Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mary said:
Wow! It must be very rare. I mean, how many women went to universities then. Is it for some sport or for everday wear? A fantastic find!

Thanks for your thoughts Miss Mary. I think it's very rare too, as the earliest I've found for women has been the 1950's Letterman jackets.

The woman who passed away (Ann) was amazingly forward for her time period. Apparently, she got this jacket for her place on the 1937 Woman's Basketball Team! How cool is that!?

I told the family that this would only be given away "from my cold dead hands". They got a kick out of that statement.

Smuterella

One Too Many
lookie, look, look. these just arrived and they fit. I'm in love

c7a8_1.JPG

Vintage Betty

Smuterella said:

c7a8_1.JPG

Wow - those are stunning. Action pics needed!

Thanks for all the compliments ladies! I'm thrilled beyond words and I want to wear it soooo bad!

Vintage Betty

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
Vintage Betty said:
Anyone know about repairing or restoring the leather and knitted parts? I'm not quite sure what to do.

varsity5.JPG
varsity7.JPG

varsity6.JPG

It may sound odd, but if you have one in the area, I'd consider going to a furrier (one that does care as well as sales). Some fur jackets (particularly rabbit "chubbies") had knit cuffs like that, and i would also guess that they would know the "go-to" leather craftsman in the area if they couldn't handle it themselves.
If I had to bet, if you want to be able to wear it, the knit and leather would probably have to be replaced. But that is just a guess....

Great jacket though!!

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Darhling said:
I ordered this to be custom made for me, but I think I am going to get it in black with white accents (without the bows around the arms)

mmah5.jpg

I got this suit today, well It came friday at the postoffice, so it was so quick.. I had the jacket made a lot shorter than on the pic, I am not very tall, so it would look wierd with a longer jacket. I find it to be very well made, the lining is stretch just as the fabric, so it follows movements so well. I love it!! So cheap for about $100!!

Maybe I will wear it to work tomorrow and I will post pics as promised.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Smuterella said:

c7a8_1.JPG

OMG! Those are fabulous! I have been bidding and losing on lucite heels for the last 6 months. I have become obsessed with them!

sixsexsix

Practically Family
Darhling said:
I got this suit today, well It came friday at the postoffice, so it was so quick.. I had the jacket made a lot shorter than on the pic, I am not very tall, so it would look wierd with a longer jacket. I find it to be very well made, the lining is stretch just as the fabric, so it follows movements so well. I love it!! So cheap for about $100!!

Can't wait to see it, I have been checking it out on her page for awhile but don't usually buy thing without seeing her version first

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
Smuterella said:

c7a8_1.JPG

Oh, oh, oh, ooooooh! luuuuuccciiiiiiiiiiiittte I love that stuff so very, very much.! I am so mightily jealous of you now Smuterella :) I've actually gone into a weird kind of longing-trance just looking at the picture, what is it about vintage plastic that gets to me?

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
Darhling said:

Please do post your pics Darhling I'm quite worn out with longing for something from there myself.......

Miss 1929

Pink Dahlia said:
I got this:
l_c0e21d79458f8426b1c4b8ec14c4b6b5.jpg

I'm gonna have the best house ever. Of course, I might be a bit biased. ;)
I want one of these Moonbeam clocks so badly, but they make a noise while running. A very quiet noise, but they do. I married Senor Sensitive, so no clocks in the house can tick or grind or anything. I am envious!

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Miss 1929 said:
I want one of these Moonbeam clocks so badly, but they make a noise while running. A very quiet noise, but they do. I married Senor Sensitive, so no clocks in the house can tick or grind or anything. I am envious!

Boo! :(

Sunny

One Too Many
I got mine! Both a green Moon Beam, and a 1939 reissue for work. (No, I didn't need an alarm clock for work, but I love how it looks!)

43008-300.jpg

47601new300.jpg

I used the Moon Beam this morning and it's great. I hate loud alarms and I've been using a CD to wake me up: The Shire theme from Fellowship of the Ring, nearly inaudible volume. But the buttons for setting the alarm time are about to give up the ghost. The flashing light of the Moon Beam is really quite bright, and took about 30 seconds to wake me up. Excellent!

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
AllaboutEve said:
Please do post your pics Darhling I'm quite worn out with longing for something from there myself.......

I'll put it on and take pics now so you can see, I can definitly recommend her!

sixsexsix said:
Can't wait to see it, I have been checking it out on her page for awhile but don't usually buy thing without seeing her version first

Well you can pretty much get as you want, I wanted my jacket very short and got it like that, but you can get it altered as much or as little as you want.

AND she marked down the package so I didn't get charged in customs :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany