Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Fifties*Freak

Familiar Face
140266652_o1.jpg

I have not been doing too much shopping lately. Heres my latest purchase!

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Please don't hate me. I spotted this at Goodwill about a week and a half ago. I didn't buy it then because I knew they would put it on sale at week 22. At the time week 20 was on sale. Well I heard on the radio that the whole store was on sale today so I snatched it up. I am in love. (It was $29.94 and yes that decimal point in in the correct place.)

l_41208bd122748b6a25b5c4e9d1a34439.jpg

It's marked inside a Basset the same brand as my buffet and matches my other furniture perfectly. I'm guessing it had sliding doors on the top part at some point. I'll never even miss 'em. And no I will not be using this for my TV. ;)

Interesting anecdote one of the guys who loaded it into the truck said it had been there about a month. He said "It's an antique." I replied with "Oh I know." He said he wanted to buy it himself. Oh well, beat ya to it.

Josephine

One Too Many
I bought some retro/vintage Girl Scout pins (and will be getting more, what with 3 girls and me in GS). My family is 'old school' that way, I like the older pins so much better. :)

GSPins.jpg

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Another new addition for the house. I've wanted one of these ever since I saw Vertigo.

"I look up. I look down."

Found this on eBay cheaper than at Target; even the shipping was cheaper.

9212_1_bl.JPG

Mojito

One Too Many
Pink Dahlia said:
Please don't hate me. I spotted this at Goodwill about a week and a half ago. I didn't buy it then because I knew they would put it on sale at week 22. At the time week 20 was on sale. Well I heard on the radio that the whole store was on sale today so I snatched it up. I am in love. (It was $29.94 and yes that decimal point in in the correct place.)
Sometimes, it's just meant to be.

Sometimes, it goes to the right home.

Sometimes, the good guys win.

This is one of those times - congrats, Pink Dahlia!

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Mojito said:
Sometimes, it's just meant to be.

Sometimes, it goes to the right home.

Sometimes, the good guys win.

This is one of those times - congrats, Pink Dahlia!

Well said Mojito - Pink, your home is going to be so incredible, you must, MUST post lots and lots of pictures of it!!

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Thanks ladies. I have the before album up in my myspace. It's kinda bland obviously. But I can't wait till it's finished so I can take the after pics! :D

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Josephine said:
I bought some retro/vintage Girl Scout pins (and will be getting more, what with 3 girls and me in GS). My family is 'old school' that way, I like the older pins so much better. :)

GSPins.jpg

I have some of those! :)

Ah the memories....

LD

Josephine

One Too Many
Lady Day said:
I have some of those! :)

Ah the memories....

LD

I have mine and my mom's (when she was a leader), and I'm trying to get a full set each of 2 Daisy, 3 Brownie, 3 Junior, and (right now) 1 Cadette so the girls don't have to move pins from one tab to another. That way if they have more than one girl each, they will (kind of) have more than one set to give away. :)

ShortClara

One Too Many
DollyDayDream, the old travel novelty print on that dress is gorgeous!

Pink, color me jealous, too, on your amazing find!

Rockapin-up

A-List Customer
Pink Dahlia said:
It will. I'm painting the walls yellow. :D

I guess with that said I should say I also bought this:

l_6eb6892babc42927ec2e9626a43ed69d.jpg

My favorite part:
l_b89559bfa620e8806ed6ca6c0db4b28c.jpg

Now imagine that with yellow walls. :D

It closed yesterday. I'm officially a home owner. Renovations begin this weekend.

Woohoo Party at Pinks house:p ;) Congradulations Pink, I'm very envious:)

Aurora

One of the Regulars
Pink Dahlia said:
Oh you bet! Everyone's invited...but it's in AZ. :)

No problem, my Mum's friend is in Glendale, I'll make a trip of it! :D Would you like us to bring a bottle or some cake?

Just bought 4 pairs of 1940's shoes, a bag, 3 skirts and a pinny - I'll post pics when they arrive :)

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Just won this yesterday. There really aren't any good pictures of it, but you get the idea. Obviously, it's a full circle skirt and it has quilted patch pockets on the front. $15, which seems pretty decent to me. I love the colors!

77b3_1.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW