Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
KittyT said:
Thanks! The funny thing is that I saw the same earrings in yellow in a different store further on down the road.

Lovely set Kitty, it's a classic Coro design called "Arbutus" from 1955 and was made in several different colours including Pale Pink, White, Yellow and Red.

That one you have is such a great colour for the summer.

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
cecil said:
il_430xN.44216078.jpg

That is an utter beauty, what a good find.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
AllaboutEve said:
Lovely set Kitty, it's a classic Coro design called "Arbutus" from 1955 and was made in several different colours including Pale Pink, White, Yellow and Red.

Many thanks for the info!

clubwitsend

Practically Family
what a lovely parure!!!

KittyT said:
During my vacation last week, I got to do some unexpected antiquing in Montana. Here are a few of the things I found, and I'll take pics of the rest soon. Things are so cheap out there!

2 bakelite bangles, $15! This place also had lots of other little bakelite bangles for $12 each.
DSCF2397.jpg

50s planter, $5!
DSCF2399.jpg

Lovely pink Coro 3 piece parure
DSCF2400.jpg

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
Miss Neecerie said:
If you go out to http://www.girlscouts.org/who_we_are/history/exhibit/ and click on the 1948-1959 link...and then select number 21...it looks to be a dead on match

That sure looks pretty close, Miss Neecerie (the cuffs on the sleeves differ a bit, but that could just be the artist's rendering, too).

But is that a style that was current at the time, or was it a bit old-fashioned at t that time? Would the dress -- if it were, say, blue and had no GSA patch on the shoulder -- suggest the late '40s more than the mid-'50s?

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
skyvue said:
But is that a style that was current at the time, or was it a bit old-fashioned at t that time? Would the dress -- if it were, say, blue and had no GSA patch on the shoulder -- suggest the late '40s more than the mid-'50s?

I think it's too hard to tell. Would you be able to tell the difference between something in style in 1999 and something in style in 2001? Probably not. I have dresses with sleeves like that that no one here has been able to date any further than late 40s/early 50s.

Inky

One Too Many
Cool 50's hoedown border print fabric with plenty to make a skirt

squaredancefabric%20002.jpg

I feel a "collection" coming on - I already own this skirt and it's my favorite warm weather skirt so far this year!

3409948544_666e7a1087.jpg

let's go to a hoedown!

Odalisque

A-List Customer
Inky said:
Cool 50's hoedown border print fabric with plenty to make a skirt

squaredancefabric%20002.jpg

I feel a "collection" coming on - I already own this skirt and it's my favorite warm weather skirt so far this year!

3409948544_666e7a1087.jpg

let's go to a hoedown!

Want that skirt!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
deadpandiva said:
I love the purple and black dress and I agree that dresses with pockets are the best.

Sorry, I had to delete that post. For some reason the photos weren't viewing right. I'll fix it and repost tomorrow! Guh. I hate Photobucket!

SayCici

Practically Family
il_430xN.73745009.jpg

Etsy! I haven't bought a new dress in a while (just dress patterns!) and I bought this one less than an hour after finding it. :]

Inky

One Too Many
goldwyn girl said:
Lock your door Inky, I'm a comin' to steal that skirt and fabric :)

This arrived yesterday and it's fabulous !!
1950scover.jpg

LOL - glad you like them! I have a hoedown sweater too - seriously, it's a compulsion!

I was thinking of ordering that book and the 40's one - I am glad you like it, so I just might next month, I've already blown the "stuff I don't need but want" budget for June!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran