Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Miss Brill

One Too Many
Then at the other charity store I found:
015-3.jpg

016-1.jpg

017-3.jpg

018-3.jpg

019-5.jpg

020-5.jpg

021-3.jpg

022-2.jpg

One last Goodwill sweater:
024-3.jpg

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Wow, what great buys everyone! Miss Brill you got the great cheapie haul!

My gwtw "prayer" dress finally came today, I paid for it on the 19th! :eusa_doh:
Anyhoo.. here it is. I want to change out the red buttons for white covered ones, I have some vintage white belt buckles on the way, and I want to trim out the ruffles in lace to look more screne accurate. Overall, I'm pretty pleased!
Nikki
2242993808_1b379431bb.jpg

MissHannah

One Too Many
Lots of fab items there ladies. Love that compact.
My lovely green beaded cardigan arrived but it is, as predicted, too big so it's going back on Ebay along with a few other items (see classifieds if you're interested). This is the cardigan I've now purchased as compensation:

IMG_4067.jpg

It was $26 which seemed like a bargain but then I got a parking ticket this evening and I am slightly regretting the purchase!

I also got this cute make-up bag:
9af3_1.jpg

And these decals for making valentines cards:
ac_1_b.jpg

desi_de_lu_lu

Practically Family
ohairas said:

My gwtw "prayer" dress finally came today, I paid for it on the 19th! :eusa_doh:
Anyhoo.. here it is. I want to change out the red buttons for white covered ones, I have some vintage white belt buckles on the way, and I want to trim out the ruffles in lace to look more screne accurate. Overall, I'm pretty pleased!
Nikki

Fiddle dee dee! I love GWTW, and that dress suits you, suits you like you were born to wear it!

pixie

Familiar Face
leaette said:
just won this on ebay for $10 plus $5 for shipping.
i'm excited to get them. i love the blue one. that's my fav.

haircombs.jpg
oh, I have plenty of hair, if you ever want to sell those 2 matching curved ones with the rhinsestones, I would totally buy them from you.. love love love

Mojito

One Too Many
So many pretty things!

Love the forms, colour and touch of sparkle to the combs...

And I always rather fancied that prayer dress! Not one you seem to see reproduced often. And it so suits you, Ohairas - you have a certain Scarlettish element in your general look that is perfect for the dress.

lyburnum

Practically Family
lyburnum said:
My splurge:

0e93_12.jpg
143f_12.jpg

1904_12.jpg

It was only £30 and buy it now, I couldn't resist :rolleyes:

This dress arrived today and the sizes in the listing were completely wrong, it's more like a 28" waist, not a 25" like it said. Anyway, if anyone here wants to buy it just give me a PM. I spent £30 on it, so I'd be looking to recuperate that cost. I'm so sad, it's even more beautiful in person :( I may think about taking it to a seamstress to have it professionally taken in. So if you want it PM me before I change my mind! haha

Cherry_Bombb

A-List Customer
lyburnum said:
This dress arrived today and the sizes in the listing were completely wrong, it's more like a 28" waist, not a 25" like it said. Anyway, if anyone here wants to buy it just give me a PM. I spent £30 on it, so I'd be looking to recuperate that cost. I'm so sad, it's even more beautiful in person :( I may think about taking it to a seamstress to have it professionally taken in. So if you want it PM me before I change my mind! haha

laburnum- go to a seamstress, really! It'll only cost a few pounds more to have it actually fit you, and we ALL know how much you love that dress. It's not that much of an alteration either. I think you should hang onto it!! IMO ;)

epr25

Practically Family
WOW that's a huge beautiful dress. Where will you wear this?

ohairas said:

Nikki

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lace Collars

goldwyn girl said:
Vintage Betty, wonderful finds, tell me, what do you wear the lace collars with ?

Errrr.....

Snookie said:
My question too, and also, how do you wear them? Do they attach to your blouse or just sit on top? I think I'd have trouble with them getting dislodged, if they weren't attached somehow.

Ummm....

Actually, I buy them to decorate my canning jars when giving them as gifts. :eek: :eusa_doh: :D Ah-hem....I take doilies and collars and tie them around or on top of the jar, usually filled with jam and decorate the jar with a personalized label. (Ducks quickly, waiting for the vintage police to show up).

deadpandiva said:
VB that Christian Lacroix is fabulous. Is it a dress or a coat?

It's a coat.

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
Vintage Betty said:
Errrr.....

Ummm....

Actually, I buy them to decorate my canning jars when giving them as gifts. :eek: :eusa_doh: :D Ah-hem....I take doilies and collars and tie them around or on top of the jar, usually filled with jam and decorate the jar with a personalized label. (Ducks quickly, waiting for the vintage police to show up).
Sounds like a good use for them to me.

Nikki, Wow it's so beautiful on you !!!

Miss Brill, gotta' love 50 cent day

Blondie, what a lovely compact and mirror

Miss Brill

One Too Many
(repost from the other thread)
While shopping for Kitty's pomade tins, I found a few things for myself at the antique store.

Powder Room worthy:

silver brush was $3.50
006-4.jpg

The rest are in the Display Case thread. :)

Twilight

Familiar Face
I went to the antique store again today.
[They're closing at the end of the month. :( ]
Anyway, here's what I bought:

A tapestry purse
DSC_0009.jpg

Two silver plate bowl things...Dunno what to call them.
DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

And a bracelet
DSC_0013.jpg

All for a grand total of $12. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass