Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Foofoogal

Banned
laurakitty. That is gorgeous.
You could always call on Mojito in Australia. It is summer there now.
You both could stroll the promenade.

Much better than freezing for sure....

Inky

One Too Many
Ladies, my loss is your gain, if you have a 9 or 9.5 (or a narrow 10 maybe) foot. Those great leather hand-tooled wedgies arrived today and the black pair is too tight on my size 10 foot.

The info is in the classifieds :)

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Aris Allen shoes - beware!

Lily Powers said:
These days, that's worth a lot! Good customer service - heck, even just polite customer service - is so rare, that when I experience it, I make sure to voice my appreciation and pass along the good experience to my friends.

Just received the replacement shoes for the ones that I originally got that were falling apart. Not only are these falling apart as well, but they've obviously been worn before. The bottoms are all scuffed, and the sides of the heels have rubbed together to form scratches. The scuffs on the sides of the heels look as though they've had shoe polish rubbed on them to try and make them less evident, but the polish is clearly visible as well.

I'm utterly disgusted. I've wasted almost a month trying to get a pair of wearable shoes from this company, and have nothing to show for it but shoddy quality. I will be calling them on Monday to get a full refund, and will not be doing business with them in the future.

:rage:

Lily Powers

Practically Family
Babydoll said:
Just received the replacement shoes for the ones that I originally got that were falling apart. Not only are these falling apart as well, but they've obviously been worn before. The bottoms are all scuffed, and the sides of the heels have rubbed together to form scratches. The scuffs on the sides of the heels look as though they've had shoe polish rubbed on them to try and make them less evident, but the polish is clearly visible as well.

I'm utterly disgusted. I've wasted almost a month trying to get a pair of wearable shoes from this company, and have nothing to show for it but shoddy quality. I will be calling them on Monday to get a full refund, and will not be doing business with them in the future.

:rage:

Apparently, someone at the company was betting on your being both blind as a bat and stupid. Since you wanted those shoes for dancing and you don't have them, you can't really go dancing so now...;) , you have some free time to write negative reviews about their service and deceptive practices. Thanks for giving us the heads up on them.

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
Inky said:
Miss Amelina what a terrific purchase!! I hope we get to see more of the book :)

As for me, I recently had a transaction with an ebay seller that got complicated (the pair of black shoes in the picture below needed a repair she had not noticed before listing and the repair was not to her satisfaction so she refunded me 100% - great seller!).

Because of the complication she gave me first chance at this lot of shoes. The red pair is from re-mix and the 3 tooled leather pairs are from the Olvera Street store that sells or used to sell (not sure, maybe someone in Los Angeles can update us) this style of shoe. Re-mix currently sells a tooled leather wedge for $236!!

Anyhow, I got the lot of 4 pairs for $100, free shipping. What a GREAT seller - now her closet is happier and so is mine!!! A little shoe polish and these will take me through my dance steps for a good long time. I think a shoe moratorium is now in order for 2009, though.

3197597604_af689ffe39.jpg

Oh Inky, I'm drooling over your shoes. I didn't think of Olvera St for tooled shoes. Can some who is in LA see if they do still sell them, pretty please :) I'm searching for a black pair to match a vintage bag I found at the thrift store for $2.00.
Everyone has been finding some lovely things !!

laurakitty

Familiar Face
Vintage Betty said:
Ditto - this is exquisite. I am really looking forward to seeing a picture of you in this dress. :)

I was wondering- is there a thread where people put up photos of whole outfits? I would love to see pictures of everyone in complete outfits with the hair, makeup, etc. While I love seeing everyone's purchases, I would love even more to see how they wear them! Maybe I'm blind but I haven't found anything like this...

Odalisque

A-List Customer
I was wondering- is there a thread where people put up photos of whole outfits? I would love to see pictures of everyone in complete outfits with the hair, makeup, etc. While I love seeing everyone's purchases, I would love even more to see how they wear them! Maybe I'm blind but I haven't found anything like this...

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=13881

This is the "what are you wearing today" thread. Mostly the guys post in it but a few of our lovely ladies also contribute.

PS

A-List Customer
I've been trying to not shop lately. Trying to lose another 10-20 pounds.

But layersclothing.com pulled me in today.

louise.jpg

evelyn.jpg

They have some adorable things. newlayers coupon code gets you ten percent off.

ShrinkingViolet

A-List Customer
Thanks! I know about the price, but the GBP is so cheap right now, so ...
Plus the quality of Chie Mihara shoes is so exquisite that they'll last you for years if properly taken care of. :)

Laura Chase

One Too Many
ShrinkingViolet said:
Thanks! I know about the price, but the GBP is so cheap right now, so ...
Plus the quality of Chie Mihara shoes is so exquisite that they'll last you for years if properly taken care of. :)

I second this, Chie Mihara shoes are of superb quality and very comfortable! But I do agree that they are too expensive, and even more so in the US where they cost aprox. 20% more than in Europe. At a 75% sale, though, they are a bargain! :)

Do we have a "Show us your shoe collection" thread here in the Powder Room? I remember something like that, but I can't find it when I search...

Lily Powers

Practically Family
ShrinkingViolet said:
Chie Mihara oxfords on sale!

3205811811_18827000da.jpg

In order to feed my shoe hunger, I've become a pretty decent bargain hunter, but there is no bargain that I can find on Chie Miharas. However, here are couple of makers that do some decent knockoffs. Jeffrey Campbell is one and Miz Mooz is another. Miz Mooz (www.infinityshoes.com) has these two oxfords that are similar and affordable:

Both shoes are regularly priced at $99. The ones on the left are on sale for $39 and come in red, brown, black and blue.

The ones on the right are on sale for $69 and come in brown, tan, black and red.
GZ-8205%20REDL.jpg
GZ-8207%20TANL.jpg

texasgirl

One Too Many
We may be going to a couple WWII events, and I found this cute little dress! She said it's a USO dress. Anyone know anything about it? The pictures aren't too good, I'll post some when I get it.

a944_1.jpg

a926_1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925