Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

64tonya

One of the Regulars
Shopping Buddies

Vintage Betty said:
Wow - you ladies are lucky. I never had any friends to share shopping with. Anyone looking for a shopping partner? :rolleyes:

And these...these are beyond stunning. Wow.

2969427604_ae40876be9.jpg

I had to get a couple of friends hooked so I'd have someone to shop with, I feel like a vampire muahaha! I'm in S.D. if you ever want to shop, I'm your girl!

Odalisque

A-List Customer
So I haven't got any pictures...

but I'm so excited, i wanted to share my haul with you ladies! Today, I picked up a lovely 1950's rubber OB girdle today and.......7 pairs of vintage seamed stockings in their original boxes! I was so thrilled to find that the vintage store I usually shop at carried vintage stockings. At $15 a pop, I decided to pick up two pairs in their boxes and when I got them home was surprised to find 3 pairs in one box and 4 in the other. Is this usual? Well, if it is or not, $30 for 7 pairs is my kind of deal!

Odalisque

A-List Customer
SassyLindaB said:
ok what is the secret to finding such divine goodies on ebay ladies?
What is the search words you use because I type in "vintage wear" and get 80s clothing :(

There should be a vintage category under Clothing Shoes and accessories. They you can choose Woman's vintage clothing and from there, you should have an option to choose what time period 40's 50's ect.

So, don't bother with the search bar until your in the era category you want.
Sorry if that's confusing.

I'll pm you with the link to Ebay Australians 40-60's vintage listings.

Odalisque

A-List Customer
64tonya said:
I had to get a couple of friends hooked so I'd have someone to shop with, I feel like a vampire muahaha! I'm in S.D. if you ever want to shop, I'm your girl!

We need to gather up the San Diego ladies and raid local vintage shops! lol

Mojito

One Too Many
KittyT, love that bodice treatment!

Laura, the new Chie Mihara Oxfords are just...wow. There are some gorgeous versions of the Oxford around these days, but those are the most remarkable!

64tonya

One of the Regulars
Odalisque said:
We need to gather up the San Diego ladies and raid local vintage shops! lol
I'm in! :eusa_clap I was at Flashbacks yesterday (I stop in about once a month to check out the new stuff) and the gal told me to come back after Halloween because they were hiding the good stuff from the costume seekers! lol lol lol Bless their hearts! I've had some wonderful finds there and I think their prices are quite reasonable though you may have to wash or do minor repairs yourself.

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
I bought as few things yesterday:

138e_1.JPG

50s jet earrings and necklace

Three postcards of slightly obscure but beautiful 40s actresses:
e9795.jpg

e7911.jpg

e8937.jpg

(a glamorous Brit!)

I'm going to get one of those triple frame jobbies for them, but not sure where I'll put it.

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I was going to buy a Rago panty girdle and sew garters onto it for longer stockings, but then I came across this on ebay for a better price than mocking up my own would have cost. Yay! Although now that I look at it it looks like the seller might have hitched up the legs. Annoying. We shall see!

bkpag.jpg

Sunny

One Too Many
I've been busy again!

Brown suede oxfords from etsy. I've been looking for good brown shoes for two years! Lauren found these for me after I was outbid at $130+ on ebay. They fit wonderfully!
il_fullxfull41365572.jpg

Green wool and fur stole, 1930s I'm guessing. This is in fabulous condition. There's a finished hole in the middle where it passes around the neck where it could be buttoned to the coat.
182781909_o.jpg
182781991_o.jpg

At last, a knit set with long sleeves! I don't get the fascination with 3/4 sleeves - give me long sleeves any day. Great color, too.
183907171_o.jpg

Dark blue or navy knit set. Most sets are pretty generous in their sizing, but this one seems to be a bit smaller. Good thing - I hate it when the skirts sag and gap away from the tops.
b68e_12.jpg

Wool plaid kilted skirt, dating somewhere from mid-century. I think I'm falling for kilts...
121976805_o.jpg

Late 1940s suit, green gabardine with scallops and rhinestone buttons. This one had a couple of moth bites the seller missed (it's quite a dark green), so she refunded half my price! I think I can fill them in with thread so they're scarcely noticeable.
greensuitfront.jpg

Fantastic c. 1940 coat. The color's actually a pretty golden brown, like camel but... not, with soutache embroidery all over the sleeves. The lining's rather torn up, there's a stain by a top button, and some of the buttonholes need redone, but I love it! It's got the more gorgeous shape to it, semi-fitted without being snug, roomy without being full. I tried it on over my jeans straight out of the box. Another find from Lauren! :eusa_clap
soutachefront.jpg
soutachback.jpg

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
I bought this beautiful 1930's peach satin gown with matching bolero the other week at Babylon Mall for a black tie event I'm going to in a few weeks time - it's a perfect fit and in great condition - it just needed to be dry cleaned:

peachsatin_005.jpg

peachsatin_003.jpg

I love it!

Miss Sis

One Too Many
So Sunny it was YOU who beat me to the rust coloured knit dress! It might have been a stiffer fight if I'd had any more cash to play with! LOL. Back to the search for knit suits and dresses then!

And I agree with you about 3/4 sleeves. They seem a bit pointless to me. Sleeves are there to keep your arms warm, surely? And they make my arms look ridiculously long.

Your brown shoes are very similar to a pair I have (two tones of brown leather) that I paid an arm and a leg for in a London vintage clothes shop. I bought them years ago but they are the BEST shoes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL