Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

pigeon toe

One Too Many
Just bought this really cute pattern:

9666_1.JPG

I figure I could make an adorable blouse out of the bodice too. When I go home this summer I'm going to learn how to sew for real (finally!).

wowandflutter

New in Town
i just got these sunglasses in the mail today from germany.
they were a reasonably priced ebay find, deadstock 1930s made in france. i'm so excited to finally have some authentic sunglasses !!

glasses.jpg

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
GreyAndWhiteCat said:
Oh!

imoldfashioned,
that pattern for evening dress is just the kinde I have being looking for! I'm feeling a bit forward her, seeing I'm so new to the lounge, but if I can't find a similar one would you mind me maybe asking for a copy in the future?

Hello GreyandWhiteCat,

Welcome to the Lounge! You aren't forward at all, of course I'll be happy to make a copy of that pattern for you. It should arrive in a week or two. Just PM me with your address.

Best,

IOF

pigeon toe

One Too Many
wowandflutter said:
i just got these sunglasses in the mail today from germany.
they were a reasonably priced ebay find, deadstock 1930s made in france. i'm so excited to finally have some authentic sunglasses !!

Those are absolutely stunning on you! You are one lucky gal!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Well it's no match for Wowandflutter's hat (amazing!) but it did only cost $13 at Target. It's pretty much exactly what I need for a car show I'm attending this weekend.

51D7CKBHC1L._SS260_.jpg

ScarletAirelle

New in Town
Love the glasses wowandflutter,
:eek:fftopic: I have been wanting to buy a vintage pair like these but don't know if the round lenses suit my face shape. I have a somewhat triangle face shape (a cross between a square and a round I believe) . I think I read somewhere that certain face shapes should wear certain lense shapes, does anyone know if that's true and if so what shape could I wear.

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I got that compact today and WOW! It's gorgeous.

I got these at Etsy - I've been eyeing them for ages and the seller was having a buy one get one half off:
il_430xN.6770725.jpg

il_430xN.8892094.jpg

And this on thee bay
bd2e_1.JPG

wowandflutter

New in Town
KittyT said:
Well it's no match for Wowandflutter's hat (amazing!) but it did only cost $13 at Target. It's pretty much exactly what I need for a car show I'm attending this weekend.

51D7CKBHC1L._SS260_.jpg

my hat was also an exciting thrift store find for $3, but those sorts of hats are in this year... i also saw some similar ones for not-too-much at forever 21.

thanks for all the compliments ladies !!

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
I purchased a beauty book on ebay and found out unusual things about the writer. Olga Tschechowa was a German actress with russian roots and she was said to be Hitlers favourite actress.

While she seemed to be on good terms with him it she was actually a spy for the Sovjets trying to get information out of him. After the war she tried to start a own theater and since a own beauty salon. The theater wasn´t a hit, but the beauty salon worked fine enough to start a own line of beauty products and a handfull of beauty books.

Sounds pretty much like a Hollywood spy-movie, huh?

Anyway I bought one of her beauty-books and I consider getting a biography of hers since she sounds very interesting.

2b0e_1.JPG

2eb5_1.JPG

31d4_1.JPG

484 pages with hints on beauty, fashion and health.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24