Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

The Shirt

Practically Family
DPD I heart that dress from target- I've had it in my hands numerous times and no cash in pocket. It might be the same one rubyredlocks posted at xmas - just darling.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
The Shirt said:
DPD I heart that dress from target- I've had it in my hands numerous times and no cash in pocket. It might be the same one rubyredlocks posted at xmas - just darling.
Yes it's the same one rubyredlocks has. I like the purple better, but couldn't pass this up. It was 75% off. I can't resist a deal.

texasgirl

One Too Many
The Shirt said:
texasgirl - when do we all get invites to come down for your super fun sounding events? (Dress is fan-tab-U-lous!)

You're all welcome! The more the merrier- might be a little far from MN though! But if any local people want to come over to my husband's speakeasy/garage just PM me- GirlFriday in coming and maybe ftworthgal!

Miss Brill

One Too Many
Lady Day said:
On the blue one, the inside collar is serged. Now serging was around in the 50s, but ladies at home didnt do it at home. So its either an altered later design, or a vintage mail order?

The second one looks more home made because of the turned under facing. Is it serged?

LD

I had to look up serged to see what it means. :eek: The first one may not be homemade, but it doesn't have any labels. It is serged all over--the other looks like the edges are hemmed (it is machine stitched).

I went back to the charity store & bought more slips today--I spent $4.50 (no tax) and got 4 full slips (2 VF, a Shadowline, and a Philmaid), 2 pettipants (same pair--different colors), and a half slip:
001-4.jpg

002-3.jpg

003-2.jpg

004-1.jpg

005-2.jpg

006-1.jpg

007-2.jpg

They had more slips, and some longline panty girdles, among other things for .50 & $1.00 each, but I've spent way too much money lately. [huh]

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Miss Brill said:
I went back to the charity store & bought more slips today--I spent $4.50 (no tax) and got 4 full slips (2 VF, a Shadowline, and a Philmaid), 2 pettipants (same pair--different colors), and a half slip:

Wow, what a killing on the slips! I love buying vintage slips cheap, especially if they're white so I can dye them whatever color I want. Nylon slips take dye like a dream and it's so easy to do!

Miss Brill

One Too Many
KittyT said:
Wow, what a killing on the slips! I love buying vintage slips cheap, especially if they're white so I can dye them whatever color I want. Nylon slips take dye like a dream and it's so easy to do!

I didn't know you could dye non-natural fabrics--I haven't tried to dye anything in years. Great to know! :eusa_clap I want a pink slip!

deadpandiva said:
I am envious of your purchases. I really want at least one pair of pettipants. I guess it'd be easy enougth to make something similar.

Awww, I don't usually find anything--I don't know why I'm finding so much lately.

Pettipants are so cute on. I have a pair from a long time ago & I wore them so much the crotch finally tore from the front to the back. It all started with a little tear, and I'd sew it back, then a few washings later it would be back & bigger, and finally there was no crotch left. :eek:

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Miss Brill said:
I didn't know you could dye non-natural fabrics--I haven't tried to dye anything in years. Great to know! :eusa_clap I want a pink slip!

Yep, just hot water dye them on the stove :) Of course, usually any decoration or lace is a different fiber content, so it won't always turn out the same color. I have one slip I dyed pink and the nylon dyed medium pink and the lace came out a paler shade. I have another that I dyed a to-die-for coral color. You don't quite know what you're going to get, but it will pretty much always look nice, and usually the contrast between the lace and the nylon will be more striking than the slip was to begin with.

I've dyed girdles too, with satisfactory results.

lyburnum

Practically Family
You have no idea how happy I was to win this bra on eBay:

1a12_1.jpg

Vintage french silk, never worn - so pretty!

More bits and bobs.
adc2_1.jpg

I'm not much of a leopard print person, but I though this vintage hat was fab. It's not in great condition, it's had a lot of repairs so it was fairly inexpensive. However most of the repairs aren't visible because the fur covers them up. If you look closely you can see one on the right hand side in that photo.

whitewithmaribouandhackle.jpg
f065_1.jpg

IMG_9301.jpg

Vintage Cari Michelle glasses. I've been waiting years for a nice pair of vintage sunglasses (in my price range), so was happy to snap them up. They arrived this morning, they feel really well made - big change from my modern glasses.

I'm kinda waiting it out on clothes at the moment. I'm waiting for the perfect white/cream cardigan to come up on eBay. One day, one day.

DimeADanceQueen

Familiar Face
It's been a while since I've picked up anything good... Etsy has been very good to me this week..

HouseCoat.gif

Bluehousedress.gif

Sorry about the photo quality. Not sure what's wrong with my screen capture software but it's giving everything the "wavy-gravy" treatment.

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
Every body hase been getting some beautiful things :eusa_clap I have been shopping it up the last few weeks here are two of my finds. I love novelity prints especially border skirts and hawaiian wear. The swim suit is a never worn Kamehameha.

000_2351.jpg

000_2352.jpg

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
DimeADanceQueen said:
I'm turning green with envy over here! That's so beautiful!! Lucky girl!

Ditto! The color and the seaming on the cups is lovely--nice find!

I love that skirt GG--the graphics are so fifties!

Twilight

Familiar Face
I went to an antique store earlier this week and got:
A compact [needs to be cleaned up a bit]
DSC_0126.jpg

DSC_0128.jpg

and a necklace [thought it was pretty and couldn't say no :D ]
DSC_0129.jpg

DSC_0130.jpg

Mojito

One Too Many
texasgirl said:
Here's a dress I just won for our St Valentines Day Massacre and Soiree!
a00b_1.jpg
Love it! It will be tremendous fun accessorising it.

I bought a black crepe 20s dress with deep layers of fringing on the back below the waist and on the ends of two scarves that came down the front. It looked a bit dull on the hanger, and I had to be persuaded to try it on. When I did so, it was *amazing*. The cut is perfect (made in France) and the movement the fringe adds to it makes it come alive. It was the first time I really appreciated why fringed dresses of the era are so popular.

This is an annual event, isn't it? I seem to remember you've posted some great photos from previous gatherings, or was that something else? A St Valentine's Day massacre sounds like a brilliant way to celebrate the Fourteenth - there's enough in the theme for both men and women.

fernande

Vendor
Its been quite awhile since I've posted - so I have a bunch of treasures to share!

1930s dress
blackdress.jpg

1940s Owl Cookie Jar
owljar.JPG

1940s western "queen of the rodeo" jacket. This is so awesome I have to post two views!
indian1.jpg

indian2.jpg

1940s cold rayon floral dress
cute40sfloraljpg

1930's Deco spotted fur coat. the cut is fantastic. I'm going to feel like Joan Crawford in this.
3c7f_12.JPG

1930s crazy high lattice shoes.
30strap5.jpg

1940's swimsuit, 1930's deco print beach pajamas, black oxfords, a cute sun hat. This was an auction lot that contained a great deal of really cool stuff (even more than pictured-). and total kismet-all in my size
beachpajammas.JPG

redswimsuit.JPG

1920s flapper dress
flapperdress.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy