Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

michou1930

New in Town
I could not resist ...

I am still very new to this lounge and feel a bit like an impostor because I don't wear true vintage and mix a lot. Well I am a mother of two little boys ... but no more Jeans for me :)

Ebay is my private hell where I always and always find things to buy and way to often sell them again. Fifties never ever worked for me: I could never manage to padd my bra that much as were necessary and although not long waisted the top half is always way too short. So I came to try out forties but have had a hard time finding items with my 34 -26- 35/36 frame - again very often too busty for me. But then I would not want to give up that easily.

Laying ill in bed for two days I logged on and searched, searched, searched. First I found this one with just a little bit fifties/sixties flair to it - dreaming of summer ...

6118_1.JPG

Well it was kind of last minute bidding actually and I got it for a good price. But I was still bored and got on until I found this one. And it screamed Katharine Hepburn right in my face. Postage is high and considered for hours and hours. Could not resist. Again.

showimage.aspx

BUT there was this other treasure, exactly the kind of dress I dreamed ofwith the navy colour, the flowers, the swinging hem and the high neckline. I definitely had a different price tag on it in my dreams. I kept looking at it for two and a half days. Asked the seller if I could pay by the end of next week. Seller said kindly yes. I thought: O, bad. I clicked on it. It will be mine.

4599_12.JPG

And now I will need your help: what shoes to wear and what to do with my hair? Show me the way to the right thread, please, Ladies. :)

mentha

Familiar Face
I just ordered these patterns:

b4790.jpeg

Yes, there's an entire thread on this dress, so I can't wait to find time to make it up and add my creation!!!

f235.jpg

Basic shirtdress :)

Now to finish my sewing room, so I can finally get crackin'!

exquisitebones

A-List Customer
my newest blouse! $8 at local vintage shop.
I got the hat there too, for 15$
the blouse has little red and grey flowers on it and matches the hat perfectly!
redflowerblouse.jpg

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
Oh so cute!
exquisitebones said:
my newest blouse! $8 at local vintage shop.
I got the hat there too, for 15$
the blouse has little red and grey flowers on it and matches the hat perfectly!
redflowerblouse.jpg

I'm starting to collect just a few small bits of vintage feathers and doo-dads with the intentions of making my own fascinators. Also,found this cute little cocktail hat. (Pardon the rumpled sheets)
ry%3D400

Also,just starting to re-collect proper underpinnings and add to my growing collection of vintage robes. I know leopard print might be considered a bit cliche',but I haven't stopped loving it since 1990.
ry%3D400

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
JessiLynn said:
I got these for my school's semi-formal coming up next weekend (both were on sale, thank goodness).

ABBIEDRESS1.JPG

kategp350.gif
I know the dress well(very lovely),but we must discuss those shoes. Fab forties in red are on my B-day wishlist and I think they fit the bill. Who are they by?

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
Inky said:
Ohhh, i have been coveting those but I really don't wear high heels anymore, just the wedgie height is my max these days. They are lovely!! Did you get the red ones?

Pssst, rubyredlocks, they are the Kate by Remix Vintage Shoes and available here.
Oh,thank you Inky! I should have known,Re-mix gets me everytime. They enter my shoe lust dreams at night and then create them in the lab the very next day for me to drool over.

JessiLynn

Familiar Face
Kate by Remix indeed :) I hope you get them for your b-day, rubyredlocks! I'm sure you'd wear them insanely well!
And Inky, I did indeed get the red ones! If you're ever in a heel-wearing-mode again you should go for them, they're insanely comfy :)

SassyLindaB

Familiar Face
lady said:
Hi,
I'm new, but I thought I'd join in this 405 page long topic!
I bought this snood last week

Aaaand I just received a vintage bonnet hairdryer that is in perfect working condition!

I'm still waiting for this book to arrive, I'm SO excited.. It's called lingerie in vogue from 1910 on :)

re. the snood I just got a blue one, did you get yours from a medievil (sp?) costumer on ebay? I love mine and wear it to bed

Lily Powers

Practically Family
JessiLynn said:
Kate by Remix indeed :) I hope you get them for your b-day, rubyredlocks! I'm sure you'd wear them insanely well!
And Inky, I did indeed get the red ones! If you're ever in a heel-wearing-mode again you should go for them, they're insanely comfy :)
In a sea of boring, strapless dresses that all look alike, I'll bet you were a beautiful standout in your dress and shoes! Great style combo of shoes and dress, by the way. Do those Re-mix shoes have a tongue?

:eek:fftopic: I grew up in Belmont!

JessiLynn

Familiar Face
Lily Powers said:
In a sea of boring, strapless dresses that all look alike, I'll bet you were a beautiful standout in your dress and shoes! Great style combo of shoes and dress, by the way. Do those Re-mix shoes have a tongue?

:eek:fftopic: I grew up in Belmont!
Thank you so much :) My dress is sort of off theme (it's "Masquerade" this year), but I don't really mind :p
And no ma'am, they don't have a tongue.

You did?! You were so close to here! Yay for bay area ladies :)

exquisitebones

A-List Customer
i tired to find that century 21 online and they dont have a webshop??
i would love to have that second pair of shoes. for sure. I can never afford remix shoes full price :(

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
exquisitebones said:
i tired to find that century 21 online and they dont have a webshop??
i would love to have that second pair of shoes. for sure. I can never afford remix shoes full price :(

Nope, you have to ask someone who lives there to pick 'em up for ya. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats