Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Odalisque

A-List Customer
Circle skirt from the 80's- I think it does a really good job of looking 50's. And it's got sequins! :)

IMG_2924.jpg

Lusty Haze

New in Town
Went to a fabulous shop yesterday called The Forties Room and I managed to get myself a 1940's red suit with fur collars and cuffs, a pair of crocheted gloves and the most gorgeous 40's felt hat, in a lovely stone colour!

Pictures will come soon hehe.

Moira, omg, that skirt is divine!!!!

Drappa

One Too Many
Ooh, how was it? They also sell on Ebay and I am always drooling over their dresses.
Went to a fabulous shop yesterday called The Forties Room and I managed to get myself a 1940's red suit with fur collars and cuffs, a pair of crocheted gloves and the most gorgeous 40's felt hat, in a lovely stone colour!

Pictures will come soon hehe.

Moira, omg, that skirt is divine!!!!

Miss G, you are a virtual walking garden! Lovely print.

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Beth & Drappa - thank you!

Odalisque - thank you and I know what you mean about the 24" waist - I hate when I see a skirt and love it only to discover it has a 22" or 24" waist. I can just about squeeze into a 25" but no way am I getting into a 24" - that pesky extra inch!!!!!!!

I went slightly mad shopping in NYC - lots of shoes and scarves (and my lovely husband treated me to some pretty things from Tiffany & Co) so will try to post some pics later - no joy on the vintage front though - went to one store (whose owner wrote a book about vintage a couple of years ago) - was quite far to go to get there from Manhattan and when I walked in the door I knew straight away I would find nothing - loads of 80's stuff - very disappointing - I was looking forward to going there for years.

Miss sofia

One Too Many
OOh welcome back Miss G, glad you had nice hols, disappointing about the vintage store though, i hate it when you have set your heart on going somewhere and it's a total anti-climax! Glad you made up for it with lots of shoes and scarves though. Can't wait to see some pics! x

Miss Sis

One Too Many

The Forties Room sellers also sell at alot of Living History shows in the UK. Some of their prices are quite high - or at least they used to be! Now some of them seem like real bargains compared to what I see stuff going for on Etsy, etc. I used to buy alot of stuff from them when I did more 1940s Living History.

I would say, just check over any item carefully before you buy if you see them in person, just as you would any vintage item from anywhere. I bought a dress that I adored and when I got it home the skirt was paper thin in parts. I hadn't noticed because of the busy print. Had to get busy with the iron on interfacing to keep it together. :(

Miss Tuppence

A-List Customer
^Sproily- where on earth do you find such lovely shoes that are in such good condition!!! Ha, you don’t have to answer that- just venting my frustration. It seems to me at the moment all my favourite shoes are either falling apart or have ‘issues!:confused: Ah well, comes with the territory of owning old stuff I guess. T x

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Here are some of the items I got in NYC - sorry the pictures are so poor:

Classic Chanel two-tone pumps:

Image0333.jpg

Ralph Lauren slingbacks (surprisingly comfortable):

Image0336.jpg

Badgley Mischka shoes (needed a new pair of dressy black shoes):

Image0340.jpg

Two Moschino scarves - these are so long they cover the end of my bed with some more to spare!:

Image0341.jpg

Image0342.jpg

My lovely husband got me these earrings and necklace from Tiffany & Co:

untitled.jpg

imagesCA0DCJJZ.jpg

And I got this off Etsy last night:

il_570xN_250274850.jpg

Miss sofia

One Too Many
I love those slingbacks, are they linen, with raffia? Mind you the pumps are pretty hot too, i love a two-tone shoe and the Chanel ones are so versatile and classic.

You have your husband well trained, what a lovely set jewellery! I love bows!

That's my shopping fix for today, thanks Miss G!

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Thanks Miss Sofia! Yes - the slingbacks are linen and raffia (raffia is kind of hard to clean isn't it?) so I hope they won't get dirty! I tried to send you a PM but your box is full!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot