Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
What a lovely hat, Lady Day! I'm looking for a vintagey hat to shield me from the sun, but I have no idea where to look. I'd wear this one all the time if it was mine!
And I love your adorable pup *kissing sounds*
Lady Day said:
Nothing vintage, but cheap.
Still Im thinking of the make due and mend thread and two co-workers and I went to a local thrift shop during our lunch hour.

I came out with some nice things for under $11.

THis hat was $3. It will be perfect for the picnic this May.

hatfront.jpg

hatside.jpg

hatback.jpg

And I went to their linens section and picked up some sheets for $2 each (the pink and the blue). They will make great shirts.

georgiaandfabric.jpg

Also picked up this linen tablecloth (the white) for $3. Im going to make some slacks out of that!

LD

lyburnum

Practically Family
I am so excited to get this dress! It'll be perfect for nights out. Here's hoping it fits!

pink40sCameodress001.jpg

pink40sCameodress005.jpg

I also just bought this off of LadyStarDust in the classifieds

dscn4662kh0.jpg

And these were my bargain ebay buys. I've wanted a sailor dress for months and months

IMG_2381.jpg

IMG_2387.jpg

3082-1.jpg

Right, no more shopping for a long long time!

MissHannah

One Too Many
Fab dresses everyone!

So, those wrangler jeans I bought arrived yesterday and they are a bit tight but wearable (especially if they loosen up a bit with wear). I had to wash them as they had some dust and some rust marks from the old staples. I washed them cold to avoid any shrinking but the rust marks have remained. I may dye these jeans anyway, in which case it wouldn't matter, but is it possible to get rust stains out?

mrswheats

One of the Regulars
MissHannah,

There are several OTC products that you can buy (at least, I've seen them in my local grocery stores in the States), but from what I've found online, they can be tricky to use because many of them contain hydrofluoric acid. I did find this trick that got some good reviews:

<<You need:
Lemon Juices
Paper towels

Step1 Lay the rust-stained fabric over several white paper towels, which will act as a blotter and absorb the rust.
Step2 Cut a lemon in half and saturate the stain with the fresh lemon juice. (Bottled lemon juice will work, too.)
Step3 Set the fabric (with the paper towel blotter beneath) out in the sun to dry. The rust stain will disappear.
Step4 Launder as usual. >>

Another site recommends using white vinegar if you don't want to use lemon juice.

Good luck!

MissHannah

One Too Many
Great tip! Thanks - I'll give that a go.
May have to skip the drying in the sunshine bit, what with the british weather and all ;)

x

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
What a lovely dress Lola--that's a real showstopper! I love your dresses too lyburnum, especially the cream one. And Lady Day's hat is so cute--I always love your pictures LD!

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
I bought my very FIRST garter belt (or can this be classified as a girdle?), it is from whatKatiedid. I also got a pair of stockings in a fleshtoned color with black havana seam.

DSC01384.jpg

DSC01387.jpg

Two dresses, the red from a brand called Diva, I forgot to take a pic of the back, the straps crisscross in the back which is low cut.. So cute!

DSC01383.jpg

The black dress from Stop staring. the sleeves are so cute and there is a bow on the chest in the same fabric as the sleeves. sorry for the wierd finger position, I was trying not to mush the details on the hips..

DSC01388.jpg

DSC01390.jpg

Also a pair of ivory driving gloves (which are in the pic with the red dress)

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
That black dress is to die for Darhling--do you know the style name? I was looking at the Stop Staring website but I didn't see this one.

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
Lotus Leroux said:
Everyone has been buying such lovely clothes! :)

I did not get clothes but I did get a 1942 issue of Glamour magazine, and some neat jewelry.

IMG_3872.jpg

IMG_3875.jpg

<--- Lover of vintage mags myself. That cover is fabulous. I'm a sucker for those vivid color combos.

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
imoldfashioned said:
That black dress is to die for Darhling--do you know the style name? I was looking at the Stop Staring website but I didn't see this one.

I haven't found it online either.. they are so expensive in the danish shops, so if I can, I would buy them of the site.. but this particular dress I haven't seen. I can't see its name, is there a special tab inside the dress to look?

and thank you! :)

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Darhling said:
I haven't found it online either.. they are so expensive in the danish shops, so if I can, I would buy them of the site.. but this particular dress I haven't seen. I can't see its name, is there a special tab inside the dress to look?

and thank you! :)

SS had a special ''designer" series, where the creator did some higher end designs, I believe that dress was one of those.

*I just skimmed the new (and just as lame) website and man, have the prices gone up?! Cause they are getting crazy .

LD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points