the crappy pic)

Bild18.jpg
[/IMG]

The brand is called Harmony and they're made in Italy.

RetroBabydoll

A-List Customer
Miss 1940's said:
l_b32f9910eca8c7f3b7e25e85d8d2d0b4.jpg
this late 1940's cocktail dress was bought at a second hand store for the remarkable price of Just $5.99
then this coat was bought in Orange cailfornia for the amazing price of Just 42.00
l_b0616d0f061e0f9e3765ceef9c345b70.jpg
pretty swell huh kinda reminds me of something Joan Crawford would have worn!
then this little Keeper a real 1940's uso pin
3d9a_1_sbl.JPG
what a find!

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!!!!!! Love the black dress! You're so pretty.

SarahLouise

Practically Family
Sunny said:
Whoa, some lovely things! And yep, sweater sets and knitted dresses were extremely popular in the 1930s, and pretty much stayed popular well into the 1950s. That one does look late 1940s to me, and a very trim and classy style. Good job! And I almost bid on the blue striped dress myself! ;)

Thanks Sunny for the clarification, you learn something new everyday! For some reason I thought knitted sets were only around in the 1950s but that's probably because most sets I've seen have a very typical 50s tailoring to them. I'm loving navy at the moment and this was a complete bargain at the BIN price of £13! I'm surprised I paid so little for that deadstock dress but it'll make a cute casual dress for the summer.

Miss 1940s - beautiful buys! I'm a sucker for Joan Crawford clothes too.

lyburnum

Practically Family
I literally found this in the last 60 seconds of the auction, and somehow managed to win it for $25. Happy much?

yelllowsweater.jpg

NOS waist cincher
corsetvtg3.jpg

a419_1.jpg

I also found this the other day in a charity shop for 50p

IMG_9420.jpg

My guess is 60s looking at it. It's all hand beaded (Hong Kong), the edging is hand stitched, there's no 'content' label, and the zipper inside is metal. I could be wrong, but it's in perfect condition and it looks lovely either way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner