Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

LinaSofia

A-List Customer
I have a bit of a bakelite obsession going on at the moment... and I'd been watching these amazing hoop earrings for weeks (buy-it-now ones) on ebay but not gone for it, and when I realised they'd been sold I got so sad that I went and bid and won these! They're not as nice as the other ones I wanted, but hey ho!

safe_image.php

wahine

Practically Family
Miss Golightly, I'm totally envious about that cabinet! Please let us know in what condition it arrives and maybe post some more pics once you have it at home. Congrats for that wonderful piece!

I Adore Film Noir

A-List Customer
Kate O Potato - thank you - I was on the lookout for one for ages but they tend to go for bonkers money here (I'm talking about a couple of thousand Euros for a French one in perfect condition) - I was so sure we wouldn't get it. Your new flat sounds heavenly - I would love, love, love to live in an Art Deco home - you lucky thing!

Eva Moriskova - thank you! I have some scratch cover at the ready - think it will need it!

I Adore Film Noir - do you know I had to look up who Nick and Nora Charles are - terrible I know! I have only seen around 10 minutes of one Thin Man movie - must get around to seeing more!

You're in for a treat. They're in sequence:

The Thin Man (1934)
After The Thin Man (1936)
Another Thin Man (1939)
Shadow of The Thin Man (1941)
The Thin Man Goes Home (1944)
Song of the Thin Man (1947)

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
You're in for a treat. They're in sequence:

The Thin Man (1934)
After The Thin Man (1936)
Another Thin Man (1939)
Shadow of The Thin Man (1941)
The Thin Man Goes Home (1944)
Song of the Thin Man (1947)

Thank you very much for that - I will now add them to my Amazon wishlist!

My husband took me to Kildare Village and treated me to some lovely (although not vintage) items:

These LK Bennett shoes I was after for ages:

LKBennettFlori.jpg

And this lovely water repellent DKNY trench coat:

DKNYtrench.jpg

And two classic Petit Bateau Breton Striped tops in green and yellow - I am completely obsessed with Breton stripes - and stripes in general - I would guess that I have currently around fourteen or more striped tops/cardi's in my wardrobe - so far.....

PetitBateau.jpg

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Good to know. This is one from a seller that had like 5 listed from '33 to '38 in varying degrees of condition. This one was the ONLY one that went over $20 (barely!). I got two of them, so Im super excited.

I need to count the catalogs I have. I think Im nearing 20 now!

LD

Lindabelle

One of the Regulars
You certainly are in for a treat! I couldn't begin to count how many times I've watched the Thin Man series. Its only recent movies I seem to have trouble watching.

Last edited:

wahine

Practically Family
I love the Thin Man, too! Nick and Nora are simply so smart, and stylish, and witty, and...
I could kick my own a** cause I didn't get the collection box soon enough. It was around 30 Euro, and now it's 200! Well, I guess I'll just have to get the British version. Still, this is annoying :(

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family
I love the Thin Man, too! Nick and Nora are simply so smart, and stylish, and witty, and...
I could kick my own a** cause I didn't get the collection box soon enough. It was around 30 Euro, and now it's 200! Well, I guess I'll just have to get the British version. Still, this is annoying :(

Kick yourself not - the British version is much much cheaper than that (from about £12 at the moment - I had a peek on Amazon 'cause I was shocked when I saw the price you just wrote there!) and a great bargain for all of those films together. I love my set!

wahine

Practically Family
Kick yourself not - the British version is much much cheaper than that (from about £12 at the moment - I had a peek on Amazon 'cause I was shocked when I saw the price you just wrote there!) and a great bargain for all of those films together. I love my set!

I know the British version is sold at a very reasonable price. The only bad thing about it is that I'd like to watch the movies with my boyfriend whose English is not that good and he never saw the movies before. Since there are some puns and wordplay, you need to understand English well to get the jokes... I'm still thinking but I guess I'll get the British box.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy