Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Retro_GI_Jane

One of the Regulars
Jannie, I'm adoring your seamed stockings...they look great with your new skirt!

Cute cateyes, Miss Golightly...I've been forever looking for a pair myself ever since I used to own a pair of vintage yellow ones with rhinestones in the corners (that sadly I think my mom gave away when I graduated school and moved out. :( ).

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Cute cateyes, Miss Golightly...I've been forever looking for a pair myself ever since I used to own a pair of vintage yellow ones with rhinestones in the corners (that sadly I think my mom gave away when I graduated school and moved out. :( ).

Thank you! The cats eye is a gentle one if you know what I mean - not too pronounced (if they were they would look pretty hideous on me - that style does nothing for me at all!).

That's such a shame about your pair of shades - some things practically need to be glued down to stop people from throwing them out (my brother just threw out a vintage 1950's radio from our attic the other week - it was a wedding gift to my parents - to say I was livid was an understatement) - I hope you find a nice replacement soon!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Picture5-1.png

I've wanted a V for Victory brooch for a while, and i like how abstract this one is. It *might* be bakelite, but I'm not sure. I'll have to look it over once I get it.

Yay!!!

LD

Jannie

New in Town
Jannie, I'm adoring your seamed stockings...they look great with your new skirt!

Thank you so much...! The stockings come from Magnolia—I don't think I know of modern stockings that come closer to the vintage ideal than Magnolia's.

HepKitty

One Too Many
got this a while ago for $16. it looks easy enough to make and I have some buckram but does anyone know how they got it so stiff? or if they used something else? oh, and does anyone know how to wear the net? thank you

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Lovely cap Hepkitty. Good to see you back. I have missed your recipes!

I believe the net should be worn over the face. Or at least the top part of your face, so it covers your eyes and looks alluring and mysterious!! I assume that you can adjust it to how you desire and then use those little clippy bits to pin it back onto the side of the cap so it stays put?

HepKitty

One Too Many
hello Miss Sofia! I miss you too :) I threw together a fabu hot crab dip a couple days ago, I'll post the recipe in the favorites thread

yeah the question is where does it clip? the ends are really long and I don't see any parts on the cap itself to attach to, so I'm confused. but that's easy for a blonde I know lol

got this a couple weeks ago, so cute my kids asked for it and I confessed to them that I wanted it too. so for all of $2, we were all happy

Last edited:

Miss sofia

One Too Many
The words 'hot' and 'crab' have sent my pulse racing!! If ever a match was made in heaven!! Actually i had a fantastic bowl of crab and tomato soup in a restaurant the other day, but the bugger wouldn't give me the recipe, sorry, the proprietor....

How curious about you not being able to find the bits for attaching the clippy bits to your hat. I assumed the bits on the side were to clip it to the hat. It's difficult, obviously, without me being able to handle the thing. Does it have some attachments inside? Or perhaps can they attach to the little studs that are dotted all over the hat? I'm stumped, i hope some of the more knowledgeable ladies can help you out. It's a cute hat though.

The donkey is to die for btw. I'm a sucker for a novelty figurine myself!

xx

I Adore Film Noir

A-List Customer
got this a while ago for $16. it looks easy enough to make and I have some buckram but does anyone know how they got it so stiff? or if they used something else? oh, and does anyone know how to wear the net? thank you

Miss sofia is correct, the veil goes over the eyes and I think the ends of the net are tied in a casual, easy knot at the back of your head. Or tuck them under the edges of the hat in the back.

Faith Rudd

New in Town
I got married a few weeks ago and we got a number of presents in the form of cheques and the like. Seeing as we didn't need anything, my husband and I basically just decided to spend the money on ourselves. Perhaps we ought to have saved it...?

il_570xN.290493741.jpg

40s earrings

il_570xN.258790943.jpg

Lovely white blouse

il_570xN.286961487.jpg

Adorable red dress

il_570xN.284052306.jpg

My bombshell knock-out noir-esque dress :D

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Faith - I think you were right to treat yourselves with your weddings gifts - why not? It's the one time I think you should and not worry or feel guilty about it - just think of buying those lovely things as the gifts you received! So many beautiful finds there - love the colour of the stones in the earrings and that black dress is indeed a knock-out!

I got a few dresses off Etsy:

A Kay Windsor dress - doesn't look great on the mannequin but have a feeling it's going to be lovely on:

il_570xN_227755227.jpg

A Shannon Rodgers dress:

il_570xN_268256031.jpg

A Parnes Feinstein dress - so vibrant:

il_570xN_247722522.jpg

And this feelgood orange Georgee Originals dress:

il_570xN_279023743.jpg

Miss sofia

One Too Many
MMM, me too, it's to die for! Yep, spill the beans!

Miss G - lovely buys as always. I agree, i bet the first dress will look stunning on. Is that little rhinestone buttons round the waist? I love all the other dresses too, i love the style of the blue one, plus i think the burnt orange and the yellow are just divine. I love that late fifties, early sixties shape of shift dresses, it's so flattering and stylish.

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Another good buy Faith!

Thank you Paul and Miss Sofia! Yes, those are little rhinestone buttons on the Kay Windsor dress - I love that late 50's early 60's style too - I think it suits my shape best. In fact I have decided to put my circle skirts into retirement and stick with a straighter shape as it were.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy