Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Josephine

One Too Many
ShortClara said:
I could not resist these in the Urban Outfitters store! FINALLY Denim Sailor Pants!!

sailorpants.jpg

Short Clara, they look like they ride lower than one's waist. Is this right?

Last_Chael

One of the Regulars
Aurora said:
Last_Chael - That's some serious shopping! Did you buy all those parasols or just the one?!
Thanks! It's been bought over the last month or so, so that makes me feel a little better :p I just bought the ivory coloured one, not all! Though I might look at getting some more as they're just so pretty! But I wanted it to go with my Victorian outfit, which is blue plaid and maroon floral, with maroon trims. I tend to wear ivory gloves and shoes, so I thought an ivory parasol would be perfect! But the good thing is it also goes well with vintage outfits :D

MissHannah

One Too Many
I got some lovely properly high waisted sailor pants from Gap in the sale for £20 (thanks for the tip off lyburnum!). I got them in white and dyed them navy blue, so they have lovely contrasting white stitching and white buttons now. I can't find an online image but I'll photograph them later. Absolute bargain!

Sunny

One Too Many
Last_Chael said:
11v6v08pm29191.JPG
I realised that all the outfits I'm working on at the moment are brown, and yet I don't have a brown jacket to go with (only black, and it's FREEZING mountain winter here right now). I looked at making my own, but when you add the cost of the fabric plus the time, it worked out cheaper to buy this beauty ($30 AU!!!). I decided I'd much rather spend money on fabric for a bright pink, red, purple or blue jacket (yes, I have found fabric in all those colours - can't choose! The joys of working in a fabric store :p) than a boring brown one :p
Where can I get one of those?!

Last_Chael

One of the Regulars
Sunny said:
Where can I get one of those?!

I hope this is ok to post, but here is the seller. You might have to do a search through to see if he has any more listed though. He actually has quite a few nice vintagey pieces at pretty reasonable prices. Though he is based in Australia, so keep that in mind :D

Miss.Monroe

New in Town
I bought this amazing 50s dress! It was my first vintage dress ever.
2618908436_3c9d2683a4.jpg

I found this awesome camera in my grandma's house. It's from 1952, and my grandma never used it!
2371498378_a350b74622.jpg

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
IMAG0064_edited.jpg

I got this on ebay a while ago but it looks alot different on me than on a skinny dress form.
IMAG0046_edited.jpg

These glasses are so cute. My blurry photo doesn't do them justice. I almost didn't get them but they were only 6 bucks and the more I wear them, the more I love them.
IMAG0040_edited.jpg
IMAG0044_edited.jpg

I haven't found a way to wear the flower that doesn't look insane. I have a daisey also which is not as giant.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
ShortClara said:
OK, I have to step *away* from the pocketbook now. really. really.

Just had to have these...

6561_10.JPG

f05a_10.JPG

I was watching those. I love them but think they are beyond my skill level. You have been getting the best patterns latley.

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
deadpandiva said:
IMAG0064_edited.jpg

I got this on ebay a while ago but it looks alot different on me than on a skinny dress form.

Like, a hell of a lot better? I adore that dress.

deadpandiva said:
IMAG0046_edited.jpg

These glasses are so cute. My blurry photo doesn't do them justice. I almost didn't get them but they were only 6 bucks and the more I wear them, the more I love them.

My mom's glasses!

deadpandiva said:
IMAG0040_edited.jpg
IMAG0044_edited.jpg

I haven't found a way to wear the flower that doesn't look insane. I have a daisey also which is not as giant.

I don't think it's insane at all! I like it! I got an enormous red rose yesterday, now I am inspired.

And that dress is killing me, so sweet!

Aurora

One of the Regulars
dollydaydream said:
I've been finding loads of Brownies in the charity shops lately. They just appeared from nowhere lol

I got my Re-Mix shoes from Aurora today hoo-rah!! :eusa_clap
They fit then? I really miss them, but it the shoe doesn't fit.. Put them on eBay!

In the last week I bought: From a charity shop, 2 repro newspapers (1930's & 1940's) and an original (1936) for 95 pence each and an original News Review for 45 pence.
A milk/honey pourer from a bootsale for 50 pence. A Wood's Ware Beryl Cake Plate for £1. A set of 1930's Wooden bookends for £1.50
An unusual bag from eBay for £11.72 (in the post)
And loads of knitting patterns (1940's) for my Mum's Christmas present
I'll post photos when I've got everything together to save loading loads :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran