Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Drappa

One Too Many
Drappa,

Lovely things, one and all but the skirt pattern with the ivy is my fav.

Thank you, I was convinced I'd be outbid, but was the only bidder and can't believe my luck! Nevermind the fact I haven't ever done applique, but am thinking of making a quilted skirt with the ivy as my quilting guide.

Thanks everyone, and lovely dress Miss Golightly. Your wardrobe must be amazing!

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Foofoogal & Drappa - thank you! The dress arrived today and I LOVE it! I notice though that there are belt loops but no belt and I imagine that perhaps the original belt may have been that raspberry or pale pink colour - must find a suitable belt for it now! Wish me luck!

moonmatrix

Familiar Face
Mary deluxe. That dress is absolutely devine!!! That is one serious find there.
Miss Golightly I love the Miss Elliette dress. It is sad when a belt is lost to a dress though. I hope your find one that matches it perfectly!

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Mary deluxe. That dress is absolutely devine!!! That is one serious find there.
Miss Golightly I love the Miss Elliette dress. It is sad when a belt is lost to a dress though. I hope your find one that matches it perfectly!

Thanks Moonmatrix - the dress still has tags on so it may never have been worn but the belt has got lost over time - it's sad when the original belt is gone as it can be quite hard to match up - that's probably why I'm always careful when giving an item away to charity that the belt is well secured on!

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
So, I'm having a day of mishaps...burnt my meatballs, the dog threw up on the blanket I just washed and just as I was trying to delude myself that I could somehow manage a dress waist an entire inch smaller than my absolute smallest suck-it-in size, one of the wooden slats to my bed dislodged and the boxspring and matress went kerplunk! (I took that as a sign that I look for a bigger waist or rethink my eating habits.) Fortunately, I found a bigger waist! LOL

I know it's nothing fancy, but these days I am into more everyday. When I saw this, I immediately thought fall, maybe even Thanksgiving!

A 50's/60's Nat Turoff Chicago label. I think it's been hemmed and I'll look into undoing that if possible. The bust will be too big, but maybe I can have that taken in. I love the bow at the back!

Nat Turoff Chicago check dress by susanmcs, on Flickr

Nat Turoff Chicago check dress bow back by susanmcs, on Flickr

Nat Turoff check dress label and button detail by susanmcs, on Flickr

crwritt

One Too Many
I bought an LL Bean gift certificate to give as a birthday present, and this time of year they give you a $10 gift card if you spend $50. This top was on sale,so I spent my $10. I think it has a 50's vibe, but their clothes are pretty classic anyway.
261746_0_49

Tatum

Practically Family
1930's Dress

So I finally decided to wear this out, and got some pics of it before I walked out the door. Hubby called as I was doing so! Seeing these now I wish I had gotten some of the detail on the collar and front, as it has this beautiful black stitching. The color is almost the same as my eyes, I love that...

IMG_1487.jpg

IMG_1488.jpg

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
So I finally decided to wear this out, and got some pics of it before I walked out the door. Hubby called as I was doing so! Seeing these now I wish I had gotten some of the detail on the collar and front, as it has this beautiful black stitching. The color is almost the same as my eyes, I love that...

IMG_1487.jpg

IMG_1488.jpg

Gorgeous Tatum, and I have to say your hair is so immaculate! ;0

PS the Dr. Martens are SUPER comfty - wearing them today at work. They are surprisingly comfortable for heels!

X
BD

RodeoRose

A-List Customer
This picture isn't the greatest, but I'm over the moon about this little 1940s dress I got recently. It's rayon, with shoulder pads and spectacular subtle pleating in the skirt and bodice. Perhaps the best part is that it was just under $10 at the antique store-- what a score!!

coralnoir-1.jpg

Tatum

Practically Family
Gorgeous Tatum, and I have to say your hair is so immaculate! ;0

PS the Dr. Martens are SUPER comfty - wearing them today at work. They are surprisingly comfortable for heels!

X
BD

Thanks, BD! The hair came out really great in the pics, I was surprised! I am glad to hear you like your new Docs, I am planning on ordering the Orla in black when budget permits, now that they have your approval. I do really love the dress, I got so many compliments on it and no one suspected it was vintage. My close friends weren't surprised, however. Maybe it was the boots!

Rodeo Rose, your dress is beautiful too! The pleats on that bodice are so flattering, and I love the color!

Drappa

One Too Many
This picture isn't the greatest, but I'm over the moon about this little 1940s dress I got recently. It's rayon, with shoulder pads and spectacular subtle pleating in the skirt and bodice. Perhaps the best part is that it was just under $10 at the antique store-- what a score!!

coralnoir-1.jpg
Wow! It's stunning and what a steal!

Black Dahlia, love that sweater, it's too cute!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy