Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
594e_1.JPG

I bought 3 Pyrex baking sheets at a thrift store a few years ago, and lamented that I didnt have a set of 4.

Imagine my shock after looking for years on various sites to see these and super cheap!

So now I have 5 and Im so happy!
Squeee!!

LD

Josephine

One Too Many
Lady Day said:
Imagine my shock after looking for years on various sites to see these and super cheap!

So now I have 5 and Im so happy!
Squeee!!

LD

Neat! My mother gave me my great grandmother's button box, I saw a few buttons that reminded me of you. If I can get my act together I'll see if I can take a picture of the more interesting ones. ::)

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Vintage Verve said:
earringslong021208.jpg

I got two pairs of these cute vintage earrings - one in red (as pictured) and the other in white.

Up close they look like they are made of coral, but I think they are some kind of ceramic. I love them!

Lovely earrings! They are probably carved celluloid.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
new purchases:

confetti lucite compact
DSCF0980.jpg

bakelite bracelet, on sale for $11!
DSCF0971.jpg

vintage Warner brooch, though I have no idea when it would date from. Purchased as a gift for my mom
DSCF0970.jpg

vintage roulette wheel cigarette dispenser, probably 50s. Same shape and dispenser style as one Don Draper has in Mad Men. The inside stem and tray have rust, though, and I'm not sure how to take the thing apart to clean it. Purchased as a gift for my boyfriend.

594c_1.JPG

7012_1.JPG

2 adorable vintage lighters I found. They are tiny! The lipstick-esque one is a little less than 2" tall, the rhinestone one is a little under 2" long and 1.5" tall.

DSCF0972.jpg

DSCF0973.jpg

Grant Fan

Practically Family
my favorite skirt, it's from express but looks totally vintage, and there are very small pleats in it that are kind of hard to see
IMG_1028-1.jpg

This robe I was told was from a woman's boyfriend that he sent to her after WW2
front
IMG_1022-1.jpg

front panel
IMG_1021-3.jpg

back
IMG_1024-1.jpg

And a vintage dress(i think 1950's)
IMG_1020-1.jpg

Grant Fan

Practically Family
KittyT said:
cute! what's it made of?

Cute dress! I would actually say early 60s.

The skirt is wool, it's heavy but it still moves nicely like a skirt should

And thanks I was just guessing on the dress I really had no clue

Cleery

New in Town
I just bought this girdle on ebay last night. I'm excited about it. I'm a plus size woman and I'm delighted that they had something in my size. Plus, I think that the eyelet is really cute. This is my first time sharing a photo, so please excuse any mistakes!

th_girdle.jpg

cleery

texasgirl

One Too Many
Oh pretty! From my friend Ken at Vintage Martini! It's beautiful. BTW girls, he restocked and there are a lot of new dresses, especially in the 50s :)

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
texasgirl said:
Oh pretty! From my friend Ken at Vintage Martini! It's beautiful. BTW girls, he restocked and there are a lot of new dresses, especially in the 50s :)

Thanks so much! :) I can't wait to get my mitts on it!

You're right - Ken has some really,really beautiful dresses *sigh*;)

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
I was looking through knitting patterns and it seems most of mine are actually crochet or too advanced for me! So I picked these really cheap for buy-it-now.
6112_1.JPG

196633728_tp.jpg

98a1_1.JPG

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
LelaViavonie said:
Ohh Lady Day.. I will have a piece!! :)
That cake saver is soo darn cute.. it makes me want to bake :D

Thanks, I really like it, but Im having an issue with the seller :rage: Im getting charged a 'handling fee' that was not listed on the auction, and they are expecting me to pay it because 'most people dont complain and its to offset costs of...blah blah blah'.

Im so tired of sellers dumping every single cost onto the buyer. Im paying a crazy amount to ship this and it weighs nothing, so Im not paying anymore.

Sorry, my rant for the day.

LD

Josephine

One Too Many
Lady Day said:
Im getting charged a 'handling fee' that was not listed on the auction, and they are expecting me to pay it because 'most people dont complain and its to offset costs of...blah blah blah'.

That's ridiculous. If they wanted you to pay the handling charge, they should put it with the cost of shipping. :rage: at them too!!

I finally was able to get a mink muff! I was the only bidder and I think I did pretty well:

d61b_1.JPG

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I am so domesticated!!

c9b7_1.jpg
cef8_1.jpg

I won this canister set WITH a matching bread box! Squeeee!!!!!!
Im thinking mid 40s, maybe a smidgen later.
I am so excited. Im gonna put all my baking ingredients in them! Yay!!!!

LD

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
dsp_ebaysis_057.jpg

Christmas Present for my little sister.
72aa_1.JPG

Chistmas gift for my twin. It's unworn with tags and I got it for 1.99. Yay ebay!
eb7b_1.JPG

another Christmas gift for my twin.

2611.JPG

I mended the rip. I will replace the zipper this weekend.
2678.JPG

My mother is going to rebead this for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart