Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Mojito

One Too Many
So many great purchases...

Fleur, were those postcards sold as a set, or did you find them individually? The similar look is going to look marvelous in a triple frame (inspires me to find three dutch doll bobbed postcards from the 20s and team them up!).

Miss Bella Hell, is the ribbon flower detail one that the Ragos of that model come with? Love it! Lauren, I can so see those shoes down here for summer. Lady Day, the graphic design and font alone on the cover makes that book delectable...let alone the practical application!

Sunny, looks like you kitted yourself out for winter in a single swoop! Love them all, patricularly the knitwear.

Miss Golightly, I'd love to see photos of you in that dress. Gorgeous!

Vegan_Kitty, that looks like the perfect black dress!

Sunny

One Too Many
Miss Sis said:
So Sunny it was YOU who beat me to the rust coloured knit dress! It might have been a stiffer fight if I'd had any more cash to play with! LOL. Back to the search for knit suits and dresses then!

And I agree with you about 3/4 sleeves. They seem a bit pointless to me. Sleeves are there to keep your arms warm, surely? And they make my arms look ridiculously long.

Your brown shoes are very similar to a pair I have (two tones of brown leather) that I paid an arm and a leg for in a London vintage clothes shop. I bought them years ago but they are the BEST shoes.

Oh, no! Miss Sis, I had no idea! I think we have very similar tastes and sizes, unfortunately! I'd just gone down in several other hard-fought fights, so maybe I was a little too determined. :eek: These shoes were a REAL find; they were only $65, and I'd been outbid for over twice that for another pair.

I'm cold-natured, and what gets coldest is my arms. Covering my arms goes a long way towards keeping me warm - that's why I can stand only stockings on my legs in the winter, but have to have multiple layers up top! 3/4 sleeves are not only impractical, but a cruel mockery. :D

texasgirl

One Too Many
:eek:fftopic: But see, there are a few of your fellow loungers that have short arms. Those of us that do, love 3/4, because they hit in just the right place, and we don't have to fold up 3 inches of material or pay for an alteration. So you long-limbed lovelys just step away, we will take the shorter sleeved ones with love :)

back to our purchases...I got this dress to go with my vintage hat. It's not vintage, but it's 20ish and will flatter me much more than the loose fitting sack dresses.

167059407_o.jpg
leluxe6215.jpg

StaceFace

One of the Regulars
Miss Golightly said:
I bought this beautiful 1930's peach satin gown with matching bolero the other week at Babylon Mall for a black tie event I'm going to in a few weeks time - it's a perfect fit and in great condition - it just needed to be dry cleaned:

peachsatin_005.jpg

peachsatin_003.jpg

I love it!

Oh my goodness, that's beautiful! Was it a pretty reasonable price?

PS

A-List Customer
Wow every one is finding such great things!

Vegan_Kitty, that dress is darling!

Quick question: I bought a dress that looks 40's to my poor eye. I will have to post it over in the "help me date this item" thread. But it needs to be tailored, seriously. How do I do that without compromising the time period of the dress. It hits me mid calf which adds more width to my thick legs and the top portion just bags about my torso. But the waist and hips are yummy. What to do? Of the things I've had tailored it usually just taking the sides .

Miss Sis

One Too Many
Sunny, I too suspect we are very similar in sizes, colouring, era and taste from what I have seen of your purchases. What can I say? We must be two peas in a pod. :)

And Texasgirl, I promise to leave all the 3/4 sleeves to you guys! They make me look like I have monkey arms! Like Sunny, if my arms are cold, I'm cold. LONG SLEEVES all the way for Winter.

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
StaceFace said:
Oh my goodness, that's beautiful! Was it a pretty reasonable price?

It was only $80.00 plus shipping which was $12 - very, very reasonable! I can't wait to wear it!

Mojito - if I can get a snap of me in it I will of course post it! ;)

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Mojito said:
Fleur, were those postcards sold as a set, or did you find them individually? The similar look is going to look marvelous in a triple frame (inspires me to find three dutch doll bobbed postcards from the 20s and team them up!).

They were all from the same seller, but sold individually from thousands of others. He may have some that you might like, the name is woody-iow. :D

ShrinkingViolet

A-List Customer
Sunny said:
I've been busy again! Brown suede oxfords from etsy. I've been looking for good brown shoes for two years! Lauren found these for me after I was outbid at $130+ on ebay. They fit wonderfully!
il_fullxfull41365572.jpg

Yay, I was so hoping that someone here would pick up those shoes! I wasn't entirely sure they were "speaking" to me, so I'd rather leave them for someone else. :) A total bargain, and in a larger size, too. Congratulations!

Laura Chase, those mock croc Chie Miharas are so you! Very elegant. I've never understood the fascination with stiletto heels, in my opinion it's all about oxfords. A lady can never have too many oxfords. :)

Sunny

One Too Many
Miss Sis said:
Sunny, I too suspect we are very similar in sizes, colouring, era and taste from what I have seen of your purchases. What can I say? We must be two peas in a pod. :)

And Texasgirl, I promise to leave all the 3/4 sleeves to you guys! They make me look like I have monkey arms! Like Sunny, if my arms are cold, I'm cold. LONG SLEEVES all the way for Winter.
Ditto all that! lol Texasgirl, you are so welcome to the 3/4 sleeves! Just don't you DARE get in the way of the long sleeves!!!

Sunny

One Too Many
ShrinkingViolet said:
Yay, I was so hoping that someone here would pick up those shoes! I wasn't entirely sure they were "speaking" to me, so I'd rather leave them for someone else. :) A total bargain, and in a larger size, too. Congratulations!
Heh, awesome! This is the second day I've worn them and I'm in love. They're not even narrow at all - I've put some innersoles in! Such a bargain. :)

Mojito

One Too Many
Thanks Fleur - I'll look the seller up.

Texasgirl, that combination of colour and the two luxurious textiles is just going to be the height of sumptuous elegance. Gorgeous!

StaceFace

One of the Regulars
I just snagged these off of Etsy:

il430xn42639341qv8.jpg

I'll probably replace the laces with a wider, ribbon-type lace.

Next on my list: some wedges like sixsexsix has in the above post!

Lorena B

Practically Family
Sixsexsix, what a load of wonderful things you got!!!, i love the sandals and the brooches!
Starface, them shoes are really cute!!!

sixsexsix

Practically Family
Yup, they are a-line, I paid $5 each at a movie wardrobe sale. The gloves are covered in little gold beads, I paid $30 for them at a vintage shop

sixsexsix

Practically Family
Lorena B said:
Sixsexsix, what a load of wonderful things you got!!!, i love the sandals and the brooches!
Starface, them shoes are really cute!!!

thanks Lorena, the broaches are actually a sweater clip ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL