Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Hi there ladies,

More bakelite earrings for me and two non-bakelite sets. Hard to tell which are which!:
bakeliteearrings.jpg

X
BD

Bluebird Marsha

A-List Customer
New purses! Made from recycled bike inner tubes, and old magazine type covers (and other things!).
Gold Diggers of Broadway- 1929 copyright.
2011-09-24_170814-1.jpg
[/IMG]
Not vintage at all. Fresh Step Cat Litter box purse- with Oscar my cat providing critique :)
2011-09-24171009.jpg
[/IMG]

thedanu

Familiar Face
Lovely! Have you taken them to a cobbler for a cleaning and condition? They look so clean! I just tend to do that with all my newly acquired vintage shoes. I get nervous about them and want them to last.

LD
Yep, I brought them to the cobbler to have the heels nailed again. She also put rubber half soles (and heels) underneath. I still have to buy a polish that's the same colour though, they should look perfect then :)
But grease should do until then :)

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
I couldn't resist this psychedelic Jean Patou silk scarf:
il_570xN_260817856.jpg

This lovely 60's coat:
il_570xN_274449278.jpg

A pretty rhinestone brooch:
il_570xN_180978751.jpg

When I was in France I bought a beautiful 1950's dress at the famous market in Nice - the seller said it was couture and a copy of a Chanel (whether this is true or not it doesn't matter as the dress is made so beautifully - it even has a strapless bra that snaps onto the dress but can be removed) - the dress came with removable straps, a removable halterneck and a shawl. The dress has a lilac shell and is covered in what I think is organza but sadly the gold on the floral pattern has turned dark and a bit grubby so I hope to replace the outer shell of the dress - I'll talk to my tailor in the next few days and see what he can do - once it's done I'll post some photos of it.

I also got a 1960's Celine A Line wool skirt but unfortunately the leather buckle at the waist was damaged during dry cleaning so I'm going to have the leather replaced but again I hope to post a photo when it's done!

Miss sofia

One Too Many
What a lovely haul Miss G. I have been waiting to see some of your lovely purchases from your holiday!

I adore the colours on the scarf. I can see you wearing that as a headscarf on board some fabulous yacht on The Riviera!

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Thanks C-dot! Now if I could only find the same coat in black!!!!!!!

There seem to be a selection oif sixties coats and suits on ebay at the moment. I had a quick look yesterday night. I'll let you know if i see something interesting.

Today i bought a lovely headscarf. It's a mantilla for wearing to church i believe. Black chiffon with a lovely embossed pattern. It's a huge triangle, so it's great for wearing Princess Margaret style or Rosie Riveter. I have been looking for a snazzy chiffon headscarf to wear this autumn. I also love that it folds down to nothing, so i can put it in the side pocket of my handbag. I love it when i find something i have been searching for, for yonks!

Drappa

One Too Many
^Yes, me too Miss Sofia" I ventured into TK Maxx today to check if they had a box-pleat wide 50s tweed skirt I have been coveting in my size, which they did - last one, too. To top it off, I found a pair of elbow length Dents leather gloves, which I have been looking for for two years now, for under £30! I am ecstatic! I'll try and take pictures tomorrow. Also found another 50s style checked skirt on sale there.

Miss Golightly, loving the coat! I have a similar one in navy blue which I got on honeymoon in Rome and it's still going strong. That style goes with nearly everything.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Thanks C-dot! Now if I could only find the same coat in black!!!!!!!

I actually found a really great car-length trench in black at - of all places - our cheesy Sears catalog. The one on the right:

617_65917_P.jpg

I adore it! I wear the buttons open so the lapels look larger, and I have a feeling it will last me forever. I'm always happy when I can find something warm and stylish - Not always an option here. Sometimes catalogs have decent finds! :)

Miss sofia

One Too Many
^Yes, me too Miss Sofia" I ventured into TK Maxx today to check if they had a box-pleat wide 50s tweed skirt I have been coveting in my size, which they did - last one, too. To top it off, I found a pair of elbow length Dents leather gloves, which I have been looking for for two years now, for under £30! I am ecstatic! I'll try and take pictures tomorrow. Also found another 50s style checked skirt on sale there.

Miss Golightly, loving the coat! I have a similar one in navy blue which I got on honeymoon in Rome and it's still going strong. That style goes with nearly everything.

Hurrah! Actually i have been coveting a tweed pleated skirt, i never think to go to TK Maxx, as our one round here is pretty rubbish.

C-dot - lovely coat, so classic!

Miss sofia

One Too Many
That's not pathetic, far from it, says the woman who has a list of items she covets and sits on Ebay and Etsy like a woman possessed, muttering at the computer screen when she's outbid!

Actually i may well have to do similar, as our local one only has minute sizes as they seem to cater only for the teenage population round here.

Drappa

One Too Many
Really? I have the opposite problem, the three around here usually only have large sizes in whatever I like. I wish they had a better online shop.

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Yes me too, their online shop isn't great at all.

Our local Country Casuals is closing down and has a 50% plus sale, i'm hoping they might yield some nice basic skirts and cardigans, which i'm in dire need of. I know they can be a bit matronly, but this is where i tend to find stuff round here, as the shopping in my area is pretty dire.

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Miss Sofia - thank you for the tip off - I must have a look myself when I get a moment! Your mantilla sounds beautiful - is it anything like the piece that Jane Russell wears in Gentlemen Prefer Blondes when she's out on the deck?

Drappa - thank you - looking forward to seeing photos of your latest finds!

C-dot - What a beauty coat - a lovely classic timeless cut - you should have it for years. Sometimes you do find some really lovely things in the most unlikely catalogues/shops!

Nomanolo

Familiar Face
DSC03120+%2528Custom%2529.JPG

This fur collar from a thriftstore. I also recently bought a silver fox (stola), but I wasn't sure people appreciated that here :)

DSC02928+%2528Custom%2529.JPG

And I found this ring, it was all dirty but I cleaned it and now its pretty

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Lovely fur and ring Nomanolo - your hair is beautiful btw.

Miss G - Love the lamp and dress, but the percolator is a dream!

Sadly my mantilla is not as nice as Jane Russells, oh that it were, but i do love it. I'm going for a Sicilian widow look with lots of black this winter, so it will be perfect!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21