Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Kim_B

Practically Family
Speed Shopping on my Lunch Break

I *finally* bought these...On sale for $7.99
056245_beauty.gif

and hopped on over to Torrid and picked this up in both white with black dots (shown) and white with red dots & red belt (on sale, $15 each):
598034_hi.jpg

*SQUEE!!!!*

epr25

Practically Family
I get this cool stuff and then forget I even have it until I see something that jogs my memory. Crazy!
PolkaDotMeggie said:
What an adorable shirt.... quite perfect!

Mine is tagless. Why have you not worn yours? I hope to mend mine enough to wear it come next summer. AZ is getting cold! (Hehe it was 61 degrees when I woke up this morning)

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
These just arrived in the mail and they're my size so no major pattern adjustment for a change! I'll make the one in the middle first--I'm excited about that one.

cfba_1.jpg

PolkaDotMeggie

A-List Customer
LoneStarCasie, what a perfect idea for a Christmas present for my husband, especially because he is overseas. Now all the more reason to go to California and have pinup-esc pictures taken.

I also purchased a lovely dress. I have yet to post a picture, but I will definately need advise on how to accessorize. It is a navy blue with a small check print.

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
epr25 said:
Check out this Navy WAVES coat I found today. I found it at Salvation Army for $12.99. It's gaberdine wool I would think. It has some small issues, very dirty, some small moth holes on the very edge on the bottom and for some reason someone cut the belt loops off. I don't care though. I think it's awsome. It fits a little like a swing coat. Does anyone know how to date these?

waves1.jpg
[/IMG]

waves2.jpg
[/IMG]

waves3.jpg
[/IMG]

Actually, I sold an identical coat to that on ebay for .99 a couple months ago - my coat was in horrible condition. It's definately a late 30's early 40's coat. If you want to know more, I can go back to my files and see if I had any more info.

Vintage Betty

Daisy Buchanan

Wow you ladies all get such great things!! I haven't been checking in as often as I usually do, but I just looked through about 10 pages of this thread and now I'm green with envy.

Over the past few months I haven't really been buying much vintage, an item here or there, but I was working on building up my modern wardrobe. That is, until last night, when I went a bit crazy on ebay:eek:
Here are the goodies I won last night and today. I don't feel too bad, for I really haven't been buying much of anything lately, and the prices of these items weren't too bad. Although I just realized that I probably don't need 3 burgundy colored dresses! But, they do look totally different....
18.jpg

katylouise

New in Town
My blouse finally came!! I LOVE IT!

40s1.jpg

And I found this gorgeous navy blue linen jacket with paste buttons (by a local company, which makes it even more special!) at a vintage store...it goes with the blouse perfectly! I think I'm going to go vintage button shopping to replace the paste rhinestone buttons, because they're in a bit of a state.

40s2.jpg

40s3.jpg

40s4.jpg

(look @ those asymetrical pockets! I love them!)

Please excuse bathroom mirror photos with messy hair & no make-up! It is 9pm.... :D

Now all I need to find is a skirt, a hat & some shoes and I'm all set for the wedding in 2 weeks!

Daisy Buchanan

Thanks Katie!! I think my recent shopping binge is due to QM stress!! It seems that even though I have piles of vintage clothes, I don't think anything is suitable for that event!!
I love your new blouse and jacket. They are both so beautiful. Is the blouse vintage? I've been looking for something just like that but can't seem to find anything vintage or modern[huh]

katylouise

New in Town
:)

The blouse is vintage, bought it on ebay and the seller listed it as 40s. I'm pretty sure it is both from the shape and also the gorgeous MOP buttons are identical to some 1940s buttons I have still on their card... :)

I've been looking for cute blouses in that shape too! I love the nipped in natural waist, you don't see that too often.

Daisy Buchanan

Rockapin-up said:
Oh Daisy!! you always seem to find such gorgeous dresses, now i'm green with envy ;)

KatyLouise, that blouse and jacket are so lovely.
Thank You Rockapin-up!!

Thanks for the info Katie. I wish that modern blouses came in that style, I'm also a fan of the nipped in waist/ peplum blouse. I found the most beautiful peplum tweed/cashmere suit at Neiman Marcus last week. I swear it was an exact replica of a 40's suit. Unfortunately the jacket was $1,800!!! I didn't even look at the price of the matching skirt!! Just a bit out of my price range!! But, while looking at all the big designer collections I did notice that all of them were using peplums and bias cut skirts, all of their pieces looked right out of the 30's and 40's. Usually it takes about a year for the big designer styles to trickle down to the lower priced places, so I'm hoping that next fall I'll find that perfect vintage inspired suit! I also noticed that the 60's are making a comeback!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic