Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

W-D Forties

Practically Family
I have just been to an antiques fair and have bought:
A new look jacket, it's dark blue grossgrain with a velver collar and cuffs and appears to be handmade
A wool late 40's jacket and
A stripey lat 50's jacket
An oval Edwardian mirror
The jackets were 3 for £36 and the mirroe was £7! The jackets all need a good clean, but overall I'm well chuffed. I would have posted pics but being the numpty I am, I still haven't figured out how to!

Can someone explain simply, as if to a very small child, how I do it? Thanks!

crwritt

One Too Many
I have just been to an antiques fair and have bought:
A new look jacket, it's dark blue grossgrain with a velver collar and cuffs and appears to be handmade
A wool late 40's jacket and
A stripey lat 50's jacket
An oval Edwardian mirror
The jackets were 3 for £36 and the mirroe was £7! The jackets all need a good clean, but overall I'm well chuffed. I would have posted pics but being the numpty I am, I still haven't figured out how to!

Can someone explain simply, as if to a very small child, how I do it? Thanks!

You need to have your pictures hosted somewhere like photobucket, or I use my photo galleries on facebook.

Right click on the picture you want to post and then copy file location.

In the message box here, click on the icon that looks like a picture of a tree. Click on "from url",Uncheck the "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" box and paste (control v) your file into the blank space.

Last edited:

hailey greenhat

A-List Customer
This wool and mink clutch/muff :D i'm so excited to get it! I love the amber button closure.
il_570xN248099599.jpg

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Lillie Librarie, that purse is stunning. And BD, those earrings are amazing...Love the bottom ones. Are they a teal color, or are they more blue or green?

Hi PowderKeg, yes they're teal. I bought them online so don't have them in my mitts yet....

Thank you BD. *waves back*
I love your red earrings.

Have you been to Urban Cottage in Halifax? That's where my most recent items are from.

Hi BananaBomb, I haven't been there yet! I use to live in HFX, but don't any longer. Will check it out the next time I'm there.

Recent purchases, two bakelite bangles and a lucite pin. Great for Fall! Pics soon. ;0
X
BD

Marla

A-List Customer
BlackDahlia, welcome to the Soviet Bakelite Cherry Brooch club! Miss Daisy and I both have identical brooches. Apparently they were quite mass produced in Eastern Europe during the 1950s-1960s.

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
BlackDahlia, welcome to the Soviet Bakelite Cherry Brooch club! Miss Daisy and I both have identical brooches. Apparently they were quite mass produced in Eastern Europe during the 1950s-1960s.

Marla, I feel very honoured to join this prestigious club! ;0 I didn't think the brooch was bakelite, as when I did the rub test, there was no typical bakelite icky smell. Thanks for the info on the pin!
X
BD

Marla

A-List Customer
Marla, I feel very honoured to join this prestigious club! ;0 I didn't think the brooch was bakelite, as when I did the rub test, there was no typical bakelite icky smell. Thanks for the info on the pin!
X
BD

Actually, I'm not entirely sure on the exact name of the material they are made of--some sort of primitive plastic similar to bakelite. The leaves and the round cherry part appear to be made of different materials, though.

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Actually, I'm not entirely sure on the exact name of the material they are made of--some sort of primitive plastic similar to bakelite. The leaves and the round cherry part appear to be made of different materials, though.

Hi Marla,

I found the same item on Etsy and the seller says it tested positive for bakelite:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/80929306/vintage-50s-bakelite-cherry-pin-with?ref=sc_3

So, who knows! I'll test mine again when I get a chance. Either way, I love it!
X
BD

wahine

Practically Family
I've already posted this in the display case - if a double post is a bad thing, please remove, bartenders.

I got this radiogram at a household clearance. Unfortunately, the record player played only five or six of my records, before it died.
Or maybe, it's just in a coma. At least I hope something can be done about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo