Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Miss 1929 said:
I have shoes that match already! Black suede with black kid pinstripes, yum. And for a change, the purse hardware isn't gold, thank God.

772f_1.JPG

WARNING:
If you wear this to an event in which I am present, your purse will be stolen -- by me!! I will empty all the contents into your lap and than run franticly to my jalopy with this lovely purse. lol

Vintage Betty

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Vintage Betty said:
WARNING:
If you wear this to an event in which I am present, your purse will be stolen -- by me!! I will empty all the contents into your lap and than run franticly to my jalopy with this lovely purse. lol

Vintage Betty
LOL lol
At least you warned her.

Tinseltown

A-List Customer
This swing style-ish coat in black - Not vintage though.
Without a belt it looks like a proper 50's Swingcoat.
It has lots of fabric... but it looks sligtly more fitted on me than on the model.
Will it work with a beret and bootsies?
MM570_0066_008R_58035.jpg

Miss 1929

The matching shoes are comfy

Vintage Betty said:
Now I just have to hope I run faster than she does...:eek: :D

Vintage Betty

I will catch you! lol lol lol

Zaika, love the coat! I resisted bidding on it and am glad to see it going to a good home!

$ally

One Too Many
Pardon my poor quality shots. This is a 1920s, all silver, "chain-mail", gate-mouth coin-purse that my Grandmother gave me. The pictures don't do it justice.
1934904593_a0aea1d4cc.jpg

The engraved flip-top lid:
1934904735_862ce0cf7c_m.jpg

expanded opening:
1935739710_e3556be96b.jpg

I wish we had a Show Us What You Inherited thread.

M Tatterscratch

A-List Customer
Something For the Sheikh Who Has Everything...

Couldn't resist these. Just got them today, and am wearing them with a gold satin robe with quilted collar and cuffs as I type... Mmm, comfy!

I am the Sheikh of Arabeeeeee...
(you put yo' socks on!)
These shoes belong to meeeeee...
(you put yo' socks on!)

(Yes, I know they're Turkish. Leave me be, I'm having fun.)

T.

60fa_1.JPG

fernande

Vendor
yes I bought it all! actually I bought a great deal more! Egads!

If some of the pieces don't fit, Ill offer them up to my lounge pals!

I buy lots of vintage for photo shoots because I work in the fashion industry- but I never get anything for myself, I thought this was kind of ironic-so I "splurged" over the past few weeks and decided to get my pieces for the fall/winter season.

I definitely dropped some coin- but I probably would have gotten three dresses at a boutique in nyc- for what I spent on my whole lot. this is is always why I'm nuts for vintage and almost everything I own is vintage. (down to the socks and the scanties!) I tend to boutique shop,and do spend probably more than the average gal on clothing, but when I walk into a shop and see a Diane Von Furstenberg vintage-y dress for $350.00, I am always steered back to vintage.
We all know what you can get for $350.00 in vintage! a masterpiece if you're willing to spend it!
I know most of FL's gals would agree.

I just took stock of my vintage wardrobe and wrote down what I thought was missing. (ie. "cute red jacket"- "plaid stuff", "black calfskin shoes", etc ) I set a budget and then went to ebay/some websites/a few shops to see if I could effectively fill in the pieces.

It was quite successful. Most of the items were under $50.00 (at least three were under $20.00!)
a few were not. The cork platforms broke the bank.
the authentic flapper dress was also a little bit of what I'd call an "investment".

satindoll

New in Town
Miss 1929 said:
I have shoes that match already! Black suede with black kid pinstripes, yum. And for a change, the purse hardware isn't gold, thank God.

772f_1.JPG

Fab purse! Let me know if you ever get tired of it. I'll be happy to take it off your hands ;)

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Oooh! I saw those cork platforms at Bloomingdales and lusted after them greatly.

Here's my latest from an estate sale this morning and it fits me like a glove! It's a Fred Perlberg.
plunder08.jpg

plunder09.jpg

plunder10.jpg

fernande

Vendor
Wow Lauren, that is GORGEOUS. I have one Fred myself- beautiful designer- but its not nearly as glamorous as yours, and in that creme-oyster color
my oh my!

The cork platforms I bought are 1940s!!- that was why they broke the bank. I will have to take a little trip to bloomingdales to see their modern "twin"! definately a style that is being re-done- well platform anything really!
I love it. I've always had a thing for highly beautiful, but truly impractical shoes!

Miss_Bella_Hell

Just got this on the bay for $20 (incl. S&H).

plaidskirt.JPG=600

Ladies, I just posted a free pencil skirt with a 26W in classifieds....check it out. It has a broken zipper, cherry red, arrow details.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner