Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
An update on the train case.... I found this info on Charles of the Ritz products and thought you might be interested in it.

"In 1916, coiffeur Charles Jundt took over the Manhattan beauty salon of the New York City Ritz-Carlton hotel. He founded his own cosmetics company in 1919, and in 1926, began marketing beauty products under the name "Charles of the Ritz". Perfume was added to this line in 1927.

In 1953, Charles of the Ritz launched Revenescence, a line of products aimed at ultra-dry skin. This line included cleansers, toners, creams, makeup and body care- essentially an entire range of the same formula. It was immensely successful and still yields high bids when it shows up on EBay to this day. As a deparment store line, it was in its heyday and had a high standing in upper end stores. He was said to have mocked Estee Lauder and her practice of free samples and gifts with purchase, saying "you will never go anywhere in this industry."

more on Charles of the Ritz at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_of_the_Ritz

Cream Revenescence is one of the products in this case, so that would put the case's date to sometime after 1953. Because of the opium-based products in the bottom of the case, I had assumed that it would date earlier than that.

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
Sweet Leilani said:
Here's a pic of the back:
100_2199.jpg

After doing a little research, it appears to be the same type of thing, but I don't know if it's a Coro. It's missing a couple of rhinestones, but I guess I'd get my $2 out of it if I put it up for sale...:D

It looks like it is a duette, possibly separating into fur clips with the little prongs on that I think I see. All duettes are worth looking after whether they are Coro or not. What a great find!

epr25

Practically Family
Well the one that I have is to small for me so totally unflattering. One thing I thought that was cool is the pockets? / peplum thing is kind of reversable. Lace to match the top on one side and silk to match the bottom on the other. I am not sure the correct way to wear it.

CourtneyJordan said:
epr25- That is SO weird. So how does it look on and in person? I hope it is as great as it looks in photographs! If you ever decide to sell it, please let me know!

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Hey! Cool! Thanks for buying my hats! :D

And thanks everyone on the kind words about my fur coat. I can't wait til it gets here so I can give her the once over and see if I can't bring the old girl back to life :)

hotrod_elf

A-List Customer
Not stuff I bought but stuff that given to me

These were at my grandmothers and gave them to me. I love Granny. HAY Now I join the BUTTON Club, right girls?
buttons.jpg

This is what holds the buttons.
tinobuttons.jpg

My mom got this for me b/c it reminded her of me. lol
teatowle.jpg

CourtneyJordan

New in Town
epr25 said:
Well the one that I have is to small for me so totally unflattering. One thing I thought that was cool is the pockets? / peplum thing is kind of reversable. Lace to match the top on one side and silk to match the bottom on the other. I am not sure the correct way to wear it.

I actually just received mine and it is quite a dress. Very form fitting and sexy looking. I like it a lot- very different than stuff I already have. What are you not sure of the correct way to wear? The dress or the pockety peplum thing??

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
timorous me: I love all your purchases!!!! They are so beautifull!!!

KittyT: What a wonderfull book!!! And that case is really a killer! What a great find!

Begin: I love the dress and the hats! They are so cute!

hotrod_elf: Those buttons are cute! And so is this cute embroidery-piece !

Hep Kitten: I can totally feel with you about the dress!

I just received my mags and it turned out they are full with Fotos of "The latest from the Dior-Collection" and some cute quick patterns that you can enlarge and sew them.

Kitty_Sheridan

Practically Family
Kim B....
Arrrghhhhh jealous!!! gaarrrr:D green eyed monster alert!!!!

Love that frock. Is their stuff any good? I keep eyeing it and then thinking 'no, don't do it-your credit card will thank you...lol '
K

Kim_B

Practically Family
Kitty_Sheridan said:
Kim B....
Arrrghhhhh jealous!!! gaarrrr:D green eyed monster alert!!!!

Love that frock. Is their stuff any good? I keep eyeing it and then thinking 'no, don't do it-your credit card will thank you...lol '
K

I can't complain too much - Full price it's a bit spendy for the quality, but when you catch things on sale it's usually worth it. I've been very pleased with their shoes - they're made to fit wider feet, which I really like. I love buying the dresses and skirts there - they fit really well (on me, anyway). The tops with the banded sleeves always fit well too, and they fit comfortably through the bust, which is another problem area I have. Their pencil skirts are very nice. I've got 2 skirts, two dresses, and a pair of shoes and I have no complaints with any of them, FWIW.

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hats from Lauren arrived

Having a few nice vintage things is comforting to me.
9541_1.jpg

Now I know what gals back then meant when they went out to buy a hat to lift their spirits. This week so far has been trying, but I know we're not given more than we can handle. It's not too trivial to say these adorable hats help. Yay!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR