Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
drkfrau said:
Again, at the Reading Airshow I found more goodies! I got an original 40's cigarette case, a pair of original crocheted gloves with little red bows on them and an original 20's nightgown. I had been searching for years for original 40's black stacked heel shoes in my size and finally found them :eusa_clap

Now if I could figure out how to post photos, I show you them all.

Michele

Each person 'hosts' the photos themselves. Places like photobucket.com are helpful and free.

So if that person deletes the picture off their hosting site, as happens with some of the -older- pictures, the photo can no longer be seen here as it links to that site.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
RetroModelSari said:
I´m back from vacation and all I can say is AWWWWWW!!!! The swedish antique-stores really throw out vintage magazines. About 1 $ a piece. I got tons of 20s magazines + a catalogue and a cute mag from the 50s. I´ll probably post some cute scans in the beauty section. Besides that I got a georgous US Auxilary Cape, a beautifull 50s bustier and a yellw skirt (I guess that one is from the 60s, but it´s so cuuute) It paid off for me for sure!!!

Those are great gets Sari:)
Thanks for the info on Sweden. We are looking into booking our annual fall vacation soon, and Stockholm is one of the places we are thinking about. In the research that I have done, and on one of the travel channel shows I was watching, I found out that Stockholm has a lot of vintage shoppes. I couldn't figure out if they sold the things I'm interested in, but it sure sounds like they do!
Welcome Home and congrats on your great gets:eusa_clap

Leilani, that is an incredible price on a beautiful bracelet! Congrats!!

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Pink that floaty gown is lovely, pefect for you and the QM!! Way to go!

Maria great buys! Love the swim suit!

Welcome Drkfrau! Can't wait to see your goodies!
Nikki

exquisitebones

A-List Customer
Sweet Leilani said:
This is my first-ever bakelite bangle. And yes, that is how much I paid! I thought I was seeing things in the thrift store, but no- needless to say I did not let go of it until I was safely out of the store!

100_2161.jpg
there was an estate sale down the road. and my mother in law scored a bakelite bangle for 50 cents!!!
:)

Kimberly

Practically Family
Just checking in to look at all of the pretty purchases. I bought a couple of things this weekend but have not taken pics yet as my allergies have been kiling me and have no energy. I am also getting ready for a wedding this weekend.

Keep up the shopping ladies!

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Klara I love that lamb cardy, too adorable!

Kimberly, I hope you feel better. What are you going to wear to the wedding!?

Nikki

Kimberly

Practically Family
ohairas said:
Klara I love that lamb cardy, too adorable!

Kimberly, I hope you feel better. What are you going to wear to the wedding!?

Nikki

A very pretty 1950's lace dress with tiny silver sequens sprinkled here and there. It is just enough sequens to give it some sparkle without making it goddy. I will be wearing it with a silver choker and vintage bruno magli pump shoes! :eusa_clap

I am already feeling better but am now running around like mad trying to get ready for this wedding which I will be at for four days and out of town.

Sunny

One Too Many
My recent purchases.

Lavender shirt with embroidered butterflies in purple and white.
lilbtrflybls1.jpg
lilbtrflybls3.jpg

New with tag blue slip to go under the blue 1930s knit set.
a704_1.JPG

Lot of patriotic-colored jewelry. One red, white, and blue bead necklace, two navy blue bead necklaces, two pairs of red, white, and blue earrings (one clip and one screw), and one pair of white clip earrings.
redwhitebluelot.jpg

A pink knit dress! I'm in love with these knit dresses. I think because they're nicer for the office than cotton prints, but can feel casual and comfortable anyway.
It went for 7¢ less than my maximum bid. :eek:
PINKKNITDRESS.jpg

Hep Kitten

New in Town
Pink Dahlia said:
Brill, I guess I shouldn't mention that dress was $14.99! :eek:
I don't have the deep pockets either.

Oh my heart's still beating rapid fire! I just won my Pink Dahlia gown. My first formal dress. I'm thinking this will look quite nice on the QM. :D

ac9d_12.JPG

7f9f_12.JPG

Oh yeah, under $50. ;)

:eusa_clap Congratulations, Pink. It is soooo lovely! I do hope you'll take some pictures when you wear it.

Hep Kitten

New in Town
My new wins...

I spent about $60 for all three! :D

3.jpg

This is vintage.

2.jpg

This is repro.

1.jpg

This is going to be a project for me. I thought it had possiblities if I bring up the sleeves and accessorize properly.

Hep Kitten

New in Town
Sunny said:
My recent purchases.

Lavender shirt with embroidered butterflies in purple and white.
lilbtrflybls1.jpg
lilbtrflybls3.jpg

New with tag blue slip to go under the blue 1930s knit set.
a704_1.JPG

Lot of patriotic-colored jewelry. One red, white, and blue bead necklace, two navy blue bead necklaces, two pairs of red, white, and blue earrings (one clip and one screw), and one pair of white clip earrings.
redwhitebluelot.jpg

A pink knit dress! I'm in love with these knit dresses. I think because they're nicer for the office than cotton prints, but can feel casual and comfortable anyway.
It went for 7¢ less than my maximum bid. :eek:
PINKKNITDRESS.jpg

Sunny, that knit dress is gorgeous! What a close call, though!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points