Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Nashoba, great suit! I know what you mean about forking over the dough! Congrats on the contest!
Goldwyn, love the dress and those PINK dishes!! Does the book have good pics?
Lauren, fab pattern.
Mojito, can't wait to see you in that dress!
Viv that is a great hat, love the shape!

Here's a pic of me wearing the dress I got last week, do you think it's too long for me?
Nikki
955531524_a6e8898c3a_b.jpg

Nashoba

One Too Many
Thanks Nikki! I was a bit surprised, I didn't even want to compete. The Arena Director handed me a number after the contest dance and said put it on. Now. I don't argue with that kind of an order lol
I think that dress is just gorgeous and the length looks good to me. Where are you in that picture? That background is just breathtaking!

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
Nikki, The book has wonderful pictures, all sorts of pincurls and sets and comb outs, manicure and pedicure, makeup and all about the skeleton and everything else "inside"
Love your dress it's so pretty , looking at the pattern I'm not sure about taking it up even from the waist it would disrupt the pattern, so I guess just leave it as is, it's so lovely. All that greenery in the background make dry old Las Vegas look very sad.

be_lovely

One of the Regulars
ohairas said:
Nashoba, great suit! I know what you mean about forking over the dough! Congrats on the contest!
Goldwyn, love the dress and those PINK dishes!! Does the book have good pics?
Lauren, fab pattern.
Mojito, can't wait to see you in that dress!
Viv that is a great hat, love the shape!

Here's a pic of me wearing the dress I got last week, do you think it's too long for me?
Nikki
955531524_a6e8898c3a_b.jpg

I think the dress looks darling on you!!!

princessofcandl

One of the Regulars
Well I went to an estate sale and hit the mother load. I got some very chic vintage black kitten heel shoes and a very cute plaid taffetta cocktail skirt. I also picked up two items I thought I'd list on ebay and show you guys first! I went on the last day (you know, where they mark stuff down to move or give to goodwill). I couldn't let them sit there when there was a super home to be found.

I hope this is ok to link here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=180144637288&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=008

and

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=180144638942&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=008

Enjoy!

Mojito

One Too Many
Thanks for the comments on the flapper dress - the burnouts are a bit Nile Green, that classic twenties colour! I bought it at VintageGoddessWear, Laura - the seller dropped the price recently (lovely person to deal with, btw).

I do have a special occasion to wear it on in mind, Goldwyn Girl. A while back I bought a burnout silk velvet dress with chiffon panels for my best friend to wear when we go to Napier's Art Deco festival next year. She's auburn haired, and her dress is in lovely warm autumn tones. I thought it would make a nice contrast if I (with my dark hair) wore a more cool, silvery toned but similar dress. She loves the idea - we may not wait until Napier, as there's a few events coming up. Although I drew the line at wearing it to the local pub, as my toddler niece thought would be a splendid idea when she saw me trying it on just before we went out. "

Nikki, I'd say you looked like you stepped out of a movie in that dress, but the background looks like a movie backdrop! The essence of cool freshness, both you and the scenery.

ShortClara

One Too Many
Wheee!! I adore novelty prints and this one has Egyptian Heiroglyphs!! I love Egyptian themes because I'm obsessed with Amelia Peabody from Elizabeth Peters books - anyone else? I'm over the moon!

dress1.jpg

dress2.jpg

Mojito

One Too Many
I love Ancient Egyptian art and history, Shortclara, and the various periods of Egyptian Revivalism! The dress is absolutely lovely - the portrait it incorporates as a motif is of Tutankhamen and Ankhsenamen, adapted from the design on that beautiful gold and inlaid throne in Tutankhamen's tomb - one of my favourite pieces of Egyptian art. It is in the Amarna style, and is so tender and intimate.

I love the Egyptian revival pieces from the twenties - I have a few that my mother took my to pick out of Antique shops in NY for my 9th Birthday. Lots of bits and bobs around the place, but I'd love to collect some more of the garments influenced by the discovery of Tuthankhamen's tomb.

ShortClara

One Too Many
Thank you for that info, Mojito! Yes, the 20s stuff fascinates me, too. Alas, I do not have any yet. My my silly dress is a start :)

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
Nikki,Goldwyn,and Clara-Very pretty dresses.

Well,now that I've lost the majority of my pregnancy weight I am re-stocking my wardrobe with mostly vintage-inspired pieces.I've really been on a dress kick and I'll have to start stocking some seperates soon.
Here's what I've found so far.

Bright green/white polka dots shirtdress,found at Rave on sale for $4.99
47b7d623b3127cceb8d388b80c3600000025109AbOXLFk0bS

Navy blue shirtdress,found at Forever21 for $7.99
47b7d623b3127cceb8d3889c0c1200000025109AbOXLFk0bS

My 2 splurges:1st dress-Light blue 50s inspired daydress with sailor tie,found at Banana Republic Outlet for $40,2nd-Late 50s inspired Isaac Mizrahi daydress,found at Target.
47b7d623b3127cceb8d388a38d1d00000025109AbOXLFk0bS

47b7d623b3127cceb8d388aa0c2400000025109AbOXLFk0bS

Shoes from Target to go with the Mizrahi and BR dress:
47b7d623b3127cceb8d38971cd5700000025109AbOXLFk0bS

ShortClara

One Too Many
rubyred, I love that target dress! And I gotta say, I love Forever21! I found a thrift F21 dress yesterday, too - a black collared mid-calf wrap which will be so nice to just throw on. And that green? I'm tres jealous!

I got Target platforms with ribbon ties for about $6 last week - they are blowing out cute Summer footwear right now ladies!

Mojito

One Too Many
Goldwyn Girl, I'd love to make the 50s fair if I can - I think I've seen photographs of it from past years in the Collectables & Antiques mags, and it looks like tremendous fun. It's not so much my era, but it is of one of my close mates - I'll check and see if she wants to make a day of it.

Shortclara, here's the chair the motif on your gorgeous dress is based on - you're probably already familiar with it:

http://www.kingtutone.com/queens/ankhesenamun/photos/Ankhesenamen524765.gif

http://www.molon.de/galleries/Egypt/NatMuseum/TutObjects/images01/14 Golden throne.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart