Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
Tatum...you look terrific! I love the color of your dress and the pockets and the circular belt buckle send me. It made me giggle to see you the picture of vintage perfection...talking on a CELL phone. LOL

Drappa...Kaboom! The b/w dress blows me away. I just adore it! You must promise to post pics of your quilted skirts when they are done. I have a new fascination with circle skirts and the quilted ones are especially yummy. :)

moonmatrix

Familiar Face
More Christmas gifts and some from me to myself for being good :)
il_fullxfull.190509599.jpg

il_570xN.155407982.jpg
il_570xN.155408079.jpg

and some fabric for two quilted skirts I'm planning:
!B8O+uEwCWk~$(KGrHqR,!gwEy2IyrNtzBM2cZ4G72!~~_12.JPG

!B8O+GrwBmk~$(KGrHqJ,!lUEy+jC)IpwBM2cYtm9OQ~~_12.JPG

drappa I just love that black and white dresss! Two of my favorite things, plaid and black and white. The detailing looks amazing on it also.

moonmatrix

Familiar Face
Tatum I just love the color on that dress!! pairing it with modern boots is such a neat idea. I was once told that to not look too dated in vintage to wear modern shoes. not sure where I read or heard that from. Also to see you on a cell phone in vintage made me giggle.

Drappa

One Too Many
Thanks again ladies.
The black and white dress also comes with it's matching belt (not in the picture) and has red in it, but you can't tell. I'm pretty excited about it. I'll post skirt pictures as soon as I made them :D

moonmatrix

Familiar Face
red and a belt?! I am swooning can not wait to see pics. I am seriously lusting after a quilted myself these days. I had what I call a "holy grail" list that seems to be one of my last items. i need a new list, lol.

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab

Gorgeous Drappa; I really love your new dress!

Tatum - your hair always looks smashing! I meant to ask you in the hair thread about some tips! Re the DMs, I love them so much I'm contemplating getting the plain black boots or the red ones. Of course, when the budget permits. I've got to get a handle on my spending!

Glad you like the sweater ladies, it was inexpensive, $20. So I bought two (one for a friend).

X
BD

Tatum

Practically Family

Drappa, I looove this!

Thanks, moonmatrix and skidoo! I thought it was funny at the time myself. The phone and boots give me away, hehe! The pockets are just detail as opposed to functional, unfortunately!

Black Dahlia, feel free to ask away in the threads or PM me about hair tips. Everything I learned, I learned from the ladies here, but we all develop our own techniques and I am happy to share mine :)

Drappa

One Too Many
I feel like I'm spamming this thread, but nobody I know would appreciate these like you ladies :) My last purchase until January or February, apart from some patterns. Not my usual silhouette or era, but NOS and looks comfy:
il_570xN.169621413.jpg

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
I feel like I'm spamming this thread, but nobody I know would appreciate these like you ladies :) My last purchase until January or February, apart from some patterns. Not my usual silhouette or era, but NOS and looks comfy:
il_570xN.169621413.jpg

I love this one too! Thanks for sharing. I love seeing everyone's new lovely things!
X
BD

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
^Ooooh, love them both! I've been eyeing them, but am officially banned as of today. You have great taste BD :D

I hear you on that Drappa. I just spent WAY too much on stockings/tights, no more purchases for me until after X-mas! I have a BP dress problem, I think I have over 12 now. ;0

You have great taste; your clothes are divine! Where did you find the plaid dress? I love the details on it, the pockets, the sleeves.

X
BD

Drappa

One Too Many
It's from Etsy seller foreverlovelyvintage and they've got some other really nice ones, wish I could get them all!
I understand the BP addiction, I only have on dress and one skirt by them, but both are really flattering.

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
It's from Etsy seller foreverlovelyvintage and they've got some other really nice ones, wish I could get them all!
I understand the BP addiction, I only have on dress and one skirt by them, but both are really flattering.

Oh my gosh Drappa, that seller has amazing things. Honestly...it's a good thing the dresses I saw, and wanted, were too small. *safe* ;0

Indeed, I've only had one ill fitting BP dress thus far.

X
BD

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Black Dahlia,

Love the plaid skirt. I am currently obsessed with checks and plaids and tweeds, must be the season. I wonder if "St. Mary's" is the same as the St. Mary's I see on those yummy vintage wool blankets?

So funny, the identical skirt is on etsy! I rarely see identical vintage items, unless it's a lot of deadstock.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/47397849/50s-vintage-preppy-red-plaid-pleated?ref=sr_list_11&ga_search_query=plaid+dress+50s&ga_search_type=vintage&ga_page=6&order=&includes[0]=tags&includes[1]=title&filter[0]=vintage

X
BD

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
Last year, I saw this marvelous fit and flare pink quilted robe but it sold while I was debating. This year, I saw a summer weight cotton fit and flare dressing gown but forgot about the auction and missed it. Moments ago, I saw a fit and flare, quilted, Evelyn Pearson in my vintage size! It was naughty, and I shouldn't have, but I did...next pay day I'm going to search for slippers!

Sorry, the pics aren't the greatest:

Evelyn Pearson Robe by susanmcs, on Flickr

Evelyn Pearson Robe label by susanmcs, on Flickr

It has big pockets but it's hard to tell with the tone on tone.

Evelyn Pearson Robe sweep and pockets by susanmcs, on Flickr

Smuterella

One Too Many

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy