Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Lottie said:
:eek: You sure do have a nice hubby. They're lovely.
I just ordered my first pair of remixes- they were 50% off, in my size (e.g. huge :D) *and* match my hair colour:

41OPRQtDWnL._AA300_.jpg

Now let's hope they fit!
They'd be so perfect for summer...

I too have eyed these Lottie...let us know how they are! Sooo pretty! ;)
X
BD

swinggal

One Too Many
Bought this relatively cheaply at a vintage market on the weekend. Late to mid 30s chocolate brown crepe dress with a satin 'sash' (for want of a better word). The sleeves have a lovely satin cuff and stitching detail. Fits me too!

It is actually nicely fitted at the waist (which isn't very evident here) and has a belt. The belt however looks odd on because the sash is off to the left of the dress and when you wear the belt, with it's centered buckle, it throws the whole look off - well, for me it does. Funny because the belt had an 80s piece of goldy aweful 'bling' tacked lightly onto it so the owner assumed it was an 80s dress! Took me all of 3 seconds to remove the bling and you'd never know it was even on the belt to begin with!

The neck sip has perished a bit (teeth falling off) so i need to replace it).

IMG_0104.jpg

IMG_0109.jpg

crwritt

One Too Many
I bought three panels of this cotton print, it says circle skirt or full skirted dress to me. I got it at the recently opened Marden's in South Portland, ME. They have a crazy selection of fabric, anyone in the area should check it out.

35774_1139325060348_1744062716_262288_6728148_n.jpg

Marla

A-List Customer
NOS "College Town" trousers. Rayon/Dacron blend. $5--the seller didn't think these would sell at a higher price because of the small size!

4702405924_8bd5890a59.jpg

These were made with two contrasting colors of thread, brown and green. I guess whomever made these was too lazy to change the spool!lol

4701768013_0b5c4b75fb.jpg

crazydaisy

Practically Family
Wow Marla those trousers are amazing. Why don't I come across people that sell stuff so cheaply just because it's small - what a dream would that be :) !

Swinngal that dress is gorgeous, what a beautiful colour and detail!

This is my latest purchase, it is pink not coral as it looks here, more pics at http://acatamongthepigeons.blogspot.com/

4705496671_7e559a9457_b.jpg

swinggal

One Too Many
crazydaisy said:
Wow Marla those trousers are amazing. Why don't I come across people that sell stuff so cheaply just because it's small - what a dream would that be :) !

Swinngal that dress is gorgeous, what a beautiful colour and detail!

This is my latest purchase, it is pink not coral as it looks here, more pics at http://acatamongthepigeons.blogspot.com/

4705496671_7e559a9457_b.jpg

Thanks CrazyD. I love your dress. The Pussy Bow is so cute.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Marla said:
NOS "College Town" trousers. Rayon/Dacron blend. $5--the seller didn't think these would sell at a higher price because of the small size!

These were made with two contrasting colors of thread, brown and green. I guess whomever made these was too lazy to change the spool!lol

Wowee! Lucky you! Nice find!

Jezebel_Amazon

One of the Regulars
Adorable! I really love red and white together for some reason! <3

I've been looking for a nice off white dress with red roses everywhere. :/

dandelion-vint said:
I got this in the mail Monday, washed and hemmed it and wore it Tuesday!

!Bu)yL6wEWk~$(KGrHqQOKiIEvOQcc,46BMBtnmD2gw~~_12.JPG

swinggal

One Too Many
Got this lovely 30s gown yesterday. Made with two different fabrics which is interesing. I keep wondering if it was another gown that was added to later. Oh well, I like the cut of it anyway.

DSCF9483.jpg

DSCF9486.jpg

LollyWillowes

New in Town
Fabulous

I do like that frock, very vintage and glam.

I haven't got a picture of my latest find but I have bought a sweet handbag and gloves set from e bay. Was really surprised that nobody bid against me. Bag is black satin with embroidered roses and black leather gloves with same. From the shape of them I would say, 50's, late 40's maybe.
A little repair on the back of one by the wrist, someone loved them and perhaps were her only good things. Even if they don't fit they will make a lovely display with my old bags.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
swinggal-You find the greatest dresses.

I am trying not to buy any patterns for a while. I got some really cute buttons on etsy. I am in love with the cherries though I usually stay away from novelty buttons.
il_430xN.145485479.jpg

il_430xN.145157403.jpg

il_430xN.146056960.jpg

crwritt

One Too Many
Marla said:

Where did these come from? I swear I saw the same pair on a rack somewhere and they look so familiar, right down to the College Town label, Icky green stitching and tiny size.

swinggal

One Too Many
hailey greenhat said:
Absolutely beautiful dresses (im in love with this last one), but where do you wear them? I can't think of a place would want to out of fear of them dying on me whilst out >_<

Surprisingly, most are very robust and very well made, especially the heavier crepes and quality rayons. There are some pieces I don't wear often as they are more precious and the fabric is thin and fragile (mainly vintage silk garments) but most are very durable. Most have to be dry cleaned or hand washed though.

Most of the vintage jackets I have, I've been wearing out and about and to work for year and years. Things were just made better back then. I know there are three that I've been wearing in winter now for 10 years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner