Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
Daisy-Your entire ensemble with the hat,actually makes me think of the movie the "Titanic".Stunning!
Kate Winslet got to wear some gorgeous ensembles.

Decodoll-That's going to be beautiful on you.
I remember you posting a dress once before with a sweetheart neckline and it was a very flattering shape on you.

I've been shopping too much!

LOVE that pattern Decodoll.
Here are my two recent purchases.
This dress:
54_1_b.JPG

And these shoes, which I still can't get over!!
http://www.rubylane.com/shops/loveme2times/item/00345

texasgirl

One Too Many
Blue satin dress

I just won this dress, my first vintage clothing piece. I usually buy vintage hats and shoes, and wear more vintage-inspired clothing. But I just loved this dress!

bluesat1.jpg

maisie

Practically Family
This is one of my lastest purcahses:

66_12.jpg
3b_11.jpg

I love it! I have been looking for a sailor dress for ages and this is just perfect! It is a Betty Barclay dress to and i found this out about her clothing:

In the United States of America the former 'teenager collection' BETTY BARCLAY already existed in the 1940ies. Every year a Miss BETTY BARCLAY was elected, who travelled all around the United States and presented during fashion shows the newest BETTY BARCLAY styles to young girls. In the world-famous 'Garment-Center' in New York a team of young stylists worked on this collection, which again and again enchanted young American girls.

Naama

Practically Family
Maisie, I envy you for this great dress! Even though it's not my era, I just love it, it's so cute! I'm sure it'll look good on you!

Naama

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Masie, that is a great dress!! I like how you were able to find designer information too. It's always nice to know the history behind the outfit.

TexasGirl, that is a very pretty gown. Congrats on your first vintage dress purchase.

maisie

Practically Family
Thanks! I know its really nice when a piece of clothing has some history! And all i had to do was tye the name in to Google!
I have been looking for a sailor dress for ages, but they seem to go for stupid prices, and i thought this one was so cute as well!:D

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
Maisie the sailordress is georgous!!! How much did you pay for it?

Just a few minutes ago I won this beauty for 1 €, that¬¥s just a 1,23 $ or something.

15_1.JPG

I had an eye on it since the day it was put in but I didn´t even dare to observe it cause I thought it would go up to an extreme price. Now 1 hour before the auction ended I realised no onw bid for it yet. I was bidding but thought I´d be outbid in the end for sure. And now I have this little beauty!!!! It´s a bit big in the waist but that can be fixed :)

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Sari and Kat WOW those are great finds. They are all sooo pretty. I haven't had luck lately finding anything on ebay. Although I did find 2 handbags and a cute pair of shoes last weekend at a shop. I'm just looking for that perfect dress, with my new saying "Queen Maryeable" which means worthy of the Queen Mary event. Haven't found it yet, but any of these dresses you ladies have found would definitely be great for it.
RedShoes, that is a cool western shirt.
DancingSweetie: I've been looking for a red train case to match my red luggage! Lucky Gal!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred