Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Inky

One Too Many
KittyT said:
I just won this pair of Remix for $27!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22e5_12.JPG

What a steal! I have those in red and they are so comfortable! They'll look great on you!

maggiethespy

A-List Customer
KittyT said:
I just won this pair of Remix for $27!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22e5_12.JPG

I'm disgusted with you KittyT! I troll e-bay for Remix, and I can only ever find them in 3 sizes too small and way too expensive! Congratulations!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
maggiethespy said:
I'm disgusted with you KittyT! I troll e-bay for Remix, and I can only ever find them in 3 sizes too small and way too expensive! Congratulations!

I KNOW! I find them either wicked expensive or way too big for me, although I did find a pair of babydoll Remix heels for about $15, sold by someone on the Lounge no less! These including shipping, less than $35. I'm glad I held out to find a pair for cheap and am excited to have a more practical pair of retro dance shoes. Keep looking, you'll find some!

MissHannah

One Too Many
Fab red jacket from This Shop Rocks on Brick Lane in London. If only it had a skirt with it - can you imagine this as a suit?! Heavenly!

RedJacketFront.jpg

RedJacketBack.jpg

MissHannah

One Too Many
Thank you! It is now my mission to find a skirt in a matching red.

Also snagged these fabulous red shoes (not the same red as the jacket unfortunately!):

RedShoes.jpg

klara

One of the Regulars
My latest find, I got them for $8.50. I was almost emberessed for paying so little for them. They are in wonderful condition and fit perfect.
skor-1.jpg

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
PS said:
I've been trying to not shop lately. Trying to lose another 10-20 pounds.

But layersclothing.com pulled me in today.

louise.jpg

evelyn.jpg

They have some adorable things. newlayers coupon code gets you ten percent off.
Did you receive the clothes? Tell us all about them....fit, quality etc.

PS

A-List Customer
They Did Arrive!

The quality is nice. Heavier fabric than I expected. The dresses really have some weight to them. The first dress is my favorite it fits really well. I have a large waist to hip ratio and sometimes if something fits one it doesn't fit the other but this works, without adding to my waist or hips. The second makes my waist vanish so its a bit baggy in shape for me. I become one stocky column shape. They are both very nice though. I do have to say, like in my previous post this is a conservative and modest company and both dresses are very long. To be at all wearable I will have to have 4-6 inches taken up on each dress, but ladies I am 5'3; most dresses needed some hemming for me.

Lily Powers

Practically Family
PS said:
The quality is nice. Heavier fabric than I expected. The dresses really have some weight to them. The first dress is my favorite it fits really well. I have a large waist to hip ratio and sometimes if something fits one it doesn't fit the other but this works, without adding to my waist or hips. The second makes my waist vanish so its a bit baggy in shape for me. I become one stocky column shape. They are both very nice though. I do have to say, like in my previous post this is a conservative and modest company and both dresses are very long. To be at all wearable I will have to have 4-6 inches taken up on each dress, but ladies I am 5'3; most dresses needed some hemming for me.

PS, how sheer is the cream top of the first dress? My general test for the "see-through" factor of knits is if I can easily read the hang tag through the fabric. I like that dress - it's simple and cute.

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
PS said:

Could you possibly model? I have a 10 inch difference between the bust and waist and am always wondering how things look on a real body. :)

PS

A-List Customer
Lily Powers said:
PS, how sheer is the cream top of the first dress? My general test for the "see-through" factor of knits is if I can easily read the hang tag through the fabric. I like that dress - it's simple and cute.

Not a single bit. The cream fabric is as opaque as the black fabric.

Could you possibly model? I have a 10 inch difference between the bust and waist and am always wondering how things look on a real body.

Sure!

laurakitty

Familiar Face
1950s Jean Allen ottomon silk dress with slightly bustled back- I adore this dress but I think it is just a little too long on me. I'm going to model it for my boyfriend and then possibly hem a little.

allen5jpeg.jpg
allen8jpeg.jpg

R & K Originals 1950s wool dress with metallic threads- Just something easy to wear to work.
rkglitter.jpg

MissHannah

One Too Many
I have a pretty good range of movement in it actually! Luckily it is a couple of inches too big around the waist and bust which allows me to move in comfort!!

PS. I'm having to sell the shoes on as they are a bit too big. Will post a link to the Ebay auction in the classifieds.

La Julia

One of the Regulars
MissHannah said:
Thank you! It is now my mission to find a skirt in a matching red.

Also snagged these fabulous red shoes (not the same red as the jacket unfortunately!):

RedShoes.jpg

Those shoes are fantastic!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn