Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

MissS

A-List Customer
Mojito said:
It's worth a day trip, Last Chael! There are two series of fairs running - one is managed by Fiona and Keith of "Seams Old" in Melbourne. This is 'The Way We Wear' - It was getting a bit slow before they moved to a new venue in Hunters Hill - the last one was great.

Oh, yay - thank you for the dates. It's in the diary. I also missed the last The Way We Wear because I was away for my nephew's christening. Sigh.

My puppy is slowing recovering thank you, Mojito. Would love to catch up at the next vintage fair. Last_Chael, you should come down for it!

Last_Chael

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the dates Mojito! I've loved vintage for the longest timenow, but it's only since I've moved to sydney that I've really decided to go the whole way and try to do vintage everyday! I do prefer to make my own stuff, but if I can pick up some bits and pieces it would sure make it easier!

MissS I will definitely try my hardest to! I'm pretty sure I could drag a few of my fellow ACGers to the fair as well :D Though I don't have a car and my boy works all weekend so I hope they're close to public transport!

Snookie

Practically Family
I just won this tie and hankie set for my husband! It was sitting at $.99 until the last minute, and someone tried to snipe it, but they didn't go high enough. I still think it's a steal at $7.49! His friends are going to be insanely jealous. :D

2417239555_9674d55c03_o.jpg

ShrinkingViolet

A-List Customer
Laura Chase said:
ShrinkingViolet, that fabric is so cute, it will suit your table very well!
Thank you! I'll make sure to post a pic of the vanity table when I'm done with the upholstering.
Miss N., great pattern! What is the proper name for this kind of garment, a skort? Or gauchos?

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
ShrinkingViolet said:
Thank you! I'll make sure to post a pic of the vanity table when I'm done with the upholstering.
Miss N., great pattern! What is the proper name for this kind of garment, a skort? Or gauchos?

i *think* it was commonly referred to as a "split skirt". when i was a kid we called them culottes, but that was in the eighties ;)

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
Miss Neecerie said:
This was tonight's win. I am now on 'pattern restriction' for a long while...as it wasnt cheap...

dsc_4288.jpg

I have this pattern! :) I keep holding on to it in hopes of getting around to making a western split skirt. I want to make it in black gabardine with white fringe around the bottom and chain-stitched horseshoes on the pockets. It's on my long list of projects that I never seem to get aaround to. lol

Mojito

One Too Many
One of the new dresses...I'm thinking about wearing this to a meeting of a vintage clothing club I belong to this weekend, as long as it's not still pouring rain in Sydney!

Rasberry4.jpg

Sunny

One Too Many
ShrinkingViolet said:
Culottes, like ShooShoo said. Source, "Adventures of Sam Spade," radio episode from the late 1940s. :D

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
I'm so excited! I just won this amazing 1940s Coro parure for much less than I anticipated it would go for! I just love the variety of shapes between the 3 pieces.

123208522_tp.jpg

Last_Chael

One of the Regulars
Mojito said:
One of the new dresses...I'm thinking about wearing this to a meeting of a vintage clothing club I belong to this weekend, as long as it's not still pouring rain in Sydney!

Rasberry4.jpg

Wow! That looks amazing!

Oooh do you mind if I add you on LJ? I'm last_chael on there as well :D

Mojito

One Too Many
Thank you for the comments on the dress - it's toward the vino end of the colour spectrum, so very me! Last Chael, the Frock Club was started as a concept of people associated with a particular museum, meeting for a set number of events. However, from the start we've talked about making memberships transferable, so I'll see if we can offer a membership. The 50s event is due in a couple of months, and I'd love to see you there! Meetings usually centre on an appropriate venue. Are you planning on going to the Fifties Fair that's coming up at the Rose Seidler house? Comments above go for other local girls as well - we New South Welshwomen have to stick together.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany