Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Lorelai99

One of the Regulars
Lorelai99, yes it's typical. And, can you believe it, the next day I went to a second hand store where I also found a carton of stockings! Unfortunately the color of these wasn't really wearable. I haven't found any in years, and now two dozens in two days!
I'm thinking of taking the "new new" ones back to the store. On the other hand, it's one of two shops in town which sell affordable stockings. If they decide to cancel them, it might be a good idea to have a large stack at home...

Miss G, those remind me of scarabs, which I love.

I would have to say that having a large stack is better then going to get dresses and finding you only have one pair left and that pair has snags... I speak from experience... very recent experience!! I don't wear vintage all the time as it's not managable in my job as I'd be burning and tearing clothing all the time and basically having a nervous break down and last time I went to get dresses I did found no stockings but a pair with a tear... so I vote for keeping them as eventually you will wear them!!!

Bluebird Marsha

A-List Customer
I had an "unfortunate" Sunday, and my friends suggested kitten hugging, wine drinking, and shopping as a pick-me-up. Kittens were hugged, wine is being drunk, and this what I bought today. A bakelite ring box and a hat pin:
IMG_0366.jpg

A couple of Hall refrigerator containers. I think Westinghouse gave these away with the purchase of a refrigerator.
IMG_0365.jpg

Last edited:

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
I had an "unfortunate" Sunday, and my friends suggested kitten hugging, wine drinking, and shopping as a pick-me-up. Kittens were hugged, wine is being drunk, and this what I bought today. A bakelite ring box and a hat pin:
IMG_0366.jpg
Hope you're feeling better, Marsha! It sounds like you know the antidote to the blues (kitten hugging!!). I didn't know ring boxes existed, do they look like ordinary boxes inside?

Bluebird Marsha

A-List Customer
I'm feeling much better (just sister drama nonsense: never should have accepted her "friend" request on Facebook. Oops! ) thank you. I'll put another pic up tomorrow, but if you search Etsy for bakelite ring box, you'll see a nice selection. They typically have room for one ring, and the inside is padded in either velvet or satin to keep the ring in place. Most of them are in white or a pastel shade, and they seem to have been made 1920's-1950's.

katiesparkles

One of the Regulars
Glad you're feeling better Marsha! :)

The Mister & I were making our way to Target earlier and I talked him into stopping at Savers. I bought a few little things including.... this dress!!!
I am SO in love it! Usually I'm not even close to being lucky at thrifting, but this was such a score at $5,99! It's not "real" vintage, I assume it's an 80s does 40s if not 90s does 40s but I just love, love, love it! :) YAY SAVERS! I need to upload my other finds tomorrow!

img0278js.jpg

img0274hcu.jpg

Retro_GI_Jane

One of the Regulars
Just a couple of things today. I have others I picked up over the weekend but I haven't had the chance to take pictures!

Bobby pin box with the pins still in them (not quite a pound of them though but enough for me to use!) I actually think these feel stronger than "modern" pins I have purchased though the lacquer on them comes off a little more easily.

6857660010_b97aa7bfb3_z.jpg

6857657158_008168d3b8_z.jpg

And these pin curl clips, both full boxes! The clips are flat, I'm thinking I could sleep on these better than the modern ones I have that have are more L-shaped and stick out from the head more.

7003772303_6f6aed2577_z.jpg

Last edited:

Kate O Potato

A-List Customer
Gorgeous! We've been after something similar for our flat for ages. We just missed out on a gentleman's wardrobe recently, complete with drawers labelled 'handkerchiefs', 'ties' and 'shirts' :)

Miss Tuppence

A-List Customer
Ah- a gentlemen’s wardrobe is on my wish list! I love the labelling- but who on earth needs a shelf just for handkerchiefs? I like to think the separate labelled shelves would make me an organised and tidy Miss…. but I doubt it! My favourite kinds of G wardrobes are the ones with the glass fronts to the shelves/drawers- simple things! :eek:

Ada Vice

One of the Regulars
I used to have a walnut veneer wardrobe with the hats label, had to give it away when I moved!

That wardrobe's cute, but I'd check auction houses for wardrobes like that as imo that style of very heavy furniture is not that popular to many these days. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points