Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
cute hats! I can't wait to do more shopping! After trying on some dresses and seeing how cute they looked...slowly but surely I want to wear vintage daily

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Thanks! You and me both... but I don't think I will get fully into vintage. I think I will focus more on making my own clothes from vinatge patterns. Even then I don't think I want to go solely with vintage material. As nice as that would be, I don't think it would be practical for me. Besides, this will help me cordinate my hats with my outfits better... I can just make a dress to match the hat! My Mommie, however did buy me this cute vintage material that I hope to make a nice dress from. I have the pattern picked out already.

Now, if I was a million-gazillionaire I would definately have a full vintage wardrobe! :)

mysterygal said:
cute hats! I can't wait to do more shopping! After trying on some dresses and seeing how cute they looked...slowly but surely I want to wear vintage daily

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
so far, the sewing machine is a little scary...the problem of never working one of those :rolleyes: luckily, a good friend of mine does excellent work...I've never asked her to make anything for me....yet...I think the day has arrived to start looking at patterns :)

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
I don't know how to sew well either... In fact I usually end up jimmy-rigging most of my clothes and having the seams unfinished. I suppose I should take more time on them... practice makes perfect...[huh]

shoeshineboy

Practically Family
i wished all of you ladies lived near me. My grandmother, 92, just quit sewing about 5 years ago. She was excellent. She still drives to church and the grocery store, though.

(She got started before WWII in the Stix-Rice factory in Farmington, MO. She was a seamstress. I don't remember what they made during the war, but I know they made casual shirts. So if come across a label that says Stix-Rice-it was made in my back yard)

Anyway, she has taught so many people how to sew. She knows all of those fashions by heart, too.

mark the shoeshine boy

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
Marc, she sounds wonderful....I figure in a couple of years I'll start looking into making my own clothes, but it is nice going for the already made ones

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Mark, your Grandmother sounds lovely! Now I wish I was closer too! I would love to learn how to sew well!

~Lolita

mysterygal said:
Marc, she sounds wonderful....I figure in a couple of years I'll start looking into making my own clothes, but it is nice going for the already made ones

mandolynn

New in Town
http://www.daddyos.com/retro/j05.html

I just splurged and bought this. Not exactly vintage, but vintage repro, which is always nice because I'm afraid to wear real vintage often. I had been looking at it for almost a month (and drooling might I add). I figure, hey, I need something nice to wear to graduation, so it's worth it. Haha.

decodoll

Practically Family
Very pretty dress, Mandolynn. I really like that it has the belt too.

I won this yesterday....I really need to take a break from ebay....lol lol

It's actually a dress made to look like a suit.
ray0.JPG

J

jp*81

LolitaHaze

I am glad to see I am not the only one who calls my mother "Mommy". My husband makes fun of me everytime I say it. I am so used to calling her that, anything else sounds strange.[huh]

My Mommie...

:eek:fftopic:

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
What cute dresses! Decodoll, I love alll the little details and it looks like it's in amazing condition!

Here's my latest:
141385912.jpg

141385919.jpg

I'm going to make a cute little 40's tie top halter to go with it for summer :D

JustJen

Familiar Face
fortworthgal said:
I was watching that and I did bid on it, but my max wasn't very high so I didn't expect to win. How funny! It is a lovely dress and will be nice for summer. I'll look forward to seeing it in use!

Hey there! Whereabouts in Fort Worth are you? I'm in the Keller/North Haltom City area. Any good vintage shops in town that you know of?

BTW, if it's any consolation, the dress needed some repairs...lol. I'm pretty good at sewing so I'm hoping I'll get it in shape quickly. Sadly, I had to go to Payless Shoe store to p/u some yellow espadrilles to wear with it. I can't find any affordable ones anywhere! lol

Jen

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Hi! I'm kind of in west Fort Worth - the Ridglea Hills area up behind Ridglea Country Club. I know of a couple vintage hideouts! I'm hoping to organize a vintage shopping trip with ITG (she lives in Arlington) so maybe we could plan to hit some of the shops one afternoon? I'd love to have a vintage shopping partner! And I've been dying to hit Bon Ton.

My most recent ebay finds have been a complete Army Nurse Corps seersucker uniform - jacket, shirt, pants, and cap, and this little gem, which I won for under $25!!!

x3cz9w.jpg

JustJen

Familiar Face
Ooooo, great find!! I am so up for a little excursion! Let me know if you and ITG wouldn't mind a third wheel for the excursion. I usually don't have too much time to venture out to brick and mortar stores so anytime I get the opportunity to plan, DH just can't say no..lol.

Jen

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Well, I haven't heard back from ITG but I'm up for it anytime you are! The only thing is that I'm a reenactor and we have a LOT of events coming up in the next couple weeks. Are you going to the NAS Airshow May 13-14? I'll be there with my group!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80