Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

i_am_the_scruff

A-List Customer
Sorry for the tiny picture. This arrived for me today:
berys1_thumb.jpg

Sunny

One Too Many
Lady Day said:
m.jpg

Did you get this off eBay? I had it in my watch list!

LD
Sure did! Do you want? I can probably manage to scan it. It's not long, maybe 12-18 pages.

Lulu-in-Ny

A-List Customer
So, I drifted over to Target on my break, and drifted out with these: (Pics are from the net; my camera is being spazzy)
41ZGqgddWL_AA354_.jpg
31nqV0QsKkL_AA262_.jpg

I love buying white/light-colored dresses- makes me feel like Spring has arrived.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Miss Hannah, those buttons are great. I went on a mini spree yesterday. I got a green 1950's day dress with full skirt, A yellow 1960's (?)nightgown with lace roses in orange and yellow, A white day dress with red, pink and green flower. The tag said 32 bust size 12 but it fits like a siz 16 at least. I also got a 1940's tilt hat that needs cleaning and reblocking, a 40's wool jacket in red and black plaid and vintage house slippers. They aren't Daniel Greens but there cute.

Mojito

One Too Many
Had a big spendup at the Sydney Vintage Clothing Fair this weekend - bought three dresses and one opera cape. A friend has photographed them for me, so I'm just waiting for her to send them on (my camera battery was dead). I've photographed this one just on a hanger - it's a 1920s dress with a Gypsy Girdle...a style I've been looking for to add to the collection. I love the Egyptian revival style clasp - although it's a circle, the whole shape is evocative of the winged scarab:

DSC00459.jpg

Gypsygirdle2.jpg

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Oh my goodness Mojito, that is one amazing dress, and that burnt orange color is to die for, amazing on women with dark hair!

Would you disclose what you paid for it? I'm curious about what 20's dresses go for. And what's a gypsy girdle?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot