Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

anabolina

A-List Customer
I love your shoes Miss Hannah. Wow, those pants fit you so well too. And I'm positiveloy green with envy for your nightgown Fleur. I love the bodice.

Does anyone know the history of the Sally Stitch Push Button Dress Form? I just got one on ebay and I think it has to be pretty old. I wonder what company made it. I oiled it and replaced some screws and adjusted it to fit me today. It's a little short waisted for me, but I don't want to break it, so hesitate to be too rough with it and the proportions are mostly right. Hmmm. Now I get to name her. I could call her "Sally with a y" since my name is Sallie as well. Hmm, maybe I could be a but more creative.

P1010050.jpg

Mojito

One Too Many
I had some success out at "The Way We Wear" vintage fair in Sydney yesterday (and I know some other Loungers did as well!).

I fell in love with this 1930s capelet - even more so after I'd bought it, so much so that I wore it to a cocktail party last night. So soft. It was used in the BBC wardrobe department, but the sellers didn't know in which production - so if anyone's seen it, let me know!

Capelet2.jpg

and this black satin dress. The lace inset has rhinestones and beads set in it as well, but they don't show up in the photo (I'll also wear rather different foundation garments when I wear it, so it doesn't look so odd in the bust!):

Blacksatin2.jpg

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Thanks ladies, I do get an image of Rita in something like it! :D yay!

Lovely items Mojito and Miss Hannah (and anabolina!)! I love those clarkes wedges too. Hannah :eek:fftopic: but can I ask how long your long wait was? I've had something go awol, it's been around 5 weeks or so, with no sign. It will definitely have had to go through customs but it's never takne this long before. :(

Aurora

One of the Regulars
Just received 3 pairs of 40's heels - Had to pay £13.26 Import tax on top of the £30ish pounds - All that and they don't even fit despite the measurements being listed - It's just one of those weeks! :(

dandelion-vint

One of the Regulars
Hi, Thanks for the compliments on my starfish dress! I have it with me on vacation. There is no washing machine, so I soaked it in some Biz in the sink and then hung it out in the fresh seashore air!

misshannah - those pants are great. I wish that I could find vintage pants that fit me.

mojito, I love the sleeves on the satin dress! Fabulous.

Carol

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Aurora, I PM'd you. Ada Veen and Dandelion Vintage, thanks for the compliments!

Miss Hannah - I love your new dress and petticoats! Divine!

Fifties Freak - that tripod planter absolutely has to be converted into a Champagne stand with ice. :)

Miss S and Mojito-beautiful things!

Nice purchases everyone!

Kim_B

Practically Family
An afternoon trip to the Antique shop turned up some nice treasures - but in my haste I forgot to photograph the items in their "before" state! I will post their after images when I get feeling better - making the necklaces took about all the energy I could muster! (Darn you sore throat and ear ache!!)

Mojito

One Too Many
Thank you, ShortClara, LadyStardust and Vintage Betty. Dandelion-Vint, I fell in love with the sleeves too - they match the colour of the silk under the lace, and they way they're designed to show the contrasting silk intrigued me. I love your starfish dress, btw - I love marine themed prints!

Jess

I got the most amazing vintage shoes at a thrift store and a lovely vintage handbag but I can't post links cos I'm too new. :( Although I've been here before I forgot my old name! :)

olive bleu

One Too Many
Pink Dahlia said:
FINALLY! I've been looking for canisters forever!

201d_1.JPG

2049_1.JPG

$6.99!

PD..That is SO frickin' cute!!! I have been looking forver to find something i like in red, but this set just makes me want to change my whole colour scheme!

also, congrats on the new home..somehow i missed it ! it is lovely!:)

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Nothing too terribly exciting...

A spiffy thing of old powder, never opened...in a shade called Pearls in Wine....(have no idea what that translates to as a color....purple with pearls added......such an odd name)

IMG_0787.jpg

IMG_0788.jpg

IMG_0792.jpg

and a writing tablet, with guides to write in straight lines....wooo

IMG_0784.jpg

and an old book....which I posted in the Display case old book thread....from 1893....all about house and home and all sorts of things

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
olive bleu said:
PD..That is SO frickin' cute!!! I have been looking forver to find something i like in red, but this set just makes me want to change my whole colour scheme!

also, congrats on the new home..somehow i missed it ! it is lovely!:)

Oh thank you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner