Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

BananaBomb

New in Town
Miss Golightly those dresses are darling. I love that they are all bright colours too.

I recently splurged on these pieces:

A train make up made by Jetliner Luggage:
DSC06415.jpg

DSC06414.jpg

DSC06417.jpg

A pin that I was given for free with my other purchases:
DSC06428.jpg

DSC06426.jpg

And a muff:
DSC06438.jpg

DSC06447.jpg

With fetal lamb fur on the back:
DSC06443.jpg

wahine

Practically Family
Lovely sandals Wahine!
They arrived yesterday and they don't fit! I think I'll just give up getting shoes online, this happened the fourth or fifth time to me now.

Miss Golightly, your recent purchases are magnificent as usual (I love your taste!). Esp. the dressing table pieces are wonderful and they look as in perfect condition?!

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
BananaBomb - thank you! I love your finds - the travel case is gorgeous and looks in immaculate condition too.

Mrs Chaddsley-Corbett - thank you too!

Wahine - so sorry to hear about your shoes - they are the one thing that I am reluctant to buy online as you just don't know with the sizes. I can't wait for the dresser set to arrive - apparently it's in mint condition - let's hope it makes it over in the post from the UK in one piece!!!!!!!!!

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
I really hope these fit *fingers crossed*- H by Halston shoes - so sparkly!!!!!!

2359.jpg

2359A.jpg

This red linen dress from Saks which is a perfect fit (so nice to not have to get alterations done for a change!) - I like the little bow at the back:

il_570xN_260002788.jpg

il_570xN_260008341.jpg

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
If they don't, they're my size, so I'd be glad to take them off your hands :D They're exquisite!!

Thanks C-Dot - I'll let you know how I get on! :) I have a few shoes in different US sizes - 8, 8.5 and 9 so I'm praying that they are "my" 8.5!!!!!!!!

Well, they arrived this morning (that was quick!) and they are a perfect fit (sorry C-dot!) - really comfy with some nice toe cleavage!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

blendra

New in Town
This is my latest Ebay treasure. I can't wait to see it in person! When I saw "Philippines 1945" painted on it, I knew it had historic importance. That was an important year for the Philippines, because it was at the tail end of WWII, and the Philippines had been ground zero in much of that war, suffering numerous war atrocities. I googled it and learned that the Philippines was liberated from Japanese occupation by the Allies in August 1945, and it took some time after that for the remaining Japanese troops to be convinced they had lost the war. This hat looks like something the natives made for tourists, but there obviously weren't any tourists going there before the war ended there. I think this hat was made to celebrate the liberation. I believe some American GI brought this back home from the war. I may never know for sure but my theory is as likely as not, given the circumstances.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/350485435442?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2648

Last edited:

NataliaLaGata

New in Town
After a few weeks of serious longing and searching craigslist, I happened upon this Vanity at a local charity resale shop. After "hinting" a few times to my husband about it, a few days later he called me from his office to tell me we would be picking it up after work. Only $30! Now I'll be on the hunt for a matching chair or stool. :)

IMG-20110823-00003 by natalialagata, on Flickr

I first used it today while getting ready for a job interview, doing my make-up and flat ironing my hair. I don't know how I ever got ready without it. It is so nice to have everything I need in reach, put on a record and doll myself up at the mirror. I set up stacked hatboxes and and a 50s jewelry box on one side and the other tables covered in purple sheer fabric with a gold tassled table runner for my record player and vintage japanese jewelry boxes. Underneath I put my Train Case, which now holds my scarves, belts, and a few hair things (until my next adventure ;). I'm in love with it and it makes me feel like little birds will come help me dress in the morning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo