Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

missmelly

One of the Regulars
zaika said:
Antique show finds:

DSC04802.jpg

DSC04812.jpg

DSC04807.jpg

I'm in love with the brown hat...it's so classic.

Those are great! I bought a hat as well. I'll post a pic as soon as I take one. :eusa_clap

PS

A-List Customer
51R6hFbQLfL._SS260_.jpg

I haven't taken the full vintage plunge yet. I have just a couple items. But I do try to buy more classic pieces that have a vintage-ish feel. The most vintage I wear on a day to day basis is my apron. With two kids under 5 it keeps me clean.

Kari W

New in Town
dandelion-vint said:
Here's a recent ebay purchase that I made for myself. It was unworn with original tag. Pretty wrinkled in the seller's photo, but washed/ironed up nicely. It's a super lightweight cotton, perfect for next Summer.

1789999108_1900fdf87c.jpg

I love this dress. Great find

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
I just won this wool skirt on Ebay! I'm so excited to have found another nice item for my winter collection, which I've been trying to ramp up lately.

hc.jpg

hc3.jpg

Kari W

New in Town
KittyT said:
I just won this wool skirt on Ebay! I'm so excited to have found another nice item for my winter collection, which I've been trying to ramp up lately.

hc.jpg

hc3.jpg

I love this skirt it is soo cute!

Eliza

One of the Regulars
Hello All!

I love fashion - I am so excited to have found this forum! :)

I am playing with different images right now - trying to find my best look..... I just bought this trumpet skirt and I love it! :D

20004995dj6di1.jpg

ETA:
I forgot my new shoes!

51cGUtyDLVL._AA262_.jpg

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
SarahLouise said:
It's a bit of a gamble as they weren't exactly cheap but every similar pair that I've come across have been in tiny sizes. I know vintage shoes are famous for being very narrow though so here's hoping that I can squeeze into them! What size are you? These are a US 8.5. If, unfortunately, they don't fit I'll let you know. Thank you, I love the dresses too. The brown one is perfect for autumn. I've had a bit of luck on US Ebay lately - got to love that exchange rate! ;) You can get some great deals.

I agree it's a gamble but if you don't gamble you don't ever stand a chance of getting a real gem don't you think? I did the same thing recently and sat up till the early hours to bid on a suit 3am!!!! I paid more for it than I would normally risk but it fits like a dream.

I don't think that they would be my size as I'm a UK 4 1/2 so they would probably be too big I think, anyway that's immaterial because bet they are gonna fit you like a dream!:) :)

Wishing you all the best of Ebay luck!!!!!!

Dracca

One of the Regulars
Eliza said:
Hello All!

I love fashion - I am so excited to have found this forum! :)

I am playing with different images right now - trying to find my best look..... I just bought this trumpet skirt and I love it! :D

20004995dj6di1.jpg

ETA:
I forgot my new shoes!

51cGUtyDLVL._AA262_.jpg

Those are both lovely!

Mojito

One Too Many
I was *so* chuffed with this gown when it arrived last night!

I've always had a weakness for velvet, particularly black velvet, but I'd vowed off any more black unless it was spectacular. There was something about this dress that I kept coming back to, although when I showed it to some others in my circle they couldn't quite get why I was so taken with it - one member of the family commented that it was well displayed, and perhaps that had something to do with the je ne sais quoi that I saw in it. At any rate, I was pleased when I won it for a fair bit less than my bid amount.
rhinestonehem.jpg

It's even lovelier in person - fits like a dream, so loose and draped, perfect for my height, and the belt is exactly right. The consensus in the family was "wow!" - I was packed off immediately to look at it in the full length mirror, as they wanted me to see the effect it had on them.

rhinestonehem1.jpg

deelovely

Practically Family
A New Hat!

I posted this over in Hats but thought I would post here too! Broadening my horizons!lol I won this on Ebay and got it yesterday. All I know is that it is from the 1940's. It was designed by Frank Olive New York and named "Frank's Girl". I really like it!

PA310024.jpg

PA310025.jpg

ShortClara

One Too Many
Ooooh I love the ribbon on that and the "flop" it has (there is probably some better work for this, but I don't know what it might be!)

And mojito - wow on the gorgeous velvet number! I live vicariously through you, as I love the 20s style but cannot wear it!

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My new hat

I'm following Dee over from the hat thread, for another re-posting.

Looking forward to getting it and wearing it. What do you think? Not bad for $3.99 if I do say so for a 1930's/1940's hat. :eek: :D

Vintage Betty

132d_1.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran