Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
I love big statement pieces (just like my sparkly spider brooch) so I was thrilled when I found this big brooch today, very Chanel-esque, since it resembles their Camelia icon qite well. It is 2" in diameter and so adorable. It is clear and smoked crystals, so it doesnt appear TO over the top. I think this would look amazing on the collar of my burgyndy coat or and some amazing ivory dress - slimfit, boatneach and little capsleeves! (I just need to find that dress!)

DSC_0040.jpg

DSC_0038-1.jpg

DSC_0039.jpg

64tonya

One of the Regulars
Darhling said:
I love big statement pieces (just like my sparkly spider brooch) so I was thrilled when I found this big brooch today, very Chanel-esque, since it resembles their Camelia icon qite well. It is 2" in diameter and so adorable. It is clear and smoked crystals, so it doesnt appear TO over the top. I think this would look amazing on the collar of my burgyndy coat or and some amazing ivory dress - slimfit, boatneach and little capsleeves! (I just need to find that dress!)

DSC_0040.jpg

DSC_0038-1.jpg

DSC_0039.jpg
It's beautiful! I love the unique design.

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
64Tonya that is one darling skirt!

Dahrling, nice brooch! I find my clear rhinestones look best against black velvet and your brooch should look lovely against black velvet too. :)

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
I just won this on Ebay! I'm amazed - I thought the price was going to skyrocket and put in a bid that I was sure wouldn't win! I'm pretty sure I'm not really well endowed enough to hold up a strapless dress, so i think I'll add removable straps of grosgrain ribbon. I'll probably also try to make a proper covered belt in grosgrain as well.

7460_1.JPG

769b_1.JPG

Miss_Bella_Hell

Laurea Chase -- gorgeous!! Extra expensive?

KittyT said:
I just won this on Ebay! I'm amazed - I thought the price was going to skyrocket and put in a bid that I was sure wouldn't win! I'm pretty sure I'm not really well endowed enough to hold up a strapless dress, so i think I'll add removable straps of grosgrain ribbon. I'll probably also try to make a proper covered belt in grosgrain as well.

7460_1.JPG

769b_1.JPG

OMG you won! The petal bust might help create an illusion of a larger bust, so you might be ok. Or get some padding! I'm sure strapless will look great on you.

Laura Chase

One Too Many
KittyT, what a polka dream! Are you worried that the dress might slide down, or just that it might not look strapless? My breasts are small and I think strapless looks good anyway, but it has to be tight over the chest if I want to be sure that I don't end up topless, in stead of just strapless. :p

Miss_Bella_Hell, thanks, they were a gift. I'm so happy with them. They are expensive, but also worth it because they are such good quality and so comfortable. :)

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
OMG you won! The petal bust might help create an illusion of a larger bust, so you might be ok. Or get some padding! I'm sure strapless will look great on you.

Miss Bella Hell's personal shopping service to the rescue, AGAIN! Seriously ladies, I can't tell you how much stuff I have that she's bought for me or pointed me to on Ebay!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Laura Chase said:
KittyT, what a polka dream! Are you worried that the dress might slide down, or just that it might not look strapless? My breasts are small and I think strapless looks good anyway, but it has to be tight over the chest if I want to be sure that I don't end up topless, in stead of just strapless. :p

Just that it won't stay up properly, and there's nothing classier than having to keep hitching your dress up :eek: In any case, MBH's probably right - a proper padded strapless bra will probably work fine.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
KittyT said:
Miss Bella Hell's personal shopping service to the rescue, AGAIN! Seriously ladies, I can't tell you how much stuff I have that she's bought for me or pointed me to on Ebay!

I agree about the idea of a team of spotters for ebay.

Lauren, Vanessa, Miss Queenie and myself have an ebay cartel of sorts. We are all different sized, so there is no competition, but we all see and point out things that would fit the others and suit them.

Makes ebaying so much easier, and you know that even if you miss seeing something, chances are, one of them sends you the link anyhow.

Miss_Bella_Hell

Miss Neecerie said:
I agree about the idea of a team of spotters for ebay.

Lauren, Vanessa, Miss Queenie and myself have an ebay cartel of sorts. We are all different sized, so there is no competition, but we all see and point out things that would fit the others and suit them.

Makes ebaying so much easier, and you know that even if you miss seeing something, chances are, one of them sends you the link anyhow.

Yeah, it's perfect, since Kitty is much smaller than me. When I see something that's too darned small I usually tell her if it's on ebay or just buy it if it's a thrift store. Or send a pic msg!

Miss Sis

One Too Many
I do the same amongst my friends - all lovers of vintage, all different sizes.

I have just bought a whole lot of stuff off one friend who is always buying things in the hope that they will fit her. She is an Ebay Queen. Quite often I get it! Hee hee! Lucky me. :)

The only thing we have to wrangle over are shoes as we are the same size, but my feet are slimmer, so sometimes I get the shoes too.

It is great to have friends keeping an eye out for things you might miss.

64tonya

One of the Regulars
KittyT said:

7460_1.JPG

769b_1.JPG
Wow! How the heck did I miss that? I thought I was the ebay queen...
Congrats Kitty T, you'll have to show some pics when you get it :) :)

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Vintage Betty said:
Dahrling, nice brooch! I find my clear rhinestones look best against black velvet and your brooch should look lovely against black velvet too. :)

Agreed! They also look fantastic against most rich jewel tones - forest green, deep purple, bright red or burgundy...

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
64tonya said:
Wow! How the heck did I miss that? I thought I was the ebay queen...
Congrats Kitty T, you'll have to show some pics when you get it :) :)

I will! There were only 2 bids on this baby, so it stayed very close to its starting price. Exciting! I'm just sad I'll have to wait like 6 or 7 months before it gets warm enough here to wear it :(

Vintage Betty

Wow - you ladies are lucky. I never had any friends to share shopping with. Anyone looking for a shopping partner? :rolleyes:

And these...these are beyond stunning. Wow.

2969427604_ae40876be9.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltqt