Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Cross-posted to "Thrift/Yard Sale Finds" thread. ;)

Flea Market finds!
Fab lamp. The shade I bought on ebay ages ago.
0531091621.jpg

Comb/Brush Holder with swallows (maybe it's supposed to be embroidered?), 1946 Tube Radio Book, Two matching skinny belts, bakelite dress clip (needs repair and was thrown in for free).
0531091623.jpg

Two pretty scarves
0531091623a.jpg

Fun little purse
0531091624.jpg

Detail
0531091624a.jpg

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
yep...the comb brush holder is an embroidery blank...lots of magazines sold them by mail order each month...

if you ever want to and you don't embroider.....I do...can mail it to me (after september, please!) and I can do it for you....hehe

Miss_Bella_Hell

Miss Neecerie said:
yep...the comb brush holder is an embroidery blank...lots of magazines sold them by mail order each month...

if you ever want to and you don't embroider.....I do...can mail it to me (after september, please!) and I can do it for you....hehe

You know, I might do just that! I can send some soap along with it, since I've been threatening to all these months. ;)

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
During my vacation last week, I got to do some unexpected antiquing in Montana. Here are a few of the things I found, and I'll take pics of the rest soon. Things are so cheap out there!

2 bakelite bangles, $15! This place also had lots of other little bakelite bangles for $12 each.
DSCF2397.jpg

50s planter, $5!
DSCF2399.jpg

Lovely pink Coro 3 piece parure
DSCF2400.jpg

Shirin

A-List Customer
i got these shoes on ebay However, after trying them on I find I cannot walk in such a high heel. They wold be awesome for photo shoots or if you are talented to walk in 3 .5" heels then they're perfect. If anyone wants them, more photos and details are available in the classifieds section. They're brand new, never walked in except on my carpet for about a minute.
!BS5hV9QBWk~$(KGrHgoH-CoEjlLluzl+BKFg4+wwpw~~_12.JPG

crazydaisy

Practically Family
Those are really pretty Shirin!

Now I bought a pair of gloves for my wedding and gues what: can't get the damned things on! Moreso, whilst trying, one of them split along the seam of one finger - the only finger I dared to push in - didn't even feel it, they just peeled split! and they don't look like they were going to fall apart, nor am I a big girl with big hands! I emailed the seller, but then even if they were taking them back, I'll end end up paying twice shipping to the States for nothing! and i'm really tight for money now...
I've been having such bad luck with this whole thing, it really starts to wear me down:cry:
WhiteGLOVES1.jpg

WhiteGLOVES3.jpg

Miss_Bella_Hell

Miss_Bella_Hell said:

Got all these today and they are all great! The black dress fits like it was made for me, and the pink one might need a tiny bit of taking in. The Hawaii compact is very large, much more so than I expected!

Still giddy over the pink lurex. Can't wait for my seafoam green to come in!

cecil

A-List Customer
crazydaisy said:
Those are really pretty Shirin!

Now I bought a pair of gloves for my wedding and gues what: can't get the damned things on! Moreso, whilst trying, one of them split along the seam of one finger - the only finger I dared to push in - didn't even feel it, they just peeled split! and they don't look like they were going to fall apart, nor am I a big girl with big hands! I emailed the seller, but then even if they were taking them back, I'll end end up paying twice shipping to the States for nothing! and i'm really tight for money now...
I've been having such bad luck with this whole thing, it really starts to wear me down:cry:

That is such a bummer. Beautiful pair of gloves, too. :(

Shirin said:
i got these shoes on ebay However, after trying them on I find I cannot walk in such a high heel. They wold be awesome for photo shoots or if you are talented to walk in 3 .5" heels then they're perfect. If anyone wants them, more photos and details are available in the classifieds section. They're brand new, never walked in except on my carpet for about a minute.
!BS5hV9QBWk~$(KGrHgoH-CoEjlLluzl+BKFg4+wwpw~~_12.JPG

I love these...im gonna go to the classifieds to look at them right now. :D

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Got all these today and they are all great! The black dress fits like it was made for me, and the pink one might need a tiny bit of taking in. The Hawaii compact is very large, much more so than I expected!

Still giddy over the pink lurex. Can't wait for my seafoam green to come in!

I hate you lol

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
My wife recently bought this vintage Girl Scout leader's dress, and I was hoping you experts could tell us which decade a dress like this might have come from?

By that I mean, as a GSA uniform, it might have been a bit old-fashioned when it was made, but when would a dress of this style (its GSA associations aside) have been in fashion?

Thanks.

erin_gsdress.jpg

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
skyvue said:
My wife recently bought this vintage Girl Scout leader's dress, and I was hoping you experts could tell us which decade a dress like this might have come from?

By that I mean, as a GSA uniform, it might have been a bit old-fashioned when it was made, but when would a dress of this style (its GSA associations aside) have been in fashion?

Thanks.

erin_gsdress.jpg

If you go out to http://www.girlscouts.org/who_we_are/history/exhibit/

and click on the 1948-1959 link...and then select number 21...it looks to be a dead on match

The description is : 1948-1959

Girl Scout Adult Dress 1953 and Suit 1956
Introduced in 1953, the adult green dress featured a shirred back, tapered sleeves, slant pockets, and a raised neckline with white pique trim. A short-sleeved version of this uniform was made of lightweight covert and, in 1956, of broadcloth. The 1956 adult green suit had short sleeves, adjustable side tabs, and buttons on the collar and lapels. Two additional new hats—a pillbox beret in fine fur felt, designed by Sally Victor, one of America's foremost millinery designers, and a soft beret in green acetate and rayon gabardine—were developed for adults

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy