Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
michou1930 said:
And now I will need your help: what shoes to wear and what to do with my hair? Show me the way to the right thread, please, Ladies. :)

Hi Michou, nice to see you over here from Ravelry, there is a whole heap of info on here from hair to heels. Let me know if there is anything I can point you in the right direction of then at least I will feel I am paying back a favour for all of that wonderful knitting advice you've given me!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
4d77_1.JPG

Sears, Roebuck and CO. spring summer 1943!
Ive wanted a war time catalog for ever!

I had been saving for this for weeks since I lost one that time ago. I had no idea that another one would be online so quickly, and I got it CHEAPER than the one previous!

Squeeee!!!

LD

michou1930

New in Town
Nice surprise

AllaboutEve said:
Hi Michou, nice to see you over here from Ravelry, there is a whole heap of info on here from hair to heels. Let me know if there is anything I can point you in the right direction of then at least I will feel I am paying back a favour for all of that wonderful knitting advice you've given me!

Funny, I thought you might be "my" Eve but then again I thought the name may be not that seldom ;-)
Well, I would love to integrate a little bit more vintage into my daily life but struggle a bit when it comes to shoes and hair. I know the thirties style for shoes because I loved them for ages but with all the forties stuff now I cannot find anything that would look ok - wedges aren't mine after all. But ooops, I am completely off topic now ...

Mojito

One Too Many
michou1930 said:
As always, I *love* the diversity of the finds in this thread - so many varied interests and personal styles are represented!

Out of curiousity, is there are a particular name for the style of pattern in Michou1930's dress? I gave a friend an earlier piece in chiffon with a very similar pattern, and I've always had a weakness for it. It reminds me of the floral images of the natural world in French or Italian Medieval into Renaissance tapestries and paintings.

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
Wooohoo!! I had a TJ Max and Ross Extravaganza!!!

n1172844265_30134191_7809.jpg

This dress was 15.99!~
n1172844265_30134187_715.jpg

I love the Pockets and how comfortable the dress was.. perfect for summer!

n1172844265_30134186_3045.jpg

These were at ross.. they were 9.99!! Sooo cute and comfy!
n1172844265_30134185_4187.jpg

Anne Klein Shirt from TJ Max 19.99!! Super comfy and great material
n1172844265_30134179_7168.jpg

THese I couldnt pass up.. they were 9.99 and they are so cute and comfy!
n1172844265_30134177_4405.jpg

These.. are my FAVorite!!! Kenneth Cole Sailor Pants for 25.00!!
n1172844265_30134208_6403.jpg

n1172844265_30134209_6627.jpg

Sorry for all the pics.. but I had to share all the goodies!! I hit the motherload last night! :D :D

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
LelaViavonie said:
Wooohoo!! I had a TJ Max and Ross Extravaganza!!!

Congrats! Don't you just love it when it all comes together and you find a bunch of stuff in there? Sometimes it's just nothin'!
I may have to go take a peek at mine. I love those shoes!!

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Thanks Inky and yes it is MBH, I was eyeing one in the Family Jewels but it was $300! And it wasn't in such good nick AND it was in the primary colours rather than B&W, which can be a bit gaudy! This was $65, and if I'd been waited and not used the BIN I might have won it cheaper, but patience is not one of my strengths! lol

MissHannah

One Too Many
50's shades:
8e2c_1.jpg

40's robe which I am SO in love with:
38bb_1.jpg

Lovely wiggle dress which was too short waisted for me when it arrived... gutted! I'll probably sell it on to some lucky normal length bodied gal!
9d1b_1.jpg

Esme

One of the Regulars
Fluer, you usually only see those bags in colored cord, and I don't like them, but that one is very cute! Nice find.
I got a nice pair of black vintage-y shoes, I will post a picture later.

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
michou1930 said:
Funny, I thought you might be "my" Eve but then again I thought the name may be not that seldom ;-)
Well, I would love to integrate a little bit more vintage into my daily life but struggle a bit when it comes to shoes and hair. I know the thirties style for shoes because I loved them for ages but with all the forties stuff now I cannot find anything that would look ok - wedges aren't mine after all. But ooops, I am completely off topic now ...

I can't seem to PM you Michou, so will answer you in the vintage shoe thread!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn