Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Vanessa Anne

Familiar Face
Daisy - can I have your wardrobe?

Daisy - I am amazed at the stuff you fine on e-bay. I really need to start thinking out of the box when it comes to search words.

I also figured out this weekend that even though I am doing a world wide search on UK e-bay it does not bring up half of what the same search will on the American e-bay.

I don't know why - you would of thought a world wide search would bring up everything, everywhere on e-bay with the same title/discription.

By the way Daisy, if you ever feel the need to sell off that cream coloured, beaded cardigan please consider me - I love it and I want it!;)

Sunny

One Too Many
Daisy Buchanan said:
More awesome ebay wins, I'm on a roll!! I've won everything I've bid on today! I'm really into the knit dresses/outfits lately. They are just so incredibly comfortable, and can be dressed up or worn more casual depending on the accessories. I'm thrilled about the fruit necklace. I did go a bit over my planned on price, but I just couldn't pass it up. Honestly, I really didn't think I'd win it, I was expecting it to go even higher. But, it's that lucky warm weather everybody's out taking advantage of, so I'm taking advantage of their absence! I'm waiting on a few more auctions, so hopefully my luck will hold out!:)
perrycrochetwfro.jpg

Aah, Daisy, you're lucky we don't have the same coloring! I adore knit dresses and I saw both the cream-colored one and the salmon-colored one. I have to wear white, not cream, and I'm a pink person, not peach or salmon. I really like the salmon crocheted one, though - that 1930s flare to the skirt is wonderful. *jealous* lol

Meggan_Lane

Familiar Face
Daisy Buchanan said:
More awesome ebay wins, I'm on a roll!! I've won everything I've bid on today! I'm really into the knit dresses/outfits lately. They are just so incredibly comfortable, and can be dressed up or worn more casual depending on the accessories. I'm thrilled about the fruit necklace. I did go a bit over my planned on price, but I just couldn't pass it up. Honestly, I really didn't think I'd win it, I was expecting it to go even higher. But, it's that lucky warm weather everybody's out taking advantage of, so I'm taking advantage of their absence! I'm waiting on a few more auctions, so hopefully my luck will hold out!:)
perrycrochetwfro.jpg

I think I saw the dress on ebay. Gorgeous! Nice buy

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks again Ladies! Compliments from ladies with such impeccable taste mean a lot to me:)
I'm still waiting for a lot of things to arrive. I must admit, I keep having to look at my MyEbay page to check up on things. It's getting a bit hard to keep track of what I'm still waiting for. That's never a good sign:eek:
I went to the local vintage store tonight with Hemingway Jones to look at some suits for him. I just went to look, and promised myself I wouldn't buy anything. But, the beautiful Edwardian/Titanic era gown that the owner, Bobby, found for me and was having some work done on was ready, so I had to buy that. Then he pulled out the greatest black rayon belted jacket with the coolest peplum, and I just couldn't pass it up. I also got a lovely blue and white floral dress with bakelite and rhinestone buttons. It was actually a really good deal, but the gown really set me back. But I had already committed to purchase it and it is one of a kind, incredible black sequined gown with a train. I will have to ask Hemingway Jones if he will take some pics for me, it's truly out of this world and I can't believe I finally own an actual Edwardian gown. It looks as though it was right out of "Titanic". I'm thrilled about it. Can't wait for the next Queen Mary so I have an excuse to wear it.

Kimberly

Practically Family
I found this 60's or so vintage dress and matching coat and had to get it just for the coat which is going to look fabulous with a pair of jeans this upcoming winter. I have this bizarre obsession with coats and own approx. 20 vintage ones and can never seem to control myself around them.

The cost for both was $15.00! :eusa_clap

Here is the dress that is too big for me. :rolleyes:

redwooldress.jpg

Here is the matching princess coat that looks adorable on (the manni doesn't do it justice, I have to assemble my adjust-o-matic who has more curves than my manni)

Princesscoat.jpg

I am in need of costume jewels so decided to spend some extra time in that section. I also have a jeweled parrot broach that I forgot to include in the photo. One of the broaches are signed so I am going to have to do some investigating on it. My favorite is the chilli pepper. :D

costumejewels.jpg

Lastly some shoes. I was so bummed out because they had a pair of vintage insired brown peep toe shoes with brown rose buds at the toe and they were too big. :(

ShoesOne.jpg

Shearer

Practically Family
Oh, Kimberly, that coat is beautiful. I'm always fawning over coats, but I would be lying if I said I wore one even once in the last two years. Stoopid California! :eusa_doh:

Miss_Bella_Hell

I just bought two NOS slips with short sleeves still in the box! One pink, one white. I don't know what the short sleeves thing is all about but I like the idea! FIFTY CENTS! Under $5 with shipping.
5418_1_b.JPG

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Great coat Kim! I like the shoes too.. hey, you shoulda bought the other pair and put them in the classifieds, ha! Along with that TOO BIG dress! ;)
Ah, looks simple to take it tho.

Bella, what a STEAL on those slips!! :eusa_clap

Nikki

Kimberly

Practically Family
Before I even think of putting the dress in classifieds, there are a couple of small stains I want to try and see if I can spot clean out. It is hardly noticable, but I am neurotic about stuff like that and this is why I have a closet full of modern clothes that I mean to put on eBay, but don't in fear that I would sell something damaged that I didn't know about. lol

I never thought about putting the shoes on eBay though. I go back on Friday, if they are still there I will buy them! :eusa_clap Oh the possibilities with this. I love to shop period, it wouldn't even matter if I wasn't always shopping for me! lol

Grnidwitch

A-List Customer
Now what do I do

I won a bark cloth jacket from ebay. It arrived and the size is very small. I've contacted the seller to ask their return policy. In the mean time, should I have to keep this jacket (I know no one this small except maybe a 12yo), do any of you ladies have suggestions on what I can make from the fabric. Keep in mind, really isn't alot. I'm thinking purse, make up bag, etc. Any other suggestions?

I really loved this fabric. Blue background, cowboy sitting on fence, horses, clouds. So kitchy and so me.

Daisy Buchanan

Great gets ladies!!!!
Kimberly, I have a small ebay store. I pick up things for cheap at the vintage shoppes near me and sell them on the bay. When I was doing a bit of advertising for it I did really well. I've been neglecting it lately, which is bad because now I have all of these clothes that don't fit me that I was supposed to sell just cluttering up my room!:eek: But now that spring is here I think I'll bring my store back to life. I've seen quite a few lovely dresses at a vintage shoppe that I know I could make some money off of on ebay.

I'll have Tim take some pictures of me in the Edwardian gown. If I don't have a chance to have him do it for me I'll just take pics of it without me in it. It really is lovely, and the bead and sequines on it are incredible.

Tough Cookie

One of the Regulars
Daisy, I adore that fruit necklace, seriously. I hope you wear it much--or sell it in your ebay store. :D

Nothing says "warm weather is coming!" better than fruit jewelry, eh?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo