Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Miss Sis said:
Nice to have you back, i'm oldfashioned! :)

Thanks so much! It was great to meet you and Ben at the '07 QM, were you able to make the '08? I'm still so disappointed I had to miss the last one I haven't been able to bring myself to look at the pictures yet.

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
Oh boy oh boy oh boy.
I am so excited about this i can hardly stand it. Must have lucked out on on the price of this on ebay...it was not really listed properly, which was to my benefit.

It is "The Art and Craft of Hairdressing" from 1936.
600+ pages of hair cutting/perming info, shampoo and oil recipes, manicure and makeup tips, men's hair and mustache grooming info, how to set up your own hair salon, etc etc etc.

I am freaking out.

hairbook1.jpg
hair4.jpg

hairbook3.jpg
haribook5.jpg
hairbook2.jpg

There are a couple more on there (one of which I snagged the pickies from). As soon as I get it, I will share some more information. I wasn't going to buy anything for awhile, but I just could not pass this up.

VintageRed

Familiar Face
Miss Amelia, what a coup!

That looks like an awesome book! Can't wait to see what you do with all that good information! Pictures please, when you do some of the 'dos!

~Red

Inky

One Too Many
Miss Amelina what a terrific purchase!! I hope we get to see more of the book :)

As for me, I recently had a transaction with an ebay seller that got complicated (the pair of black shoes in the picture below needed a repair she had not noticed before listing and the repair was not to her satisfaction so she refunded me 100% - great seller!).

Because of the complication she gave me first chance at this lot of shoes. The red pair is from re-mix and the 3 tooled leather pairs are from the Olvera Street store that sells or used to sell (not sure, maybe someone in Los Angeles can update us) this style of shoe. Re-mix currently sells a tooled leather wedge for $236!!

Anyhow, I got the lot of 4 pairs for $100, free shipping. What a GREAT seller - now her closet is happier and so is mine!!! A little shoe polish and these will take me through my dance steps for a good long time. I think a shoe moratorium is now in order for 2009, though.

3197597604_af689ffe39.jpg

MissHannah

One Too Many
This jacket/blouse for $9.99

e190_1.jpg

This sweater for $13.60

lambswool1.jpg

And these lovely shoes for £6.60 but they don't fit so I'm trying to sell them on:

790f_1-1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred