Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Lovely dresses everyone. I too love wiggle dress but have a hard time finding them in my size. There seem to be alot of fans of the color pink here.:)

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Gorgeous!

deadpandiva said:
crepe-dress-flowers-01.jpg

I love this dress. There is some fading on the black part. Is there a way to spot dye a garment.

I have done this:

Take powdered Rit dye and put it in a spray bottle with rubbing alcohol. Take the dress outside and hang it on a tree or whatever,. In this case, as there is a non-black part to the dress, I suggest masking off the floral part with some paper or cloth pinned to it.
Spray the faded part lightly once, let it dry, do it again, so that any spots not covered get hit with the dye. Let it dry.
Take it to the dry cleaners and don't tell them what you did or they will not accept it, the dye doesn't hurt their equipment at all, but they will be paranoid about it.
The dry cleaning process will set the dye (9 times out of 10).
I have had great success with doing this on navy blue and black!

artful dodgette

One of the Regulars
Fleur De Guerre said:
I just found the same identical coat that you posted above!

The seller is honestdragonchina, bit more expensive at about £100, but better than £300!

However, on second thoughts...these people are probably just copying the designs from whoever made the one you posted...funny they have the same backgrounds and everything... :/

Honestdragon are really good! ive had quite a few things from there, when i was a tad obsessed with alice in wonderland!;)

MissHannah

One Too Many
Oooh gorgeous!
I'm a huge fan of wiggle dresses but, as deadpandiva says, it's incredibly hard to get them to fit - they have to fit so perfectly and there are so many different proportions to be taken into consideration! They are always too short in the waist for me and too big around the boobs!

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Ooo, great wiggle dresses and mags and such ladies!!

Deadpan, I can't see your pic!? I wanna see, getting the dreaded X.

Here's my latest buys.. I'm all into the knit dresses. I figured most of my vintage was summer or evening wear. I NEEDED, I repeat, NEEEEEEEDED these.. right!!?
This one is 70's but oh so cute, and I love the color.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130196368838
and
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=300195788449&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=020
and the other berry colored one that I LOVE in the help me with my anniversary wardrobe thread!
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=27443
Nikki

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
You have the best tricks!!:eusa_clap
Nikki
Miss 1929 said:
I have done this:

Take powdered Rit dye and put it in a spray bottle with rubbing alcohol. Take the dress outside and hang it on a tree or whatever,. In this case, as there is a non-black part to the dress, I suggest masking off the floral part with some paper or cloth pinned to it.
Spray the faded part lightly once, let it dry, do it again, so that any spots not covered get hit with the dye. Let it dry.
Take it to the dry cleaners and don't tell them what you did or they will not accept it, the dye doesn't hurt their equipment at all, but they will be paranoid about it.
The dry cleaning process will set the dye (9 times out of 10).
I have had great success with doing this on navy blue and black!

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Fleur De Guerre said:
Another impulse buy on eBay, but when I saw it, I just had to have it!

floralwrap.jpg

It's a house coat really, but I think I am just outrageous enough to wear it out in summer lol lol

It's just far too pretty to be kept indoors, and since when do I care what people think! :D

Well...according to the track and trace, this dress was delivered to me yesterday, at home. While I was at work. No card to say it's at the post office, and the site has an electronic signature that is clearly not mine, though I am convincing myself it looks like it might say my name, and some dihonest person has taken advantage of a stupid driver. Asked all my immediate neighbours and no one has it. I'll be phoning tomorrow, but I'm worried.

:(

:rage:

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
Fleur De Guerre said:
Well...according to the track and trace, this dress was delivered to me yesterday, at home. While I was at work. No card to say it's at the post office, and the site has an electronic signature that is clearly not mine, though I am convincing myself it looks like it might say my name, and some dihonest person has taken advantage of a stupid driver. Asked all my immediate neighbours and no one has it. I'll be phoning tomorrow, but I'm worried.

:(

:rage:

noooo, that's horrid!!! maybe it'll still turn up. something similar happened with a purchase of mine a couple years ago and it turned up the day before i moved to a different state. it's such a beautiful dress so i hope you get it!!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda